PDA

View Full Version : The Baneblade and the Fortress...

Captain Micha
28-03-2009, 13:39
:) When I get my first Baneblade, I think I'm going to convert it to being a modified Fortress Of Arrogance.

Did anyone else convert their first baneblade out of the gate? Or do people usually assemble them normally first? How many baneblades do you own?

How many do you want to own?

I want to own 6. Three with the Uber Plas Cannon, one Fortress, and two others that have yet to be determined type wise.

Steel Legion for Life
28-03-2009, 14:04
I was waiting for the shadowsword plastic tbh, to do my Super heavy company.

Probably going to have three: -

A Quake cannon one - converted to have a magazine of shells on top, and a huge ejection port spitting out HUGE brass shells; possibly with someone crushed under the cases on the base.

A standard Defence laser one - a modelling project I've wanted to do for ages for my Steel Legion is a "Monument Tank", covered in statues and plaques memorialising the 2nd war, which has been driven off to fight the orks again.

The third one would be the company command tank, a properly battle-scarred veteran city fight Stormsword, covered in dust and grime, with 4 sponsons, each sponson with an Inferno cannon on it! Maybe a load of orks on the base being shot/burned to ash in a diorama scene.

Captain Micha
28-03-2009, 14:06
wow those sound awesome!

Tinners
28-03-2009, 14:08
I own two, I done some minor conversions due to a mess up with stowage. I also scratch built a Stormhammer and wouldn't mind 3 shadowsword/stormswords.

Steel Legion for Life
28-03-2009, 14:13
The ejection port Quake cannon idea is one I've had since I saw an episode of Samurai Jack entitled "Robo-Samurai vs. Mondo-Bot"... in it the Mondo bot ejects cases from it's gatling guns so big they crush cars:) I was thinking about using .50 calibre bullets for the shells, but then remembered Forge world do resin shells in the right size, that I wouldn't have to worry about my Quake cannon model "cooking off" during a game and killing people!

The Monument tank is inspired by the local WW one Mk V tank that sits in a shopping mall in Ashford. Also, the laser shadowswords in my epic army have been the fear of everyone I've ever played against; they are totally amazing, and have won me tons of games in new Epic. I feel a debt, you know?:)

And the cityfight tank, well, I've been wanting a tank modelled to be shooting in every direction, just like the old epic art, since I was about twelve and the storm-hammer came out for epic. One game with three of those old 42 heavy bolter/12 battlecannon shot tank companies holding a hill vs. a zillion zillion orks in old epic is one of my fondest gaming memories.

Also, I can only really justify the cost of tanks I'll maybe use once a year if they are proper exciting modelling projects i can leave on a shelf, and have civilians go "Oooh! Those are cool". I find the hobby is justifiable to girlfriends if the models look really, really, really cool. Cool enough you can pass it off as "art":)

The reason I waited for the shadowsword is silly as well; back in the Battle for Armageddon boxed game, the 1st Armageddon armoured, the best tank unit the IG had, used Shadowswords. I suppose I've just always associated the Superheavy Gun tanks as being the elites - I mean, taking out titans/gargants in one shot is more impressive than wasting hordes of goons like a baneblade.

Dr. Hellbeast
28-03-2009, 15:25
I'm thinking of modelling a Paris Hilton look-a-like as a commander for my Baneblade. I'm gonna call it The Fortress of Ignorance.

boogle
28-03-2009, 15:38
I did a very simple Chaos conversion as i was doing renegades and the time

FeetOfClay
28-03-2009, 15:44
I dont have any yet, but I plan to convert the first one I get, Into a Maelstrom (or something, It's my own variant, and I've got the name written down somewhere...). It seems similar to Steel Legion for Life's, with two backward facing sponsons, Except replacing every gun with a flamethrower!:evilgrin:

LonelyPath
28-03-2009, 17:13
I'm slowly converting my multi-tank Shadowsword kit into a Inquisitorial armoured tank monument. It'll have all kinds of things added, just collecting all the components together before I do start the actual work. I'm making the additional pieces modular so they can be added or removed (or even repositioned) depending on the tank I'm fielding for that given battle. It'll take some work, but it'll be worth it I think. Needless to say, alot of cannibalised bits from the CoD boxes will be going into it, among other things.

But, this is my first super heavy and I do want it converted.

Seargent K
28-03-2009, 17:18
I would like to have a Baneblade and 2 Stormlords(I love them!),but now I just wait the new codex to finish my army.

Steel Legion for Life
28-03-2009, 18:09
@ Feet of Clay - You know the Inferno Gun from the Warhound will fit in the mount, right?

eek107
28-03-2009, 18:17
I have just one Baneblade/Hellhammer (I hope that's the right name... there's so many new ones I get them mixed up), fully magnetised. I'm hoping to eventually get just one of the new kits and give it the same treatment, assuming that's possible and practical. If not, it'll be a Shadowsword and whatever else is practical to swap to with magnets.

Imperius
28-03-2009, 18:19
I've never seen a Fortress of Arrogance... But I have a Commissar Yarrick, so I stuck him into my Baneblade and was done with it.

Khornies & milk
28-03-2009, 20:33
I'm slowly converting my multi-tank Shadowsword kit into a Inquisitorial armoured tank monument. It'll have all kinds of things added, just collecting all the components together before I do start the actual work. I'm making the additional pieces modular so they can be added or removed (or even repositioned) depending on the tank I'm fielding for that given battle. It'll take some work, but it'll be worth it I think. Needless to say, alot of cannibalised bits from the CoD boxes will be going into it, among other things.

But, this is my first super heavy and I do want it converted.

Love the idea of that one.

I have 3 and all are Inquisition-based, so 1 of each Ordo.

Conversion-wise my Plasticard skills are non-existant, so I just buy bits that fit my theme.

3 is enough for me.

Evilgenius
29-03-2009, 09:27
I'm thinking of modelling a Paris Hilton look-a-like as a commander for my Baneblade. I'm gonna call it The Fortress of Ignorance.

Heh, I'm converting Baneblade into a Nurgle Plaguereaper.

I'll name it the 'Fortress of Flatulence'. :D

Marshal Sinclair
29-03-2009, 09:59
I've been building one up for WOTR. It will be the Fortress of Aragorn, and no halfling will escape my wrath!