PDA

View Full Version : Marines: Charecters in non Chpter Armies?

AbyssRaven
25-03-2009, 22:09
What is your view on using Charecters like Vulkan or Shrike in non Chapter armies (ie. non salamander/non Rven guard)

Reasoni ask is i am looking at building a Army based on Recvering itschapters lost relics, much like the Vulkan Theme, and wished to maybe use Vulkan as the leader since he fits what my fluff isperfectly (even before i got the code, seing him was a big surprise)

So, opinions?

SimonL
25-03-2009, 22:19
Do what I do... call 'em something different, paint to match your army. Shrike becomes "Lord Flying Claw" and Vulcan "Trogdor The Burninator"

or scratch build yourself a model and use the rules (My Vulkan is a converted Huron Blackheart). I use the rules for Khan and a DA Captain model for instance.

Doesn't even have to have the same equipment, long as there's something similar. You could combine Vulkans Spear and Gauntlet into a halberd-esque staff for instance, and make his cloak a super Iron Halo. Long as it functions the same way...

JLBeady
25-03-2009, 22:20
IIRC the codex specifically says this is perfectly acceptable and is encouraged, hence the "counts as" rule.

Go for it.

AbyssRaven
25-03-2009, 22:26
Thanks ^.^

Mannimarco
25-03-2009, 22:29
its a big galaxy out there, theres bound to be marines from other chapters with similar skills as the special characters from other chapters so go for it, heck i even saw a sicarius leading a red scorpion army