PDA

View Full Version : FW Hiring Sculptors

Aurellis
25-03-2009, 11:22
I know there are many budding sculptors on this forum and Forgeworld are now hiring for Model Designers so I thought I would bring this news to WarSeer.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/jobfw.htm

static grass
25-03-2009, 14:34
The only irony is they included a picture of a GUO and an Eldar super heavy (scorpion?) underneath, as if the sculpter might not be producing endless baneblade variants.

Brother Loki
25-03-2009, 15:08
Maybe that's the point. Most of their current sculptors are treadheads. They like tanks, so that's primarily what they make. Perhaps they've recognised that they need to bring in some new blood with different interests.

Cane
25-03-2009, 15:13
Well guys all it takes is sculpting a cool looking, bad ass Guardsmen regiment and Forgeworld will love ya forever until GW makes their own version.

Seems like there's little to no love/sales for Xenos compared to the might of the Emperor, especially Guard-related models.

The only irony is they included a picture of a GUO and an Eldar super heavy (scorpion?) underneath, as if the sculpter might not be producing endless baneblade variants.

:p

Mannimarco
25-03-2009, 15:21
wasnt there somthing on here a while ago about some of the other games (WH Historical, maybe some other stuff as well) now falling in under forgeworld? if this is the case then thats what the new sculptors are for?

Jedi152
25-03-2009, 15:24
Purely out of interest, I wonder if any of the regular GW sculptors will apply.

static grass
25-03-2009, 16:34
Maybe that's the point. Most of their current sculptors are treadheads. They like tanks, so that's primarily what they make. Perhaps they've recognised that they need to bring in some new blood with different interests.

Maybe, but most business decisions go like this.

A"We make money doing X"
B"but should we do next?"
A"Do double amount of X?"
A+B in unison"good idea". *high five*

Brother Loki
25-03-2009, 16:50
That doesn't seem to be how Forgeworld works though. Having spoken as length to Warwick at one of the open days it really does seem to come across as more a case of GW leaves them to their own devices. They make the models they want to make and if they sell lots, all well and good. If not, never mind. They're not a demand driven business at all.

static grass
25-03-2009, 16:58
Oh don't think GW is the problem with FW. FW is the problem with FW. They make largely, very good tank models and titans and imperial guardsmen. They make other stuff too but their focus is imperial tanks. That's fine with me. I would just be surprised Warwick employed someone who doesn't love tanks and making models of them. Because thats what Warwick does - it is just human nature to employ someone like you.

I would be happy though if FW did decide to spread their focus more.

Hivefleet Kara'don
25-03-2009, 17:35
Then again it doesn't really matter if Warwick loves tanks or not cause he's not the one employing their Sculptor. ;)

Hashshashin
25-03-2009, 17:43
Seein as how their flagship book series is called Imperial Armour, it doesn't suprise me that their model focus is on Imperial Armour...

But ontopic, I wished I lived in England, and could sculpt really good. ;)

Jedi152
25-03-2009, 17:51
Maybe, but most business decisions go like this.

A"We make money doing X"
B"but should we do next?"
A"Do double amount of X?"
A+B in unison"good idea". *high five*
Which makes total sense. If you sell green magic beans and red magic beans, and every month you sell 3 times the amount of red beans as green, you'll buy more red beans.

static grass
26-03-2009, 15:05
Yup. The only way FW will start making fantasy stuff (as an example) is if everyone stops buying the Imperial armour stuff - which isn't really going to happen.

However....

If GW took over some of the range.... i dunno like super heavies and valks. Maybe FW would have the capacity to do something else but again it's likely to be.... more tanks.

Mannimarco
27-03-2009, 14:04
gw has taken over some of the range, the guard are getting a valkyrie and there are already several baneblades, and an ork stompa with rumours of a warhound titan coming out in the far off distant future

doombanner
27-03-2009, 19:11
Might it not be better to take suggestions as to what peope want? They do have a suggestion form that you can fill out when you make a purchase. This seems like a better way of soliciting feedback, as the participants are already FW customers, and are probably predisposed to buying again in the future.

~Doom Banner