PDA

View Full Version : 2K Stunties

AFoolProofPlan
27-03-2009, 13:26
another attempt at making a casual 2K list and still not entirely happy with it.
I have about 85 pts left to play around with.
Any comment, and critique would be appreciated. Thanks

Dwarf Lord - 231
GW, Shieldbearers
RoStone, MroSpite

Runesmith - 79 pts
GW
RoStone
----------------------------
24 Warriors - 241 pts
Shield, FC

25 Warriors - 240 pts
Shield, Standard, Mus

25 Warriors - 240 pts
Shield, Standard, Mus

10 Thunderers - 150 pts
Shield
Cannon - 125
RoForging

Bolt Thrower - 85 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating

Bolt Thrower - 90 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating, RoBurning

18 Hammerers - 275 pts
Shield, FC
MroGrungni
------------------------------
Organ Gun - 120

104 models, 4 warmachine

happy_doctor
27-03-2009, 14:40
I notice the lack of BSB. I'd add a naked thane BSB for those valuable re-rolls.

Alternatively, there's the option of a gyrocopter or 2 naked dragon slayers .

AFoolProofPlan
28-03-2009, 05:43
I could take 10 Quarrellers instead, and use the rest of the points to get a BSB.

How does 2 Thane fare, compared to a lord?
Lord seems like a pretty big point sink at the mo

fishound7
29-03-2009, 05:36
I have a hard time justifing a lord at 2250. I'd get a cannon with roforging its priceless or at least for me the last few games it generally gets its points back also.

Imo the bsb is most important character you got just for the static CR he brings. Because we all know dwarves win on static CR. Put Mrogromil and ropreservation plus rofurnace. Furnace helps with lore of metal. Caster heavy armies will melt your characters otherwise. Plus you can make him a bit fighty if you want but he's pricey to me at least with that.

I'm slowly getting turned on with thanes with the rune of might and rune of cleaving. If the opponent is T4 or less your wounding on 3's or better. If the opponent is T5 or more your wounding on 2's and you also have room for another rune if wanted but it starts getting REALLY pricy.

I'm thinking on setting up all my thanes with that maybe.... I tried to go pure defensive and it didn't work out for me.

It looks like your being conservative with your points so... maybe Make the runesmith your general and make your BSB fighty and i'm sure you will save more points then your current set up with your charactors. I'd put in at least one spell of breaking also if you can squeeze it.

fishound7
29-03-2009, 05:40
Better yet Master rune of Kragg the Grim and rune of might. Now your always wounding on 2+ But you lose AS save from shield and strike last but striking last is what we do most the time.

AFoolProofPlan
29-03-2009, 10:07
I'm thinking I'll just run a Thane and a BSB instead of Lord. And maybe even replace the Hammerers. BSB with MRoGromril, RoPreservation, RoFurnace.
Perhaps a ToP?
I'd need to figure out where all these guys would go though

I've been taking Lord so far cuz my friend plays Ogre. And I do not want to get in a scrap against a Tyrant with a BSB. But I think this might work out better over all.

Revised List
Thane - 144
MroKragg, RoSnorri, RoFury, RoStone

BSB - 155
MroGromril, RoPreservation, RoFurnace, RoCleaving

Runesmith - 131
RoStone, RoSpellbreaking, GW
--------------------------
24 Warriors - 241 pts
Shield, FC

23 Warriors - 232 pts
Shield, FC

25 Warriors - 240 pts
Shield, Standard, Mus

10 Thunderers - 150 pts
Shield
Cannon - 125
RoForging

Bolt Thrower - 85 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating

Bolt Thrower - 60 pts
Engineer

20 Ironbreakers - 303 pts
Mus, Standard
RoStoicism
------------------------------
Organ Gun - 120

fishound7
29-03-2009, 11:29
since you got the points put rostriking on bsb. Makes it so WS 7 models don't hit you on 3's anymore and hit you on 4's. Or you can give your bolt throwers brace pistols which sometimes make a difference in thier survival with the always stand and shoot reaction and having the engineer with two armor piercing attacks in HtH. Good against fast cav. Look up brace pistols if ya don't know about em.

Another option is to upgrade one of your thunders to a veteran and get brace pistols for free with the upgrade. In doing that you always get a stand and shoot reaction AND in a stand and shoot reaction you fire when all models can shoot meaning. Brace pistols are range 8 so all your thunders shoot at close range. But you only have 9 thunders then for normal rounds of shooting.

Or down grade thunders to crossbows and upgrade a warrior unit to 20 longbeards which actually can kinda kill stuff

But your list looks good tell us how you do.

AFoolProofPlan
29-03-2009, 11:45
Thanks for the help.
Made a little revision above. I've decided to go with putting the Thanes in the Warrior. They'll need more help than the elites. And I'll have 3 somewhat strong units this way I think.
Hopefully this will work out.