PDA

View Full Version : Buying Skavens now?

drdenner
28-03-2009, 21:44
I have the option to buy all Skaven models at a big discount, but i realy dont want to buy them if they get remodeled soon, any one know what models get redone with the new book? Since i want to buy now, and the discount runs out in a month :(

selone
28-03-2009, 23:19
It depends what models you're offered
You'll still be able to use most of your models with a new book anyways.

jason
28-03-2009, 23:20
I would say buy clanrats and start painting. Then you have your core done when the new stuff comes out. If clanrats get new plastics, then use the ones you painted as slaves. However, I would probably stay away from anything metal/special/rare right now. I can't see a downside to getting a little head start, it's going to be a lot of models to paint regardless of the army you put togehter. It's skaven for cripes sake!

mweaver
28-03-2009, 23:30
A good discount? Buy 'em. You'll almost certainly be able to use them one way or another, and you need lots of rats (you know you do).

Ward.
29-03-2009, 04:58
I have the option to buy all Skaven models at a big discount, but i realy dont want to buy them if they get remodeled soon, any one know what models get redone with the new book? Since i want to buy now, and the discount runs out in a month :(

You're going to need a lot of clanrats anyway (current rumours say we're getting hoardier).
So any models that do get redone can just be added to your ranks of clanrats.

Bum
29-03-2009, 05:13
Honestly, I can't see ANYTHING getting taken out of the book in its current form.

The only models I can see being taken out would be globadiers.. but not even those. Ogres/Plague Monks/Jezzails/Gutter Runners I'd be shocked if they got dropped. Warpcannon/Censors shouldn't go anywhere.

I'd feel safe buying anything, in fact I'm buying currently too.

Hvidponi
29-03-2009, 05:55
I don't think plague monks will be redone... But clanrats definatly will...

Makarion
29-03-2009, 07:31
The current clanrats don't line up well, unless you leave the tails off. That said, buy them if the discount is good - GW is not in the habit of lowering prices over time, and you'll need piles of the bloody buggers.

Bare minimum army requirements at 2k+:

60-100 clanrats
40-60 slaves
20 or so night/gutter runners
handful of globadiers
plague monks optional but nice, say 20

mweaver
29-03-2009, 16:28
I love the current clan rats, but I mainly use them for D&D and Mordheim, so the tail thing is not much of an issue, and they are very flexible in terms of poses. I expect we'll see new clan rats with integral tails in the new releases, but they should mix well with the older modles: place the older ones on the outside where their tales can spill over the base without bothering their neighbors and the new one with the tightly-tucked tales in the center.

drdenner
30-03-2009, 20:48
So clanrats it is.
The offer i got is for all current gw models :)

mweaver
31-03-2009, 03:13
Not bad.

You could run a really big Mordheim warband with them...

31-03-2009, 17:44
buy them all then if the new modles are cool you can send me the old ones :D

actually Im a sucker for deals the only reason I have a OnG is I got a last ed armybox and 2 batt boxs for under $150 plus my gobbos from BfSP (now I regret selling my orcs from the old starter box)

but good deals are good deals