PDA

View Full Version : confirm or deny: storm troopers as troops

Mannimarco
25-03-2009, 22:23
i heard a while ago that there was going to be an upgrade in the new guard codex allowing stormtroopers as troops but looking through the rumour roundup i cant see any mention of it, was this just wishlisting or will i be able to take units of stormtroopers as scoring units

if i can its going to fit better with my narmenian 1st armoured and narmenian 2nd heavy infantry armies

hard94
25-03-2009, 22:26
hi
IRC. they will be elite but you will be able to take vets. as troops and upgrade them to grenadiers.
-andreas-
by the way you don't want stormtroopers you want a psyker council (can't remeber name)

Mannimarco
25-03-2009, 22:31
thats a downer, i do like the idea of stormtroopers as troops (no i dont want to spam ap3 flashlights) its fluffy

yeah i had my eye on that psyker council thing but cant really work it in to my army

if it wasnt in the book necropolis its not going in my army

kikkoman
25-03-2009, 22:34
thats a downer, i do like the idea of stormtroopers as troops (no i dont want to spam ap3 flashlights)

then take grenadiers, they are basically cheaper 4ed storm troopers without hellguns.

Da Black Gobbo
25-03-2009, 23:28
And 3 special weapons. People is confused about ST beeing the same as Grenadiers, greandiers was a "count as" in the book in the last edition.
Grenadiers are Veterans with caparace armour, skilled and battle trained.
Storm troopers are Scholla trained like comissars to become the best soldiers (not counting marines) empire has to offer, they have better training, better weapons and equipment, because they are the elites.

The comparison could be Veterans beeing for example the Spanish legion (hardened soldiers, elite in their way and superior in training to other regiments) and the american Delta Force or britanic S.A.S (specs ops guys with a great training).