PDA

View Full Version : dumb plasma gun question

Bathawk
28-03-2009, 10:36
hey bought some plasma guns for my tactical squads (wanted plasma cannons but apparently can only get those with a devastator set)

aren't these things supposed to come with hands? theres's one on the grip, but not a "lefty"

Azhrarn
28-03-2009, 10:39
hey bought some plasma guns for my tactical squads (wanted plasma cannons but apparently can only get those with a devastator set)

aren't these things supposed to come with hands? theres's one on the grip, but not a "lefty"

The "lefty" arm is the same as the one holding the bolter, so you don't really need a seperate one.

ehlijen
28-03-2009, 10:51
Not molding the left hand onto the gun has proven to allow for far greater variety in posing, so they leave it off as much as they can in newer sculpts.

chromedog
28-03-2009, 11:02
The current plasma guns are hands-free.
The old ones were metal, with the right and left hands pre-moulded onto the guns (and you had to remove the plastic ones on the arms to make them fit).

Oh, and you DO get TWO plasma cannons in the dev set (all up, 8 heavy weapons. 2 each of heavy bolter, plasma and lascannons. One each of Multimelta and missile launcher).

Bathawk
28-03-2009, 11:34
Not molding the left hand onto the gun has proven to allow for far greater variety in posing, so they leave it off as much as they can in newer sculpts.

umm so what do I do with that exposed plug? just move the gun so it's covering it I guess?

ehlijen
28-03-2009, 12:01
There shouldn't be an exposed plug. The arm should have a hand attached that the plasma gun can fit into. Otherwise, use a right arm that points the gun somewhere else and put a hand holding something else onto the left arm.

Bathawk
28-03-2009, 12:14
There shouldn't be an exposed plug. The arm should have a hand attached that the plasma gun can fit into. Otherwise, use a right arm that points the gun somewhere else and put a hand holding something else onto the left arm.

I'm just using normal tactical marines that I got with the AoBR set
each marine has a a right arm that ends at the wrist (that will have the hand that hold the handle of the weapon, and a left arm that likewise ends at the wrist, with a hole that most weapons "plug" into..with a hand for holding onto the barrel of the gun

Noserenda
28-03-2009, 12:19
In which case its probably easier to pick up a tactical squad box, if nothing else itll give you spare hands...

Fay_Redd
28-03-2009, 12:22
OH! your converting it onto black reach?

*looks at his own black reach space marines*

get a plasma gun and 2 holding arms as is needed for a normal space marine. cut the right hand off just above the wrist joint and the left just behind, put them onto the black reach model then place plasma gun when dry, should work.

Bathawk
28-03-2009, 12:26
In which case its probably easier to pick up a tactical squad box, if nothing else itll give you spare hands...

so the actual tac marine box has different hands?

what about the basic 3-pack?

Azhrarn
28-03-2009, 14:03
so the actual tac marine box has different hands?

what about the basic 3-pack?

The normal tactical box has the hands attached to the arms, and the arms separate from the Torso.
the AoBR marines probably have hands that plug into the arms, with the hands already attached to the weapon they are holding.

The basic 3-pack marines are similar to the black reach ones I think.
Although I'm not entirely sure.

Emperor's Grace
28-03-2009, 16:48
I'm using a 5 man combat squad (1/2 a normal tac sprue) to finish out my dev weapons.

Bathawk
28-03-2009, 21:58
sorry to pump the thread, but was really wanting to know an answer to the which sets have hands, I mean I already have 50 tac marines, would hate to buy another set just to mount my plasma guns

ehlijen
29-03-2009, 00:15
Any space marine box comes with enough hands to equip all the ones inside with bolters. So unless you used all those up (ie made no seargeants or heavy weapon troopers) you should already have some spare hands. If you don't I'm not sure where you got the plasma gun from to begin with.

Another farfetched solution (though it may end up being even more expensive) is to try and find Space crusade plasma guns (it was known as Star Quest in some countries). Those are meant to go onto marines similar to the AoBR ones and should cover the plug. They look old by now though and are hard to find (and if you find them probably not cheap either).

Noserenda
29-03-2009, 01:25
If you want models with hands (And entire posable arms) you need to buy the normal tactical squad box really (Or sculpt :skull: ) theres a reason the black reach marines are cheaper, they are less good...

(Well unless you are buying FW torsos and have a giant pile of arms etc...)

Bathawk
29-03-2009, 01:49
Any space marine box comes with enough hands to equip all the ones inside with bolters. So unless you used all those up (ie made no seargeants or heavy weapon troopers) you should already have some spare hands. If you don't I'm not sure where you got the plasma gun from to begin with.

Another farfetched solution (though it may end up being even more expensive) is to try and find Space crusade plasma guns (it was known as Star Quest in some countries). Those are meant to go onto marines similar to the AoBR ones and should cover the plug. They look old by now though and are hard to find (and if you find them probably not cheap either).

the plasma guns came with a 6 piece bitz blister

but that brings an excellent point, if the tac-squad box comes with extra hands, hopefully there are some "extras" that the guys at the hobby shop aren't using