PDA

View Full Version : question about Forgeworld shipping

dal9ll
26-03-2009, 23:43
I heard a little bit about Forgeworld's shipping, namely that it takes forever to finally receive your order. I ordered the Ork Biker Boss (which looks totally pimp BTW!!) this week and was just wondering how long I should expect the shipping to take. I live in California.

If youve ordered from Forgeworld, please list how long it took from ordering the item to receiving it, and what you ordered (obviously Titans take longer to receive, lol).

Thanks everyone!

Bookwrak
27-03-2009, 00:10
I placed an order for some DKoK, Tallern, Tau, and Weathertop.

The first three arrived within ten days. Weathertop took about five weeks.

Industrial Propaganda
27-03-2009, 00:24
Two weeks till one month to Switzerland.

Marshal Sinclair
27-03-2009, 00:28
My last FW order was for most of my Krieg army. It arrived within a week (and that's to Germany with about 3 days forces shipping added to it). So really it was abotu 3 or 4 days for the entire army to arrive.

Maine
27-03-2009, 00:32
If youve ordered from Forgeworld, please list how long it took from ordering the item to receiving it, and what you ordered (obviously Titans take longer to receive, lol).

If varies greatly. I placed a large single order a year ago for my club, about $1400 worth of stuff - some BFG, a Marauder Destroyer, a Eldar titan, and for myself some Tyranid stuff (Hierophant, Malanthrope, Trygon, Scythed Hierodule).

After dealing with a CC snafu (I originally ordered using the website, and my CC company declined it as possibly fraudulent on the first pass, so I had to stay up late and make an overseas call to FW to get them to re-attempt the charge). Most of the stuff arrived within a week, but the Hierophant and Trygon took about 4 weeks. All was shipped express.

At Games Day LA in August I ordered a few items - Necron Pylon, Winged Scything Hive Tyrant, and Ork Fighta Bomma. The Pylon and Tyrant arrived about 3 weeks later, the Fighta Bomma after another 2 weeks. These are not shipped express.

Aurellis
27-03-2009, 00:34
I ordered some Salamanders Rhino Doors a few months ago and from ordering to delivery it only took 10 days :)

Bregalad
27-03-2009, 00:43
There are hundreds of threads on this topic. Using the search button would have helped.

boogle
27-03-2009, 00:47
I'm uk based and placed my order for 2 packs of Cadian Vets with shotguns on monday, i asked about availability and shipping time at the time of ordering, they said the end of the week, however, i got a letter from them as they mis-heard my card number, otherwise it would have arrived today, so 2-3 days for stuff in stock to the UK, best bet is to contact them before ordering to give you rough guide on when to expect your order

Marshal Sinclair
27-03-2009, 00:48
There are hundreds of threads on this topic. Using the search button would have helped.

If it annoys you so much why even open the thread?

Marshal Argos
27-03-2009, 10:25
If it annoys you so much why even open the thread?

Because there are 10000000000 opinions already listed in 10000 different threads on the same topic. If the OP used the search he would save himself time, find quite a few different opinions (which he will also find here) and save the board from yet another "why does it take so long for me to get my forgeworld" threads....

OT. As others have said, both in this thread and the umteen others. It depends on what you order and when you order. If its something small and they have it in stock than you'll get it quick. If it's small and quickly made than you might get it in a reasonable amount of time. But if it's huge, with lots of parts and they are out of stock it could take up to two months. In the end it has nothing to do withing shipping, but everything to do with them casting up the model.

Glassmoon
27-03-2009, 10:47
I've orded the warboss one week ago, too, and its not here in Germany. Perhaps they are currently out of stock on this model; the orders that I've placed before that one were here within 2 or 3 days.

jstalker
27-03-2009, 12:21
I ordered 2 squads of krieg last friday, still not got them yet,
They do say on their website however delivery can take upto 28 days (and im in the uk)

Mega Nutz
27-03-2009, 12:48
Ordered my Ork Warboss biker kit at the end of Feb and it was delivered on the 24/03 so within the 28days....Track set was badly cast, rang customer services replacements received today so 10/10 for post sale service.

Just a small note, Forge world are at Salute tomorrow and usually fall a little behind with the run up to a major event!!

Brother Loki
27-03-2009, 13:10
Very true. Pretty much all their casters will be working on pre-orders for the event, so normal orders will be on hold I should imagine.

carldooley
27-03-2009, 14:52
I have made 2 orders to forgeworld
#1 was 2 years ago for two vanquisher turrets and flechette dischargers, which only took about 4 days to get to me, transatlantic.

#2 was 2 weeks ago, TL Autocannons for my dreadheads, and I'm still waiting on it to arrive.

BigBadBull
27-03-2009, 15:51
It depends on several factors
1. Is it in stock
2. Is it a Pre-order
3. Type of shipping selected
4. your location
5. Size of order and if it qualified for "free upgrade to express shipping" ( 250 GPB or some of the big items get free express shipping)
6. Time of year...( from late Oct- early Jan you know they are crazy busy)

Couple examples from my personal experience. I have made a ton of orders to the USA and it varies..
1. smaller order of a dread and weapons in Sept of 05 took about 28 days
2. 3 Tau suits in Nov of 07 took 6 weeks
3. $200 of random SM last spring, 2weeks
4. Pre release of Books, usually with in a week of when the Brits start getting them.
5. Tau tiger shark, LR MK2B, 4 larger Terrain pices, 8 sets of Dread arms, Eldar Flier, LR Armor upgrades, qualified for free express shipping in Late nov of last year, 2 days to my door from placing the order.
6. Reaver titan, Tau BFG fleet, SM BFG ships, Dread weapons... 4 days since I ordered on a Friday.

If you order late Thurs expect it to add 3 days to the ship time due to the weekend.
If some of your order is out of stock they may send part of it, and then send the rest the same level of shipping the first part went out at.

If there is a miss cast or an error on the order , usually they will Express deliver the replacement to the USA.

Forlorn
27-03-2009, 18:09
I don't get my orders shipped from FW. I am graced with a Gamesday near where I live and simply send an e-mail to FW and pick the items up the day of the event here in the US. Chin Chin.

Cypher
27-03-2009, 18:57
As others have said, if the items in stock, delivery is usually pretty quick. I've had stuff get to Australia in under two weeks.

There are typically two reasons for a delay: the item is out of stock, or it's a "busy period" and they're behind. FW is a relatively small outfit personel-wise, so there's a practical limit to how much stuff they can send out in any given period of time.

I don't get my orders shipped from FW. I am graced with a Gamesday near where I live and simply send an e-mail to FW and pick the items up the day of the event here in the US. Chin Chin.
So what happens if you want something from FW the other 51 weeks of the year?

dal9ll
27-03-2009, 19:11
Thanks everyone. I just hope the model doesnt have any casting problems!

BigBadBull
27-03-2009, 20:13
Let them know if it does.

Let me know , and I can send some recommendations on quick turn a rounds.

Damocles8
27-03-2009, 20:46
we made a massive order....less than two weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday.....