PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar news?

trendkill
26-03-2009, 03:28
Hi All,

ive been away from 40k for a while now - but im wondering whats the news on the new Dark eldar mini's being made? its been a long time coming..

or a codex..

we're not just spikier squats.. promise..

holmcross
26-03-2009, 03:40
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128439

Thats all the real info at the moment.

Personally, I couldn't be happier to see the ridiculous christmas tree helmets go.

trendkill
26-03-2009, 04:11
they look much sleaker which is nice. more like a aspect than a race which is better imo

holmcross
26-03-2009, 05:00
I've said it a million times: Dark Eldar, when given new models (that follow the direction of whats in that concept art) and a new codex, will print money for GW.

Acolyte
26-03-2009, 05:02
Yes, but saying it a bunch doesn't make it true.

holmcross
26-03-2009, 05:07
Nope; its the predictable tastes of specific demographics that make it true.

I get the "I called it!" award for Vampire Counts in fantasy as well.

(though I think that one was obvious to everyone).

Dranthar
26-03-2009, 05:09
I've said it a million times: Dark Eldar, when given new models (that follow the direction of whats in that concept art) and a new codex, will print money for GW.

I have to agree. IMO they would probably be around the equivalent in popularity as the Dark Elves in WHFB. That's probably a broad (and possibly leaky) generalisation but lets face it - evil elves have alot of aesthetic appeal.

That said, GW's taken far too long with the Dark Eldar to get my money for them. 2 years ago I would have been all over a new Dark Eldar release, but after 10 years of waiting I've honestly now moved on. I'd buy the Codex, but the models would need to be special indeed if they were to convince me to expand my army.

holmcross
26-03-2009, 05:13
As I see it, the only thing thats stopping them from being a cash machine (after they get updated, I mean) is their poor word of mouth. Which given how thick headed some people can be, that may be quite a challenge.

People get an idea about something in their heads (e.g: DE suck) and come hell, high water or information suggesting otherwise, they ain't changing that for nothing.

I mean, players love elves, and they also love evil versions of things. DE take care of that crowd.

And even if elves aren't your thing, the art direction in those images is awesome. I hate elves, but given how cool DE's models could potentially look, even an elf hater like me could consider building a list.

Denise
26-03-2009, 05:19
According to recent rumors, the codex won't be out this year, and might not be out next year. A little pessimistic, I know, but hope never helped anyone.

Brucopeloso
26-03-2009, 10:04
According to recent rumors, the codex won't be out this year, and might not be out next year. A little pessimistic, I know, but hope never helped anyone.

Good, I'm broke at the moment ;)
Seriously I'd love to see the DE sooner rather than later and if they are as good (model wise) as I think they will be I'll start saving money :D

I was looking at some Jes Goodwin models and even his early stuff is awesome, I can't wait!

Dranthar
26-03-2009, 10:15

You know I remember about 5 years ago, joking about how the next DE codex would probably come at around 2010. :rolleyes: For now, I'm hazarding a guess and saying it won't be out until 2011. It definitely won't be this year and while 2010 is possible (as in: we don't know what's slated for that year yet), I'm not holding high hopes given how long it's been so far.

I'm over being optimistic. It's been 'just on the horizon' for so long now that I just don't care any more.

Bregalad
26-03-2009, 12:00
Pshh .... silent! Or GW gets their panic again: ;)

GW always gets panic if something announced promises to make piles of money. Their usual reactions:

1.) Don't produce it (CoD test tiles, shown in half the CoD pics)
2.) Double the price (gaming board)
3.) Fire designers and sell division (40k roleplay game).

the1stpip
26-03-2009, 12:40
I've found the best way to stop the 'DE suck' crowd, is to go into GW on a gaming night, pick the biggest, loudest dissenter, and then hammer him with a 'sucky' army.

Acolyte
26-03-2009, 13:44
I've never heard someone say 'DE suck.', anywhere, ever. The complaint always is 'The army's amazing, but the models all suck.'

I want to do an army of Reavers (From Firefly, oh the conversions!) using DE rules.

Bregalad
26-03-2009, 18:10
And I want to do a Kroot army with the updated DE rules ;)