PDA

View Full Version : Best Dreadnaught weapon load-out?

Fay_Redd
25-03-2009, 10:01
O.k warseerites in your opinion what is the best weapon set-up for the space marine dreadnaught, just your average basic dread, although the venerable does have the same options. In my mind it's the plasma Cannon and CCW set-up.

In my project log i have my dreadnaught, go check it out.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189849

mughi3
25-03-2009, 10:24
best options-

1.to kill armor up to AV 14 at range-las/missile
2.to kill light armor heavy infantry at range-double auto cannon arms
3.template death-plasma/missile
4.drop pod death-DCCW/heavy flamer with assault cannon or plasma cannon

Best performing option-
Followed closely by-

battle captain corpus
25-03-2009, 11:34
I roll with two venerable dreads for my Justicars of Dorn, one with twin linked heavy bolters and dccw and the other has twin linked lascannons and dccw.

I find the heavy bolters option just great fun and the lascannons come in uber handy in a tight squeeze or to punch an annoying Characters head from their shoulders. :)

BCC

njfed
25-03-2009, 12:10
Super tricky load out for Ironclad...Take 2 Hunter-Killer missiles and put him in a drop pod.

Mine has a Hv Flamer and the Meltagun, so I can hit tanks or troops when I land. However, nothing sucks more than landing right behind that vehicle with a clear shot at the rear armor than rolling a 1 or 2 to hit with the melta. Increase the odds with the two H/K missiles. Since walkers can move and fire all their weapons, you get three shots!

ehlijen
25-03-2009, 13:33
2 HKs on ironclads mean you've got something to do until the enemy come close enough to actually use your countercharge power. 2 Ironclads + Kantor nearby = fun!

The_Outsider
25-03-2009, 16:50
Plasma cannon/DCCW.

Storm bolter or heavy flamer? That comes down to pure personal opinion.

Fay_Redd
25-03-2009, 17:44
@The Outsider, ive gone with Storm Bolter simply because it's the AoBR dread and it's stuck with a storm bolter, i think any attempt to convert it without great skill would be messy. besides, gives in more ranged fire-power, which is always nice.

P.S go and look at my project log, leave a comment if you can be bothered. It's already going the way of the other 2, down and down the list.

monopeludo
25-03-2009, 23:35
I like the Plasma Cannon & Misile launcher combination, but only if I have a TLLC&DCCW to back it up.

zombied00d
25-03-2009, 23:47
Given that the Dread has substantially different roles given its weapon loadout, I think the idea of "best" is kind of in a vacuum, unless a specific task is appointed to it.

I tend towards using the dread as a second line assault option, so I like the AC/DCCW combo. It gives me the chance to pop transports as I move up while still being a credible threat in CC, making it slightly more difficult for my opponent to prioritize targets.

Serg. Lynchbox
26-03-2009, 01:50
Lascannon with CC arm. You should have put a poll on here.

kizzt
26-03-2009, 05:18
Twin assault cannons.
Shame dark angels can't take them... GRRR....
Hopefully the redone DA codex will fix that problem for me though, particularly given the fluff.

Bloodknight
26-03-2009, 08:05
It totally depends on what you want to do with it, but assuming a loyalist dreadnought you cannot really go wrong with assault cannon, DCCW and heavy flamer.

Laser guided fanatic
26-03-2009, 09:07
I use MM+DWCC+DP for tank busting probably the best value tank buster in the game it will bust a few tanks before the enemy latches on and it becomes a fire magnet.

I also use AC+DWCC for character and MC busting.

blameless
26-03-2009, 22:01
I have to say that the Iron Clad is in my opinion the best dread option that there is (especially for Vulcan players! ;))

With two twin linked heavy flamers (or one and a melta) armour 13 and options for hunter killers, CC nades (effective in CC in general)
It all adds up to an easy decision for less than 30 pts more than a STD option.

So get Vulcan, load out on Heavy Flamers (or one melta) drop pod in and then all you need to do is reduce your target to slag! :D

Jerrus
26-03-2009, 23:51
I like them cheap, Multi-Melta and DCCW, 105 pts of loving :D