PDA

View Full Version : 2k DE deathstar

eleveninches
25-03-2009, 13:40
242: Dreadlord (great weapon, sea dragon cloak, guiding eye, regen armour, pendant of khaeleth) [shades]
152: Master BSB (ASF banner, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, great weapon) [shades]
137: Master (3x null talismans, sea dragon cloak, great weapon)[shades]
150: lv1 Sorceress (ring of hotek, dispel scroll)
110: 5 Dark Riders (RxBs)
342: 18 Shades (great weapons, champion)
100: Cold One Chariot
175: Warhydra
175: Warhydra
-----

cyberspite
25-03-2009, 13:50
You must have loads of friends already cos you won't make any playing this list.

bob_the_small
25-03-2009, 17:31
why is the ring of hotek with the sorceress?
why do you need 18 shades in 1 unit?

Malorian
25-03-2009, 17:35
why is the ring of hotek with the sorceress?
why do you need 18 shades in 1 unit?

All the characters go in the shade unit... *yawn*...

fubukii
25-03-2009, 20:10
the shade unit is too small, and lack of assassins make the list weak, sorry good attempt at one of the most broken lists possible but you fell short...

for starters you need more shades, the unit is to small to death star.
Secondly you need at least 1 assassin. You have no way to kill stanks, or other big things.
consider the imune to pysc item, failing 1 terror test sucks

eleveninches
26-03-2009, 11:32
or other big things.
The dreadlord by himself beat a stardragon + lord in a challenge, and made it run away.
Dont see why I need an assassin when the entire unit is striking first (10 S6 attacks with hatred and the rest at S5)
Combined with the shooting from the dark riders and the dreadlords guiding eye, I can still cause a lot of damage from shooting and do very well in combat.
Pretty well protected from shooting and magic.

And can outmanouvre most other armies. Hydras down one flank, chariots down another, and a big long line of shades moving forwards, anything coming within 10" is gonna get charged. Or I could just sit them in a wood, with my charachters out of sight so they cant get sniped off, and then sit there shooting all game, daring the opponant to charge.

Mannfred
26-03-2009, 11:41
Sigh* wat happened to winning games using skill instead of just butchering the army book

Lord Khabal
26-03-2009, 11:48
Why not putting rbts on your characters??? And I agree with the lack of assassin...

Not that much of a fan of stupid chariots tbh... even with Ld9...
guiding eye... LOL! that is the one list that might actually make the item worth it. gotta try it someday.

fubukii
26-03-2009, 21:04
The dreadlord by himself beat a stardragon + lord in a challenge, and made it run away.
Dont see why I need an assassin when the entire unit is striking first (10 S6 attacks with hatred and the rest at S5)
Combined with the shooting from the dark riders and the dreadlords guiding eye, I can still cause a lot of damage from shooting and do very well in combat.
Pretty well protected from shooting and magic.

And can outmanouvre most other armies. Hydras down one flank, chariots down another, and a big long line of shades moving forwards, anything coming within 10" is gonna get charged. Or I could just sit them in a wood, with my charachters out of sight so they cant get sniped off, and then sit there shooting all game, daring the opponant to charge.

you see the problem there is the guy wasnt smart, and charged your unit with a star dragon.... what should be done is charge in 2 chars, let one take the bullet have dragon and lord mangle unit. multiple charges is the way to rock shade death stars.

bob_the_small
26-03-2009, 21:43
yeh u need more shades if you are going to do that...
why is the ring of hotek with the sorceress.. she is just going to blow herself up!

Malorian
26-03-2009, 22:04
Sorceress is just there for the extra DD and the ability to take a scroll. She never would be actually casting spells.

Whitesox
26-03-2009, 22:19
the list is not good for a shadestar list...

first the shadestar list should be great at VP prevention

also the unit doesnt do enough damage to warrant charging it and trying to kill it, on average it would maybe do 10 str 3 hits per turn.... you'd be lucky to cause enough casualities on a elven unit to cause a panic test never mind anything else

your opponent could just concentrate on killing your chariots and hydras with multiple charging and shooting and ignore the shades

fubukii
27-03-2009, 02:14
yea the shade star needs more models like i said, it needs at least 30 shades to be effective. your enemy can kill 1280 pts of your army without touching the star and the star can just be ignored.

eleveninches
27-03-2009, 12:46
Its not that easy to ignore it TBH.
I agree that I need more shades, probably about 30 total, but I dont see why I need an assassin that much when I have enough killy charachters with ASF S6 in there.

warlord hack'a
15-05-2009, 14:28
it mihgt not be easy to ignore it, but it would be very easy to marchblock it or throw some sacrificial units against it.

And where is your corceress going to be, she needs to be within 12 inch of enemy sorcs to be effective, so I believe any enemy list with ranged attacks or lots of magic will rip your deathstar apart, one dispel scroll and 3 DD are not going to help you against VC, DE magic list, Slann etc.

Sigh, I was so happy whe we left the 5th edition herohammer, 6th was great and I had high hops that in 7 the flaws of 6 were tweaked out, but instead we are moving back in the direction of version 5 with deathstar units, too cheap magic items, good characters and special rule upon special rule.

By the way, do you know the full rules for skirmishers? I believe that skirmishers line up against the enemy, even when the enemy charges, I also beloeve you move chargers one at a time, so this means that if your deathstar gets charged from 2 directions which are at a 90 degree angle then you will line up against the first charger and the 2nd charger then hits the 'flank' of your lines up unit. So as long as one of these units survives they can attack your T3 little armour no rank bonus shades). As fubukii said: multiple charges will hurt you.

But it's not your fault for trying, just pity these things are made possible in the first place..

Eulogy2
15-05-2009, 15:13
After reading that list i think my eyes are bleeding a little.

silveryfox
15-05-2009, 23:54
If you wanna be competitive with the Deathstar I'd suggest the Ring of Darkness and more numbers. But as of now your list is somewhat more interesting with other hard hitting things.

And where is your corceress going to be, she needs to be within 12 inch of enemy sorcs to be effective, so I believe any enemy list with ranged attacks or lots of magic will rip your deathstar apart, one dispel scroll and 3 DD are not going to help you against VC, DE magic list, Slann etc.

The Shade unit has MR3 and the Ring of Hotek affects spells cast at or within 12" of the wearers unit.

corum_jhaelen_irsei
19-05-2009, 13:02
It pains me some what to see list abuse in full force and not even the slightest bit of fluff to attempt to justify it...:o