PDA

View Full Version : Baneblade extra sponson position question...

Dr. Hellbeast
27-03-2009, 11:21
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting the extra sponson upgrade for my WIP Baneblade. Just wondering if the sponsons I fit at the rear should have the heavy bolters facing backwards. Anyone got a tank with the extra sponsons built? How have you done it?

Foolish Mortal
27-03-2009, 11:57
I plan on doing the same thing myself sometime, and from what pictures I have seen, facing front or backwards seems to be purely a matter of aesthetics(?), so I'd go with what you think looks best.

Dr. Hellbeast
27-03-2009, 12:01
Hi, Foolish Mortal.

Yeah, I just wouldn't trust the gunners not to shoot the sponson in front of them off in the heat of battle. :p

SimonL
27-03-2009, 12:03
I would, plenty of dakka shooting forwards already. Alternatively, just magnet the sponsons and you can switch them around if want maximum forward firepower.

Foolish Mortal
27-03-2009, 12:30
Hi, Foolish Mortal.

Yeah, I just wouldn't trust the gunners not to shoot the sponson in front of them off in the heat of battle. :p

Yep, could well be a fair chance of that happening...:p

I think mine will face backwards, just because I like the look of it, and it does make more sense to have some protection to the rear, but, as I said, each to their own.

Deadmanwade
27-03-2009, 14:15
Do you expect your opponents to use the Flank March strategem? If so then rear facing is better.

Stormlord
27-03-2009, 14:40
I just bought a baneblade and i didnt get an extra set of sponsons
although i would love to put them on

where do you get the extra set anyways?

IAMNOTHERE
27-03-2009, 14:44
GW online store for the extr sprues.

I've a Baneblade with teh extra sponsons and mine face to the rear.

The extra 2 las cannon shots are well worth the points in the firstplace on a super heavy and the heavy bolters are just the cream for putting pressure on deepstrikeing or inflitrating units.

SimonL
27-03-2009, 14:49
40 bucks! (Canadian) for a set of sponsons...grrr...I"m tempted to just buy a Baneblade and give it side armour, I can't justify 1/3 of the cost of a full kit just for the two sponsons.