PDA

View Full Version : 2k lizard no slann

idontlikefrogs
27-03-2009, 21:34
this is my first lizard army, any pointers?:eek: im going up against allcomers so no perticular ememy is intended.

Oldblood,
light armour, shield of the mirrored pool, blade of revered tzunki
Carnousaur 460pts

Scar vet
L armour, shield, sword of the hornet 118pts

Skink priest lv 2
Engine of the gods
Plaque of tepok 405pts

19 saurus, spears, full com 258pts
20 saurus, spears, full com 270pts
14 skink skirmishers 98pts

3 terradons 90pts

6 cold one cav, 210pts

salamander 75pts
total 1999

Spirit
27-03-2009, 22:30
Hmm, ok.

Oldblood: Give him the charm of itzl, a 2+ ward save against a cannonball is better than a magic missile protection. The carnosaur is not a large target so it is easy to hide from mages.

Scar vet: Get this boy a battle standard. If theres one thing that makes lizardmens already awsome ld even better, this is the way to go

I personally think the sword of the hornet is a bit of a waste. All it does is kill rank and file troops, saurus do that fine. Give him the burning blade of chotek or a great weapon.

Saurus: Make sure you field these bad boys with 6 wide frontage (so 6x3 with 2 at the back) this gives them 24 attacks to the front, which is full of awsome. (drop the champions, they are a waste of points in a saurus unit. Use the spare points for the bsb.

EOTG: Seeing as you only have one mage, casting any magic is going to be hard a the best of times, Give the mage the diadem of power instead. This gives you 6 dispell dice. Otherwise you will get blasted off the table.

Otherwise looks like a fairly solid list. Not enough stegadons for my liking though!!

imweasel
27-03-2009, 23:04
Besides what Spirit said, I would drop the full command on the cold ones. About all you really need is a banner. I'm not sure about dropping the champs in your saurus blocks, but who knows...

Crube
27-03-2009, 23:13
Dropping command models should free up enough points for the BSB upgrade, as well as a few extra Skink Skirmishers. I like 2 units of 10 for that little bit more flexibility.

Spirit
27-03-2009, 23:41
Besides what Spirit said, I would drop the full command on the cold ones. About all you really need is a banner. I'm not sure about dropping the champs in your saurus blocks, but who knows...

12 points for 25 attacks instead of 24 attacks

or

12 points for +1 US, +1 death before loss of +1 rank bonus, 1+w

Thats the comparison between a champ in saurus and another spear saurus, same points. Some armies need champs (like undead, who get them back) but saurus dont. The saurus characters can be tooled up to maul other hero level characters in challenges so there isnt really much point in a champion. In my opinion.

Dungeon_Lawyer
28-03-2009, 01:32
looks good a dispell scroll for when you really need to dispell something would be good

idontlikefrogs
28-03-2009, 10:10
here is my revised list.

Oldblood,
light armour, shield, charm of itzl, blade of revered tzunki
Carnousaur 466pts

Scar vet
L armour, shield, great weopon, bsb. 124pts

Skink priest lv 2
Engine of the gods
Diadem of power 415pts

19 saurus, spears, standard/musican 246pts