PDA

View Full Version : Declaring chosen spells

ZoomDog
25-03-2009, 12:02
Hi,

If a High Elf player chooses the Seerstaff for a Mage (which allows him to choose his spells), does he need to declare what they are before the game starts? Or can he just write them down and declare them as they're cast?

Necromancy Black
25-03-2009, 13:13
Declare them in whatever way you declare normals spells. You can always agree on your own method, so write them down or declare when you work them out.

I'm unsure if there's any extra rule to the item but I see no reason why it won't follow the same decalration of other spells.

Mercules
25-03-2009, 13:43
Yes. Basically when you roll for spells you just select your lore and spells. Notice that the BRB states on Pg. 111, "This is normally done openly and players will therefore be aware of which spells their opponent has generated."

theunwantedbeing
25-03-2009, 13:49
Declare them at the start along with he rest of your spells(if any).

You declare spells at the start anyway it stops people rolling for them in private and suspiciously always managing to get the most useful set of spells every game.

Bac5665
25-03-2009, 15:42
I did once roll up the 4 best fire spells 5 games in a row once back in mid 6E. That didn't go over too well, though it really was random luck.

Then I learned that fire wasn't actually that good, and the problem stopped.