PDA

View Full Version : Ranged flaming attack list?

CaliforniaGamer
28-03-2009, 01:43
In a tournament evironment where people are geared up to kill of regen, Im curious what are the ranged flaming attacks avail to all the armies.

Off the top of my head:

Daemons
Flamers

Dwarves
Flame cannon
Gyrocopter

Magic
Lore of Metal
Lore of Fire
Tzeentch Flame Spells

Bretonnians
Flaming archers

TK
SCC

DE
Hydra breath weapon

LM
Salamander

WE
None

HE
None

VC
None

Empire
None

WoC
None

BoC
None

OK
None

DoW
None

Skaven
Warpfire thrower

Im sure Im missing some magic ranged attacks that are flaming, not sure about fires of Tzeentch line? I dont think they are.

Any help?

edit: added some more, thanks!

Dark Apostle197
28-03-2009, 01:51
I don't see the lore of fire on there ;)

fishound7
28-03-2009, 02:42
Dwarves can put fire on most cannon's stonethrower's and bolt throwers through runes.

Necromancy Black
28-03-2009, 04:56
Most of the Tzeentch spells in the DoC lsit got flaming added to them in the FAQ.

I don't think the gyrocopter is flaming. It shoots steam and uses the same template but doesn't have the flaming rule.

Dai-Mongar
28-03-2009, 06:20
As mentioned, the Dwarfs can put the Rune of Burning on bolt throwers, grudge throwers and cannons (but not organ guns). There's also the slight possibility that a character might have a runic weapon with the Master Rune of Flight and the Rune of Fire (12" flaming thrown weapon).
High Elf dragons have flaming breath, the spell Flames of the Phoenix causes flaming hits on each model in the target unit and Tyrion's sword can make a flaming breath attack. Also dragon mages have particularly powerful Lore of Fire skills.

Kloud13
28-03-2009, 06:53
For the High Elves

HE Dragons Breathe Fire.

2 of the High Magic Spells are Flamming. (Fury of Khaine, And Flames of the Pheonix)

1 bound Item (Ring of Fury) Casts Fury of Khaine. 2D6 Stregth 4 Flamming hits 24" Range

Tyrions Sword, once in Battle can Breathe Fire (more or less), and Counts as Flamming in Close Combat.

And for What it's worth, The Pheonix Guard Special Character has a Flaming weapon.

And I somehow completly missed the post above me in regards to the HE's.

Dai-Mongar
28-03-2009, 07:39
Actually, Fury of Khaine isn't flaming.

GuyLeCheval
28-03-2009, 08:03
Bretts have also a flaming breathing lance.

Kloud13
28-03-2009, 08:16
Actually, Fury of Khaine isn't flaming.

Look it up Brother.

I just ran to my car to get my armycase/armybook to be sure, and they changed that. I owe you an Apology.

It was Flaming in the Old book, Wasn't it?

Dai-Mongar
28-03-2009, 09:28
No apology neccessary. :D
Only reason I know is coz I have it in the room with me. Don't know about the previous editions, but it sure does sound like it should be firey.

Spirit
28-03-2009, 10:17
Vampire counts:
Balefire Lance, 5 point magical flaming lance.
The same standard (i forget name), 5 points makes the unit have magic flaming attacks.

Whitesox
28-03-2009, 14:33
Vampire counts:
Balefire Lance, 5 point magical flaming lance.
The same standard (i forget name), 5 points makes the unit have magic flaming attacks.

Yep the banner of helfire is only 10pts and grants magical flaming attacks to the whole unit

I find the best unit out there to kill Plaguebearer and Herald blocks are Graveguard with Hellfire Banner led by Wight King with Banner of Drakenhoff

Deetwo
28-03-2009, 15:46
Daemons Tzeentch characters (LoC and Heralds) can get flaming ranged attacks as well.
Screamer slashing attack isnt technically ranged, but it is flaming.
Though oddly enough, Banner of Hellfire isn't :D

Lore of Light has a flaming magic missile.

Makarion
28-03-2009, 20:40
Empire - Doomfire Ring (bound spell from Lore of Fire). Also, Imperial Dragon and Asarnil.