PDA

View Full Version : Conversion ideas/help !

AbyssRaven
26-03-2009, 22:37
Hi!

So i am trying to lan out my conversion for my 1500Pt rmy Leader.

Vulkan conversion for my nova marines.

Im having trouble finding the a body thati am after

I'm hoping to get a model walking forward
Final pose will be Advancing, holding a glaive across his body flat as if he is striding toward combat, weapon at ease.

im not bad with greens tuff, but wouldnt be skilled enough to do alot of green stuf reconstruction.

Any body know of any possible models that would fit this well?

SimonL
26-03-2009, 23:00
Huron Blackheart (CSM) is a pretty good base. He's got the flamer-arm and back tanks already. Just file of the Chaos bling and fill the bionics holes will GS.

Mega Nutz
26-03-2009, 23:17
The Emperors champion, Huron Blackheart, Games day space marine from a few years back (power fist raised, chainmail toga) are all based on a similar stepping forward pose, and would be good base figures. See which fits your theme and/or requires less GS and go from there! Good luck...

AbyssRaven
26-03-2009, 23:23
Thanks!

I had looked at the emperors champion. Removing the head may be a bit of fun, butbesides that is a nice solid basis for what i am after

Antheridea i had was masterof the fleet. File and GS the arm so that it's Straight, not 'over the shoulder'. Then have it as if he has paused to survery the field (Glaive up at rest). Would have to find an apropriate helmet and wrist mount flamer or maybe flamer head within the glaive.

rodmillard
26-03-2009, 23:24
Can't help with the body, but for the glaive consider using a Nemesis force halberd from a Grey Knight in Power Armour. They are all right arms, with fairly ornate shoulder pads, so should make a good character weapon for a regular marine force.

AbyssRaven
26-03-2009, 23:28
I just looked at Huron. He looks like a great fit. Witha bit of GS patching of the Chest plate, and some file work he should do well. Though i'll replace the arms, backpack and head.

Does anybody know if hurons arms coem attatched or un attatched?

SimonL
26-03-2009, 23:33
I replaced the head, but the right arm and backpack with the inbuilt Heavy Flamer are the reason to use him as Vulkan. He's even got an Iron Halo.

The arm with the axe is attached, the other one not. If you don't like the claws just replace or whittle down the fingers. Also gotta hack off his ugly @$$ head lol.

AbyssRaven
26-03-2009, 23:54
I have a better dea for the back pack and iron hao
his Ironhalo will be made of the Novamarine chapter symbol mounted on his bakpack. And The flamer tanks will be part of the wrist mounted flamer

Thanks for the info about the arm's though!!

I needto find a helm i like now, and apropriate arms and practice my GS skills on making a cape!

SimonL
26-03-2009, 23:57
I didn't trust my dragonscale cape sculpting abilities, so I'm counting his Iron Halo as an ancient relic 3++ Iron Halo :D

Grimtuff
27-03-2009, 00:09
I didn't trust my dragonscale cape sculpting abilities, so I'm counting his Iron Halo as an ancient relic 3++ Iron Halo :D

Or just use one of the Dark Elf Corsair ones. ;) The bits websites will have loads of them.

AbyssRaven
27-03-2009, 00:11
I used to do alot of tabards when i played last,a cape shouldnt be toooo much harder i imagine, may take a few goes.

Also i plan to'tik' to ironhalo's together toform acircle, and place a skull within. Walla. iron halo AND chapter symbol all in one!

SimonL
27-03-2009, 00:27
I just had the best idea ever...behold my new scaley cape...:D

AbyssRaven
27-03-2009, 00:34
snake skin?

For scales you could do a gren stuff cape, then press the flat edgeof something about 1/4 a cm long to form scales?

SimonL
27-03-2009, 00:42
It is indeed lol. I knew all those extra sheds would come in handy some day...