PDA

View Full Version : Where to Begin with Vampire Counts...

ManWithOutFear
24-03-2009, 23:37
hi all, im a complete noob to the Fantasy scene. Ive collected in the past but never really considered playing till now so when it game to build units i just put whatever weapons i thought looked cool on them.

Anyway ive just bought the Vampire Counts battalion and im wondering where to go from there? i have the Army book on its way but as im still reading the rulebok and never played a fantasy game before i dunno whats good or not.

I mainly picking Vampire Counts as i like the models and undead, anything with zombies is always a plus in my books.

Dont really have a points limit in mind yet i want a decent sized army maybe around 1500?

thanks for reading and hope some of you veterans can help out a noob :)

fubukii
24-03-2009, 23:44
aim for a 2250 pt army. You will want to get the following, (because you can summon them)

Skels or ghouls (depends what u like better)
Zombies
Then pick a specia/rare unit you like as they are all pretty decent ( i like wraiths personally and you can convert them from any army)

W0lf
24-03-2009, 23:47
Pick skeletons or Ghouls.

You will likely want 80-120 of your chosen unit.

Id say aim for 2K because warhammer is a whole diffrent ballgame once lord choices are involved with dual rare slots. Especially for vamp lords.

ManWithOutFear
24-03-2009, 23:51
i prefer the look of ghouls to the skels so ill try and sell/trade the skels out of the batallion for some more ghouls or zombies.

I really like the look of the winged lord will it be worth buying one? or is it just one of those looks good but hopeless playwise models?

CaliforniaGamer
24-03-2009, 23:52
yep 2250..this will allow you to play at local shop leagues, tournaments and what not.

I would get the following:
40-60 zombies, command is meaningless.
another 20 or so either ghouls or skeletons, I would pick ghouls. You pick ghouls and also that is one less banner to paint.
20 or so grave guard and I would model them with great weapons
corpse cart
2 or so vampires on foot
2 or so vampires mounted (not alot of options here)
mounted bsb
6 or so wraiths and banshee
maybe a black coach

I would look at the Gamezone wight BSB and vampire BSB see attached.

I hate the GW black knight models. There are plenty of replacements, use gamezone ones if you dont to do conversions.