PDA

View Full Version : Differance between defiler boxes?

Deus Mechanicus
26-03-2009, 14:53
Hello all, im going to include two Close Combat Defilers in my Chaos Army and as i was strolling around some online stores i noticed that there is an old style box (with artwork as cover) and a new style box (with a pimped photo instead)

So i was just going to ask if there is any difference content wise with these boxes or if it's the same stuff repackaged, thanks

sydbridges
26-03-2009, 14:55
Don't know this for sure, but I'd guess the only difference is going to be that the new box comes with the instructions that covers both defilers and soul grinders that comes with the soul grinder kit.

Deus Mechanicus
27-03-2009, 02:34
Are you sure? I thought the Soul Grinder was a seperate kit?

ArnhemKnight
27-03-2009, 02:36
Soul Grinder is a whole different kit. They share some sprues, but you can't make a Defiler with the SG box.

sydbridges
27-03-2009, 02:37
Are you sure? I thought the Soul Grinder was a seperate kit?

I have the soul grinder kit, and the instructions it comes with covers both the defiler and soul grinder, because the two kits share a lot of parts. So I'd guess that's the difference between old and new defiler boxes - it would only make sense to print dual-purpose instructions if you were going to include them in both boxes. I do not have the new defiler box, so I can't say for sure that is the difference.

Note that this is the instructions. Not the parts. The defiler and soul grinder kits both have unique sprues, so if you buy a soul grinder kit, you aren't going to get all the parts to build a defiler. You will get the instructions on how to build a defiler, if you had all the bits, though.

Hashshashin
27-03-2009, 03:30
I believe they are the same. I bought the old box right after it came out and I got another defiler in an army box last year and the sprues were the same, different grey for the plastic, but the same.

Mouldsta
27-03-2009, 03:32
They're exactly the same, just the changed the box art on a lot of boxes.