PDA

View Full Version : Can I put a DoC Daemon Prince in a unit?

MajorCorruption
27-03-2009, 18:00
Is there anything in the rules that say I cannot put a Prince in with a unit, like any other character (DoC not WoC)? If there is where is it?

theunwantedbeing
27-03-2009, 18:00
No, as the rules say he cannot join units, more than once infact.

MajorCorruption
27-03-2009, 18:04
Where, army book or core rule book?

Lord Zarkov
27-03-2009, 18:06
Army Book (in that little box on the army rules page) and second BRB FAQ

MajorCorruption
27-03-2009, 18:09
Thank you.

Jind_Singh
28-03-2009, 16:25
no you can't - it states in the DoC book that they can't join units. (page 30)

"while daemon princes/greater daemons are characters, they are also monstors as defined by the rules and can therefore never join units"

a pretty fair ruling, can you imagine "look out sir" on a daemon prince!!!

Deetwo
28-03-2009, 16:53
no you can't - it states in the DoC book that they can't join units. (page 30)

"while daemon princes/greater daemons are characters, they are also monstors as defined by the rules and can therefore never join units"

He's not even a large target :)
Not to mention palanquin/jugger heralds are actually bulkier than daemon princes :)

sulla
28-03-2009, 21:24

I would have said "another nail in the coffin of the most useless unit in the Daemon army book," but 'one man's water is another man's wine' and all that...

EvC
29-03-2009, 00:31
Heh, I recall one game I had against Daemons and my opponent had a lovely Daemon Prince on the table, and I was thinking this was perhaps going to be my first good game against Daemons. When he put the Prince into a massive unit of Horrors, and I said he couldn't do that, I was rewarded by the Prince and a few infantry models going back into the army case... and a Lord of Change coming out.

That taught me...