PDA

View Full Version : Am I gonna get dinged for 40k bases?

sugarwookie
28-03-2009, 05:45
I'm in the final stages of a Daemon army I wanted to use for both games. I've most of the army mounted on square movement bases, but the horrors are on round bases. I've purchased movement trays that are cut for circular bases, thinking I'd be okay in a tourney with this.
A friend walked by today and mentioned that he thought someone would check me on this, especially if I do decent in my games and get to a higher round. Any input on this guys? I'm a little perplexed as to what I should do.

Thanks,

wOOkie

Dai-Mongar
28-03-2009, 07:08
Are those the new LotR bases I've seen around?
Anyway, lots of Daemon armies I've seen have round bases set into square ones so that they can be removed. As long as the frontage and sideage (is that a word?) remain the same, I don't see the problem, but then again I don't have much experience with tournaments.
If you're concerned about it, rebasing them onto square bases shouldn't be too hard.

CrownAxe
28-03-2009, 07:49
in 40k, you can play with the square bases because "they are the bases the models come with"

But really the only thing you have to do is verify that it's OK with your opponent or TO before you start the game

sugarwookie
29-03-2009, 15:32
Thanks for the responses. They're actually GaleForce Nine's Movement trays, wood with circular cut outs. I just hope I don't get to Adepticon and have someone I play get anal about them. I think they're pretty dead on with the size of the daemon bases

slingersam
29-03-2009, 22:32
What you can do is take a couple square bases add nice amount of
sticky tac to it (staples, office max), then just place the horrors on
top of it, and you have your square bases, and the best thing about
it: is that if you still want your circle bases you can.