PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Warriors Hatred VS DE

Kloud13
27-03-2009, 22:23
Would the Shadow Warriors benifit from their eternal hatred against all things in the DE army(such as Harpies, Mounts ect)? or do they only get the Eternal Hatred VS the Elves themselves?

Von Wibble
27-03-2009, 22:40
Nagarythe hatred states Shadow warriors hate dark elves in all rounds of combat.

p.55 of dark elf book - Harpies are not Dark elves.

Therefore the shadow warriors only reroll in the first round vs harpies.

However, no such statement is made about the black dragon, hydra, dark pegasus or manticore. Since they get hatred it seems only fair the shadow warriors benefit there. Not so sure on this one.

chivalrous
28-03-2009, 04:38
Nagarythe hatred states Shadow warriors hate dark elves in all rounds of combat.

p.55 of dark elf book - Harpies are not Dark elves.

Therefore the shadow warriors only reroll in the first round vs harpies.

However, no such statement is made about the black dragon, hydra, dark pegasus or manticore. Since they get hatred it seems only fair the shadow warriors benefit there. Not so sure on this one.

In which case, all Dark Elves would get to use Eternal Hatred against Great Eagles in the High Elf army list. Correct?

Kloud13
28-03-2009, 06:43
I would have no problem with DE eternaly hating everything in my army, Including any Creature that allies with my Army. I'm sure the DE anger is so Great, that they don't stop and say, "Hey, Eagle!! I hate you, but not as much as that Cousin of Mine." They Hate the High Elf Army Period, and anything in it just as much. And Shadow Warriors would be just as disgusted with anything that fights with the DE Army.

Harpies, They just see the High Elves as someone else the DE fights.

ZoomDog
28-03-2009, 07:55
Both the Dark Elf Eternal Hatred rule and the High Elf Valour of Ages rule state that they get the benefit when "fighting HE/DE armies". So it's not the particular unit they're fighting that matters, just that they're battling their hated cousins on the field.
The Shadow Warrior one isn't as specific, "When fighting Dark Elves", so does that mean in combat with a Dark Elf unit or fighting against a Dark Elf army? I'd go with the latter, as that's how the other rules operate.