PDA

View Full Version : New Apocalypse model. Which one?

Tarax
28-03-2009, 10:56
With the release of the Shadowsword and the Stompa, we can now look forward to the release of... :confused:

Which model that can only be used in Apocalypse battles, would you like to see released next? And by released I mean in plastic, like the Baneblade etc.
As there is a new Thunderhawk released from Forge World, that one doesn't count.

My preference goes to the Scorpion for Eldar. As I've seen some pictures of them, I really like it and it would be cool to have one. (Even though I don't play, nor will, Apocalypse.)

Now, what do you want?

(BTW I couldn't find a thread similar to this, so sorry if this has been done before. :angel: )

Laser guided fanatic
28-03-2009, 10:58
I want an apoc blackstone fortress

Sister_Sin
28-03-2009, 11:16
Scorpion Super Heavy Grav Tank for the Eldar..with bits to turn it into a Void Spinner, Cobra, or Storm Serpent. Might as well dream big. :)

That or plastic Titans.

Sister Sin

silentsmoke
28-03-2009, 11:48
Warlord titan...why not!!..lol

mr.kislev
28-03-2009, 12:01
well goin with the new names stormdedoubleawsomethingymeboblord
its a stormlord with 2 vulcan mega bolters

now on a more serious point a imperiator plactic or resin dont care i just want it.

dblaz3r
28-03-2009, 12:06
A knight or titan would definitely be ace. With the conversion rate for me a warhound is just far to expensive at this stage of my life :cries:.

Tonberry
28-03-2009, 12:09
As there is a new Thunderhawk released from Forge World, that one doesn't count.

?

As to what I want, defo plastic Warhounds.

Vaktathi
28-03-2009, 12:13
In all honesty, the Chaos Warhound.

I think an Eldar Scorpion would also be very cool, as would a Tyranid bio-titan or a gigantic Greater Daemon.

Noserenda
28-03-2009, 12:20
Thunderhawk, damn if i could afford it id pick 2 straight up (And this is from someone who cant be bothered with baneblades)

Dr. Hellbeast
28-03-2009, 12:44
Leviathan. :)

Capitol Imperialis. :D

Aegius
28-03-2009, 12:45
I've gotta agree with people wanting the thunderhawk. I've got a forgeworld thunderhawk transporter, but I can't be bothered painting it, if GW released a plastic thunderhawk, then I'd get all excited in the build up to it coming out and I'd paint my transporter.

This aside, I'd like to see an Eldar superheavy that can be either a scorpion, cobra, voidspinner or storm serpent.

I'm not too bothered by titans at the moment, I'd just like to get these things for my army next. In total, I'd probably pick up 2 thunderhawks and 11 of the eldar superheavies if they made it a pack that could make the above mentioned models.

Razarael
28-03-2009, 13:46
I figure, if the IG Shadowsword set can make one of a number of super heavies, I don't why they couldn't do the same with the Eldar Scorpion/Cobra/etc, and I would be all over that in a heart beat.

Also, a Revenant Titan would be nice bonus.

Thud
28-03-2009, 13:56
Warhound Titan. I'd buy four.

Vampiric16
28-03-2009, 13:59
Tyranid Heirodule with options for barbed or scythed.

Grazzy
28-03-2009, 13:59
Has to be

Eldar - A tank witch choices as to what it is.
Chaos - Huge daemon princes
Imperial - Titan
Nids - Bio titan

Out of those I would like to see the tyranids get something the most, as imperials and chaos have lots already (imperial stuff can be used for chaos).

Templar Ben
28-03-2009, 14:04
I figure, if the IG Shadowsword set can make one of a number of super heavies, I don't why they couldn't do the same with the Eldar Scorpion/Cobra/etc, and I would be all over that in a heart beat.

I am sure it is because the number of treadheads that buy multiple SH tanks far outnumbers the Eldar players that would actually purchase an Eldar kit. They have to get the quick bucks first.

Poseidal
28-03-2009, 14:10
Eldar Scorpion with Cobra, Void Seprnt or Storm Serpent turret kits!

It's the next logical choice after the Ork Gargant. Then probably something for the Tyranids.

Razarael
28-03-2009, 14:12
I am sure it is because the number of treadheads that buy multiple SH tanks far outnumbers the Eldar players that would actually purchase an Eldar kit. They have to get the quick bucks first.

Oh yeah, certainly. I don't doubt that one bit. I don't expect an Eldar super heavy kit to be out anywhere in the near future, but if there is one, GW would be insane not to do it alla the IG super heavies. The only difference really would need be the turret. A man, can dream, right?

boogle
28-03-2009, 16:42
Stormhammer

LonelyPath
28-03-2009, 18:19
For me it would have to be a Heirodule, a Warhound Titan or a Knight of some kind. Then againm the return of the Imprial Robots would be nice to. Scale 'em up so they're nice and big with enought components to allow for various armaments. Oh, and what kind of person would I be if I also ddn't want a plastic Thunderhawk? heh.

Marshal Sinclair
28-03-2009, 19:24
Knight / Paladins.

Kyrios
28-03-2009, 19:27
I don't think titans will be plastic very soon, neither am I sad about it. FW does a nice job, wrapping aside, and obviously people are prepared to cough up the bucks for a few to be around which is fine by me. I don't need apoc tables cramped with titans to be cool.
I hope the next stage (after trygon etc.) will be to release plastic fightas, thunderbolts, barracudas etc. to add an extra dimension to the game.

Mozzamanx
28-03-2009, 19:35
A bio-titan kit would be ace, with the parts for Hierodules, Malefactors, Exocrines etc.

Creeping Dementia
28-03-2009, 19:47
I'd just hope for something that isn't Imperial, I'd be nice to let the other races do some damage in Apoc without having to spend the equivalent of the GDP of a small country for Forge World stuff.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
28-03-2009, 21:01
I'd like something very Orky. In fact, a multipurpose Ork sprue with all sorts of junk would fit the bill quite nicely. It should have lots of different guns and gubbinz.

MajorWesJanson
28-03-2009, 21:06
Imperium: Warhound, Thunderbolt
Eldar: Scorpion (with a cobra kit later)
SM: Thunderhawk
Tau: Barracuda
Tyranids: Hieroudule/Hierophant/Harradan combined kit. I can see it not being too hard to make torsos that are universal, then just legs, heads and tails need swapped.
Orks: Stompa upgrades, like slasha and big mek stompas
Necrons: Pylon
Dark Eldar: Vampire bomber thing
Daemons: Daemon Engine kit

psyduck86
28-03-2009, 21:24
For me, I'd rather see more Imperial stuff like Thunderhawks or Knight Titans.

Alternatively, a Stormblade/Stormhammer? I can see plenty of demand for that.

Or.... a Capitol Imperialis? lol

sydbridges
29-03-2009, 05:39
Necrons: Pylon

I desperately want the necrons to get a superheavy besides the Pylon. It's basically terrain that you get to place with some special rules allowing it to attack. I'd much rather get something that didn't seem to be designed to further the idea that Necrons need to be as dull as possible. Maybe a giant tomb spyder that acts like a titan or biotitan? Or how about some sort of "Harvester Tank" that basically is a vehicle with a bunch of close combat attacks that, against infantry, basically instead of allowing saves, rolls only to hit and to wound in close combat, and if it wounds, pulls enemies into itself. If its destroyed before it reaches a critical number of 'harvested' enemies, they're released although they basically act like troops bailing out of a destroyed transport, and if it collects a critical number of enemies, it can choose to destroy them all in a batch to fire some sort of horrible soul-powered ray gun.

Or something. Just not a boring building with lasers.

Edonil
29-03-2009, 05:46
Thunderbolt.

Hellebore
29-03-2009, 06:15
The Eldar Revenant titan. Modelwise it would be FAR easier to cast than the Scorpion. It has far fewer parts, weighs far less and would fit together very easily.

They've already got the basis of it in their cad already - start with the Wraithlord and enlarge.

Each of the limbs can be cast in two pieces with plugs to join them. That would make the model hollow and even lighter than the resin one already is.

Hellebore

Filthy O'Bedlam
29-03-2009, 08:13
Scorpion Super Heavy Grav Tank for the Eldar..with bits to turn it into a Void Spinner, Cobra, or Storm Serpent. Might as well dream big. :)

This is instantly what I thought of as Well

A bio-titan kit would be ace, with the parts for Hierodules, Malefactors, Exocrines etc.

And This was Second

I hope the next stage (after trygon etc.) will be to release plastic fightas, thunderbolts, barracudas etc. to add an extra dimension to the game.

and Third.

I'm so unoriginal :)

Giant Fossil Penguin
29-03-2009, 09:12
I can hear the hissing of meltas as I type this, but what the hey...I'm only reporting here what was said to me. Now, following caveats apply:
It was a redshirt that told me this
It sounds rather unbelievable
It just can't be true
So here goes;
During a conversation I had a while ago, I got talking about new model releases etc. My mate (the redshirt) became quite animated and spake thusly (from my understanding of his flapping arms and waggling eyebrows, it seemed he was talking above general Oz management), " the Bigbosses have told us to push the new Stompa and Stormlord kits. If these sell well they've said they'll release a plastic Titan!" (paraphrased somewhat, I'll admit:})
I know, I know, but I'm bearing in mind that just before the release of the Baneblade, I was having a similar converstion with another redshirt blokey and he was saying that if the Baneblade sold well-enough then we would get a lot more big kits.
It would be a huge kit, expensive and well, God-Emperor knows the cons of such a release have been raked over to cool ourselves down and stop us from getting too excited over something we may never see. But bear in mind, 3 years ago we would never have believed in a plastic super-heavy of any sort, so I don't think it's outside the realms of all probability. So take that, leave that or flame it as you like. I personally am going away from this thread to avoid any hate or ridicule!
But before I go, I would like to say that, for my vote, I would love to see a plastic Thunderhawk. Thunder, thunder, thunder...hawk!!!

GFP

Tarquinn
29-03-2009, 10:39
According to the rumours we get a Thunderhawk and a Scorpion kit.

Tarax
29-03-2009, 11:00
According to the rumours we get a Thunderhawk and a Scorpion kit.

In the April WD (UK 352) there is the new Thunderhawk Gunship from Forge World displayed. So I think they won't do one in plastic any time soon. That's why I excluded it.

I haven't seen or heard a rumour of the Scorpion, but I hope it's true.

Nonalyth
29-03-2009, 11:21
Stormhammer

I agree entirely. Why?

This is why
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/Ultramarino/Stormhammer/ResizeofDSCN1075.jpg

penguin663
29-03-2009, 11:29
In the April WD (UK 352) there is the new Thunderhawk Gunship from Forge World displayed. So I think they won't do one in plastic any time soon. That's why I excluded it.

There is no difference between the Thunderhawk in WD and the one on the FW website, I think that they are just showing one of their kits.

devlin
29-03-2009, 11:35
yep that thunderhawk isnt new,maybe there trying to push the resin ones before a plastic kit is released,lol

seriously i would like to see flyers for all races

spud75
29-03-2009, 12:43
There is no difference between the Thunderhawk in WD and the one on the FW website, I think that they are just showing one of their kits.

Look really closely, they are not exactly the same. Would be just like GW to put it right under our noses, Trygon style:)

Spyral
29-03-2009, 13:45
Tau barracuda... or perhaps even a manta :D

Mouldsta
29-03-2009, 14:28
I'd like a stormblade upgrade sprue (always was my favourite imperial super heavy).

I'd like a Vampire Hunter, even though I don't pay eldar that would still be cool....

Deetwo
29-03-2009, 16:55
Something completely new for necrons. They need it.
And I don't even play Necrons :) I'm just saddened to see how dull and monotonous the army is, while having enormous potential to be very characterful and cool.

SirSnipes
29-03-2009, 17:34
well seeing as theres a confirmed trygon coming i dont see

BigJon
29-03-2009, 17:43
Titans..Titans..and more Titans. Imperial, Chaos, Ork, Eldar just keep them comming.
I would love full scale titan battles on a 40K level with no tanks, troops or flyers.

BigJon

galahad67
29-03-2009, 18:08
My first choice would be an eldar supr heavy that could be used by the Dark Eldar as well.

Scorpion, may be - I do like the idea of multiple weapon loadoouts - that seems to be a great way to go for GW.

My second choice would be some sort of super heavy for the tyranids. Perhaps with the potential of taking two sets and making a REALLY big bio-titan.

Third would be more flyers. any of them. T-hawk, thunderbolts, talons, fightas, nightwings... any of them would sell

4th choice wuld be scout level titans. revenants, warhounds, something for the necrons...

gotta think the eldar are going to get "something" in the next year - but perhaps GW will stick with imperials...

gamer2456
30-03-2009, 02:06
Warlord titan. regardless of how expensive it will be, FUND IT

SimonL
30-03-2009, 02:33
Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a game system designed specifically for Titans and super heavies that didn't need to be played on a gymnasium floor, say perhaps with smaller models that didn't cost hundreds of dollars?... :D

Seriously, I'd like to see some Knight-size kits, like the Eldar Bright Stallion, or the Slaaneshi Hellknights and scout Titans.

Kulgur
30-03-2009, 02:35
I'd like to see a plastic Tiger Shark personally giving two variants and some anti-titan to the Tau

SimonL
30-03-2009, 03:54
I have rethought my original position...we need Imperial Robots! The concept artwok is really cool, I'd love to see the return of Legio Cybernetica

SPYDER68
30-03-2009, 04:33
In all honesty, the Chaos Warhound.

I think an Eldar Scorpion would also be very cool, as would a Tyranid bio-titan or a gigantic Greater Daemon.

It would be more cost effective for GW to release a Normal Warhound.

Then chaos players could convert it on over to chaos..

its harder to remove spikey bits / chaos parts then it is to add them

htj
30-03-2009, 10:04
Thunderbolt.

Seconded.

Although it'd make my scratchbuild look bad.

Killgore
30-03-2009, 11:17
I have rethought my original position...we need Imperial Robots! The concept artwok is really cool, I'd love to see the return of Legio Cybernetica

I would have marked them for a release with any future Admech codex, they dont strike me as being super heavy sized, infact nor does an Imperial Knight (2 structure points at the very most!)

I would very much like to see the release of a Eldar Revenant titan, it shouldnt be that tricky to do in plastic

and eventualy id like to see a Warhound :D

a squig
30-03-2009, 11:25
the mini tyranid titans hierodules and tyrgons are relativly simple, but big models and would be so easy to make in plastic. the next apoc realise could be eldar vs nids so cobras and tyrgons would be kool.

Darkhorse
30-03-2009, 12:12
Good suggestions...
Scorpion, Stormblade (drools), Leviathan :D, Thunderhawk...
'Nids and 'Crons are on the wane ATM so I can't see anything for them before a new codex.
Tau, I have a feeling the Orca will appear at some point...
Thinking out of the box a little, KERNIGGITS! Gorgon, and Daemon Engines spring to mind...
Orks, given the number of scratchbuilt Fighta-bommas appearing I'd think GW would want to grab the trade before it vanishes completely...

Marky
30-03-2009, 12:49
theres a new thunderhawk?
not on the website that i can find:confused:

Mannimarco
30-03-2009, 14:14
i'll second the leviathan

"ok for my strategic asset im taking the supreme headquarters one" drops a levaithan on the table "oh and im hiding my army behind it"

Satan
30-03-2009, 14:16
I want something for daemons! Daemonic engines or flyers would be awesome...

mchmr6677
30-03-2009, 16:38
'Nids and 'Crons are on the wane ATM so I can't see anything for them before a new codex.

As Nids are one of the best selling armies, I doubt that GW is going to just sit on their hands until a new codex comes out. Afterall, we are talking Apoc only models so they can change the rules with a simple datasheet on the website.

druchii lord narakh
30-03-2009, 16:51
i got backed info on the thunder hawk and maybe the eeldar super grav tanks. the thunder hawk right now is being fitted to sit in a reasoned box but its a bit huge. if they dont get the sprews down then its gone. the grav tank is currently in like a computer layout desiegn and nothing in plastic or green yet( aka they only made a model on the pc). hopfully the thunder hawk comes out soon. i want one

Big note!
Got word that GW is stayin away from the revanent and warhound titan cause of sprue to box ratio. as of now in theory both titans would need two boxes for the sprues unless they give you only two weapon options.

Traske
30-03-2009, 16:58
I think they should bring out something totally new and unique that people havnt seen before, something that people would gasp and gape at for a long time. Still it would be great if they made a warhound titan kit for space marines and chaos :cool:

druchii lord narakh
30-03-2009, 17:00

I haven't seen or heard a rumour of the Scorpion, but I hope it's true.

i asked about that and its just a converted thunder hawk. nothin new about it.
i have also seen a glimpse of a plastic sprue that had a cockpit shaped thing like that of the thunder hawk. maybe??......

Fafner_Ni
30-03-2009, 18:28
Knight/Paladins.

Bodysnatcher
30-03-2009, 22:20
I'd like to see a general aircraft release:

Imperial forces get the Thunderbolt and Marauder.
Tau get the Barracuda and the Tigershark.
Eldar get the Nightwing and the Vampire.
Orks get Fighta-bommas and 'Eavy bommaz.
etc.

Clarify the rules for flyers in apocalypse and set off an arms race amongst the kiddies.