PDA

View Full Version : Can Wizards Cast spell in armour?

Deus Mechanicus
26-03-2009, 14:47
I seem to recall that in 7th edition they can but looking at the Empire book they have a magic item that says that wizards can wear this armour and cast spells (which kinda implies that they cannot otherwise).

But in Warriors of Chaos i cant seem to find anything that mentions that Sorcerers cant wear Chaos Armour and cast spells and so on.

So can wizards cast spells with armour? Can Empire Wizards?

Gazak Blacktoof
26-03-2009, 14:55
Armour of Tarnus (I think that's the one) can be selected by a wizard even though they don't usually have access to mundane armour, which is normally a prerequisite to taking magic armour.

There are no rules preventing wizards casting in armour but they can't normally take it anyway.

Spirit
26-03-2009, 15:04
The only restriction is what magic armour a wizard can take.

If they have access to a mundane armour, (light OR heavy) then they may take magic armour.

If they have acess to a mundane shield, they may take magical shields.

There is no longer a restriction saying you cannot cast spells while wearing armour.

Lord Zarkov
26-03-2009, 15:55
The Empire magic item is just a cut-and-paste error from 6th Edition when the rules were different. They just forgot to change the wording from "may cast spells in armour" to "may buy this even though they can't buy mundane armour". Probably because the Empire book and 7th Ed book were developed at roughly the same time, the magic items might have been written before the change was made in the rulebook.

Zachary
26-03-2009, 16:41
It seems some army books are allowed armor and others arnt. HE cant but VC can(or could in the old book) And DE cant and i dont know about any others

Spirit
26-03-2009, 18:49
It seems some army books are allowed armor and others arnt. HE cant but VC can(or could in the old book) And DE cant and i dont know about any others

High elves cant have magic armour because the mages have no way of getting normal armour.

Its nothing to do with different books allowing it. All mages can wear armour and cast spells. BUT only if they can buy armour in the first place.

I realise im repeating myself but for the amount of times this question is asked, it needs spelling out in big huge letters with sirens.