PDA

View Full Version : Tale of X Gamers in Toronto, Canada

King Thor
28-03-2009, 18:32
Hi All,

I am putting together a Tale of X gamers for both Warhammer and Warhammer 40K. So far we have 7 players in total. I will send further details to interested parties, but we are looking at starting painting in May, so you have until the end of April to get your force.

We have players from all over the GTA (Georgetown, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Brampton), so pretty well any location in Southern Ontario should be okay.

200 Points a month painted. Looking for the following characteristics:
1) Mature
2) Consistent
3) I always hate listing this one, but unfortunately, hygenic.

If you are interested in joining this group, please PM me by April 16th and I can give you more details. The earlier the better to guarantee a spot.

Thanks!

KT

Ultimo ninja
28-03-2009, 20:20
Im in

I live in Hamilton. Im starting my army, I have about 430 points done so far this year, and i paint slow, so 200 points a month sounds good.

I play WOC

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
30-03-2009, 01:11
Aye, Hamilton as well. Just getting back into the hobby with converted Chaos Dwarfs.

Email sent.

Squeakula
30-03-2009, 03:08
I sent you a PM, I'd like in on this and I live in Oakville.

I just started a WoC army and am thinking about starting a Skaven army soon.

King Thor
01-04-2009, 02:36
I've sent a PM to all the people who replied so far. Fantasy players it looks like we have 6, I would love to get another 2 (or more). Anyway, this is looking great!

KT

Cry of the Wind
02-04-2009, 01:47
Aye, Hamilton as well. Just getting back into the hobby with converted Chaos Dwarfs.

Email sent.

You had to say Chaos Dwarfs...grrr I know there is no reason I can't do them too but still, what are the odds of two people in the thinking of doing Chaos Dwarfs? I was planning a small army to try out some more interesting conversions and basically flex my model skills.

Are you planning on using the Chaos Dwarf rules or something else? I was thinking on using Dwarfs with DoW rules just to avoid the old Ravening Hordes list.

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
02-04-2009, 02:08
You had to say Chaos Dwarfs...grrr I know there is no reason I can't do them too but still, what are the odds of two people in the thinking of doing Chaos Dwarfs? I was planning a small army to try out some more interesting conversions and basically flex my model skills.

Are you planning on using the Chaos Dwarf rules or something else? I was thinking on using Dwarfs with DoW rules just to avoid the old Ravening Hordes list.

Damn, that is eerie.

I'm building the army to be compatible with both the current Dwarf book and the old Chaos Dwarf .pdf so either or is fine with me.

Now if someone else joins wanting to play Dwarfs, well...

natsirtm
02-04-2009, 21:01
I'd be down for this I suppose. Doing it at a local hobby shop too (in North York).
Any more details?

IcedCrow
02-04-2009, 21:05
rofl. Hygenic ;) Sad but true I agree. Can't count the number of times I've been at a large event and so many players just need to really understand and value what a bar of soap and deoderant can do for them.

King Thor
08-04-2009, 01:42
Hi All,

This is what we have so far. If you are interested, please let me know before April 16th!

S/Toronto/Bretonnians
J/Toronto/Tomb Kings
M/North York/Empire
C/Thornhill/Chaos Dwarfs
H/Richmond Hill/Daemons
M/Hamilton/Chaos Dwarfs
D/Brampton/Bretonnians???

Thanks!

KT

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
08-04-2009, 01:56
Settled on using the old Chaos Dwarf rules for this thing Cry of the Wind, better for variety's sake. Plus, hobgoblins.

Ultimo ninja
08-04-2009, 03:34
Dont forget me.

So far this year ve painted:

12 warriors
5 knights
5 hounds
almost done 5 more knights (waiting for a bits order to finish them)

BLARGAG!!!
08-04-2009, 03:45
Hey,

I don't even live in Canada, but I was wondering if I could join anyway and submit via teh intarwebz.

If so, then I will be going in with a Slayer themed Dwarf Army.

Thanks a bunch!
BLARGAG!!!

Cry of the Wind
08-04-2009, 11:42
Settled on using the old Chaos Dwarf rules for this thing Cry of the Wind, better for variety's sake. Plus, hobgoblins.

Sounds good. I've already written a couple of lists using Dwarfs and am happy with the result. The army isn't going to be super powerful but that really isn't the goal when you start Chaos Dwarfs...

I'm thinking Black Orcs will be 'counts as' Hammerers. Dogs of War heavy cav for Bullcentaurs and Hobgobbo archers will be Quarllers. Grudge Throwers as Death Rockets and Organ Gun as Earthshaker. Tossing in a non-Thorek anvil to be a sorcerer too.

Da_Viking
08-04-2009, 13:39
I am good to go on more Daemons. Need to make 1000 point list and buy/build.

King Thor
09-04-2009, 02:20
A couple of people have expressed interest but haven't PM'ed me. If you are seriously interested, please PM me so I can e-mail you the details...

Thx!

KT

thrawn
09-04-2009, 05:33
i'm interested in joining. my armies are largerly painted but not done yet. i have one deamon army and one WE army. i live in barrie. any room left?

BLARGAG!!!
09-04-2009, 13:50
PM is on its way King Thor!

Desalbert
09-04-2009, 20:16
Well, I'm not in Southern Ontario, (at least not for a few years),I live in North-western... a place called Thunder Bay... Haha.. anyway, I just wanted to show my support for this and wish every Canadian here, luck with their painting! :)

-Des

King Thor
13-04-2009, 02:32
Hi All,

Well we have a player from Boulder Colorado joining us now as well! Remember April the 16th is the closing date, so if I haven't received an e-mail from you by then unfortunately you will have to join next year.

If you want to join, shoot me a PM and I can send you my e-mail addy.

Thanks!

KT

King Thor
15-04-2009, 22:47
Hi All,

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to sign up. I plan on running this again in January of next year for anyone who misses this. I will send out a group e-mail to all those who PM'd me to get put on my distribution list. We have @8-12 players for both Fantasy and 40K now.

KT

Clarkarias
15-04-2009, 23:38
Whew...made it. Already registered but wanted to make sure I posted something here as well.

Was planning on painting faster then 200 points per month but at least this will get me motivated since getting into the Fantasy GT hasn't yet.

Cry of the Wind
18-04-2009, 14:53
Slight change for my entry. I really do want to do the Chaos Dwarfs but looking at the cost I can't do them and get my IG updates too. On the bright side I have a 2000+ pts High Elf army that is sitting assembled without paint. So now I will be using High Elves if thats no problem to you King Thor.

WhyNotCrashDifferently?
18-04-2009, 15:10
That's a shame, Chaos Dwarfs need all the love they can get.

Still, I suppose I could switch to Dwarf rules now. I have a sneaking suspicion they'd perform better at 1000 points. Gotta do some list-bashing.

Edit: Better than double-posting. I will indeed be switching to my Dwarf list.

King Thor
27-04-2009, 00:48
Hi All,

Okay, this is what we have so far. If you don't see yourself on the list below and wanted in, or something is off, then you need to contact me ASAP otherwise you will be dropped.

Confirmed Fantasy Gamers:

1) Steven Toronto Brettonians
2) Matt Hamilton Chaos Dwarfs
3) Hjalmar Richmond Hill Daemons
4) Matt North York Empire
5) Chris Thornhill High Elves
6) Jordan Boulder Slayer Dwarfs
7) Javed Toronto Tomb Kings

Thanks!

KT

P.S. If you weren't up there you need to send me this info ASAP!!!!

Name (e.g Steve Smith)
Genre (e.g. Fantasy/40K)
Location (e.g. Richmond Hill, Oakville)
Army (e.g. Eldar, Empire)
Preferred E-mail Address (e.g. John@ hotmail.com)