PDA

View Full Version : GamesWorkshop Newsletter #33

Gussy
27-03-2009, 02:51
I received an email with above subject. By "newsletter" you'd expect stuff like articles, news, etc. but all this "newsletter" contains is the cover of the current White Dwarf.

What's up with that?? Is this what they are reduced to doing...nothing?!

xowainx
27-03-2009, 10:21
It also has a list of the contents of the new WD, so at a guess, it is a newsletter to say that the new issue of their magazine is out, which is news, of a form. The newsletter really just alternates between the odd sneak peak and news about the latest products that are available to order/pre-order and has been for a while, so I don't get why you'd make a big deal out of it now. Yes it could be better and could be used for better things, but it's not and if you don't want it, you can always unsubscribe.

Gussy
27-03-2009, 15:28
It used to be better. It's like they have nothing to write anymore.

Arbas
27-03-2009, 15:39
As long as all staff are nose to the grindstone on new products I'll live with a sparse newsletter :)

Cane
27-03-2009, 15:46
"No news is good news" :chrome:

In any case, it seems like GW's newsletter is pretty lacking but that can be said of their White Dwarf and overall community involvement as a whole.

untimention
27-03-2009, 15:54
It was a shockingly bad newsletter.

In my job we do newsletters and if we sent that out our MD would sack us.

The GW site and newsletters have turned into A JOKE

i have collected WD since i started and i have every issue since i started... however i am starting to read less and less of it as it's got so bad.

The new website was meant to herald a big and better site.... it turned into a sham.

They dont even up-date this website anymore.

yabbadabba
27-03-2009, 17:08
Yawn!

I don't suppose anyone has bothered to call to find out whats going on? No? Thought so.

So much easier to moan than to be proactive. No wonder GW doesn't listen.

OrlyggJafnakol
27-03-2009, 17:30
They dont even up-date this website anymore.

Yes they do... Once a month or so. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of Stompas and used their guide when I was assembling my model.

It's GW newsletter. They can put in it what they like. The way I see it, they are just reminding people who don't subscribe that the issue is out.

The Foundary, in comparision, have sent me multiple emails about their sale.

doombanner
27-03-2009, 23:27
Yawn!

I don't suppose anyone has bothered to call to find out whats going on? No? Thought so.

So much easier to moan than to be proactive. No wonder GW doesn't listen.

Why should customers have to be proactive in finding out what products a company is putting out?

Shouldn't a company be actively marketing to their customers? Especially customers who have already subscribed to the newsletter, and are presumably more inclined to purchase something that is out that month?

~Doom Banner

alexh
28-03-2009, 09:00
Why should customers have to be proactive in finding out what products a company is putting out?

Shouldn't a company be actively marketing to their customers? Especially customers who have already subscribed to the newsletter, and are presumably more inclined to purchase something that is out that month?

~Doom Banner

The company is already marketing to their customers by putting all of this stuff on their website, why should they spend more money doing mail drops and the like.

yabbadabba
28-03-2009, 09:52

~Doom Banner

They don't have to. This was a newsletter about one item. White Dwarf. Its an marketing angle I've seen used loads of times before by a variety of companies.
Its just that, as usual, it's easier to come on here, protest about next to nothing making a minor e-vert a massive thing, than to call up GW, ask what its about then make a rational decision about how to react.
So I called up GW and was told they were advertising WD and were trying something a little different. Try it yourselves sometime.

Satan
28-03-2009, 12:13
They need a new web editor. I think they should hire me. I've actually worked as one with rather big projects, newsletters being one of them.