PDA

View Full Version : Empire- Cult of Miamicus Dolphinicus with no cavalry units 2250

vinny t
25-03-2009, 22:08
Arch lector with dawn armor, speculum, shield, and sword of might.

Warrior Priest with Armor of Meteoric Iron, and Icon of Magus, Great Weapon

Wizard lvl 2 with 2 scrolls

BSB on barded horse with banner of Sigismund, and full plate

24 Swordsmen with Full command
9 Free Company
5 Free Company (these guys are used to redirect and clog up the battlefield)

9 Free Company
5 Free Company (these guys are used to redirect and clog up the battlefield)

10 Handgunners

10 Handgunners

19 Greatswords will full command
9 Free Company

19 Greatswords will full command
9 Free Company

Cannon

Cannon

Helstorm Rocket Battery

Helstorm Rocket Battery

2252 Points

4 PD 3 Bound
6 DD 2 scrolls

So, this armies tactic is "drown them under a sea of bodies" Free company flanks and redirects, while warmachines pound away.

The theme of miamicus dolphinicus is about the American football team the Miami Dolphins. The army has Miami Dolphin banners and are painted aqua and teal.

Any tips or advice are welcome. :)

Grovel
26-03-2009, 01:23
Personally I think you should swap the 9 fre company detachments (all four) for Halberdiers.

TheDean04
26-03-2009, 04:12
Uh well the name is not so great..... miamicus dolphinicus? I'm not sure how your army will look thematically but from the name it will be Mediterranean? Fact is as the theme for empire goes it Germanic. While your colors might work together the name is not so hot. I know you want input on your list but I just had to voice out against that name.

As for the list; it looks rock hard! 4 PD and 3 bound is sick. I'm always impressed with empire magic. Good luck!

vinny t
26-03-2009, 20:45
The name is a reflection of my favorite American football team the Miami Dolphins and is not intended to be "serious".

Keller
27-03-2009, 15:27
The name is a reflection of my favorite American football team the Miami Dolphins and is not intended to be "serious".

Just be sure you have expressed written consent from the NFL before you record any games for inspirational purposes :p

vinny t
28-03-2009, 00:01
So, a few minor changes. After using outriders for the first time, I realized just how much I love them, so the new list is as follows.

Arch lector with dawn armor, speculum, shield, and sword of might.

Warrior Priest with Armor of Meteoric Iron, and Ring of Volans, Great Weapon

Wizard lvl 2 with 2 scrolls

BSB on barded horse with banner of Sigismund, and full plate

Core:
9 Free Company

9 Free Company

10 Handgunners

10 Handgunners

10 Archers

5 Knights

5 Knights

Special:
5 Outriders with Champion and musician

19 Greatswords with full command and 9 free company

Cannon

Cannon

Rare:
Helstorm Rocket Battery

2248 Points

4 PD 3 Bound
6 DD 2 scrolls

So, going against the whole "no cav" thing, as I realized that knights make excellent redirectors/ flankers with a great armor save.

So, any thoughts?

Tarliyn
29-03-2009, 06:41
you are running the knights vanilla right? I woud also only buy infantry champs where you are going to have characters and try to use the extra points on hoch long rifles, nothing is more satisfying than sniping a wizard, lol. Eve if you kill nothing the long rifle often helps control enemy movement since it has a fear factor effect on your opponent

this is fairly similiar to what I run and though it can be fun to play sometimes but it often looses :(

atleast that is my expereince with it in my little groups meta game (which is 1 daemons player, 1 dwarf/bret player, 1 DE player who occasionally occasionally busts out his skaven)

I don't think it is my generalship since when I bust out my good trusty lizards I normally cream these opponents

Sorry this isn't really helpful feedback since I offer no solution since to be honest I haven't found one that doesn't require going to a type of list I don't want to run (and a type of list it seems you don't want to run either ;) )

I will say cav is a must as are warmachines, they are pretty much the only thing empire does well... I am glad to see you dropped the no cav rule

if you have better luck with it than I do please shoot me a pm I would love to hear/discuss your tatics

vinny t
29-03-2009, 13:32
I could drop the archers and give each handgunner unit a hochland, but then I would have roughly 30 points left. I could add another outrider to the unit and get a musician, and be under by a few.

How does that sound?

Tarliyn
29-03-2009, 23:06
try it and see how you like it

I find the hochs pretty useful, if nothing else you are able to shoot out unit champs with them

also you should try pistoliers in a game sometime...I prefer them to outriders but that may just be me

outriders are nice too though, they can deal out alot of shots if they don't move