PDA

View Full Version : Rogal Dorn

KingNova3000
14-12-2005, 05:25
Inspired by Ex-Guest's post I have also created some rules for a primarch. Rogal Dorn sounded cool to make so here he is...

WS: 8
BS: 8 (I know 5 is the best you can get)
S: 6
T: 5(6)
W: 6
I: 6
A: 5
LD: 10
Save: 2+/4+

A Imperial Fist army of at least 2000 points may take Rogal Dorn. If they do so he counts as HQ choice and a Elites choice.

Weapons and Equipment: Master Work Terminator Armour, Dominatius Storm Bolter, Hammer of Conquest and Network Signum.

Special Rules

Independent Character: Rogal Dorn follows all the rules of independent characters, he may have a terminator command squad.

Fearless: Rogal Dorn follows the fearless rules. So fearless is he, any squad he joins also becomes fearless.

Inspiring: Rogal Dorn is such a symbol of might that all loyal to the Imperium models on the table use his LD value, in addition they may re-roll any failed morale tests.

Master Work Terminator Armour: Rogal Dorn doesn't wear no normal suit of Terminator armour but instead a suit crafted by the finest of the finest. So perfect is his suit he gains the Feel No Pain USR that can always be taken, and also in addition he gains a 4+ invulneravble save.

Hammer of Conquest: This holy weapon he carries is twice the size of a normal thunder hammer, its head crafted into the shape of two golden fists. The weapon is able to strike down the largest foe in a single swing. The hammer of conquest can either be used as a power weapon that gives +1 attack OR a thunder hammer that gives +1 attack (declare at the start of combat). In addition at the start of combat you can declare to use the full strength of the weapon, when doing this you can only make a single attack, this attack hits on a 2+ regardless of WS values. If it hits all models within 2'' of Rogal's base suffer a Strength 10 power weapon hit (this attack can hit friendly models also, but does not effect Rogal himself).

Dominatius Storm Bolter: Looks much like a normal storm bolter except for its much ornate appearence. The Dominatius storm bolter can fire diffrent types of rounds with a click of its auto-loader. At the start of the shooting phase you can declare one of the below ammo types to shoot for that turn.

Burning Fangs: Strength 3 AP 3
Plasma Tips: Strength 4 AP3, Gets Hot
Inferno Tips: Strength 4 AP-, Small Blast
Sanctified Rounds: Strength 4*, AP -* (Will never wound a Daemon any worse then a 4+. Will always penetrate a Daemon's armour and or Invulnerable save)
Standard: Strength 5 AP5, Rending

No matter the type of rounds loaded this Storm Bolter has the below profile

Range: 24'', Assault 2

Network Signum: Rogal Dorn and his Imperial Fists are the best siege fighters the Imperium has to offer, being able to shoot well is a priority. Rogal Dorn carries a special Network Signum, this allows him to relay battlefield tactics to all of his marines, allowing for improved shooting sollutions. To represent this all Imperial Fist characters or units can re-roll a missed to hit with one weapon in each, once a turn.

Ex-guest
14-12-2005, 07:45
Not bad. I certainly like some of the stuff you got there. But remember the highest BS you can get is 5. I don't understand why people insist on uber characters having it higher than this. Unless you're playing 2nd edition.

TheSonOfAbbadon
14-12-2005, 14:41
*cries* *looks back at rules* *cries again* *composes self*

Why does he have Toughness 6[5]?!

*continues crying*

General Samuel of the 101
14-12-2005, 17:04
ok so here is my primarch

Lion Elī JohSon

WS8 BS6 Str5 W5 I6 A6 LD10 Sv 2+/3+

A Dark Angels army can only get his primarch only in games of 3,000

Equipment:The Helm of Lion,The Sword of the Angels,Hammer of the Angels Storm Bolter,Heresy Master Crafted Terminator Armor "The Lion"

Spec. Rules:
Indepent Character:as per Rulebook
The Lion and the Wolf:Lion El Johson and Leman Russ primarch of the Space wolves(will be posted soon) have a Friendly Rivalry and of such they two always been Friends to represent this,If lion present in a dark angels army,a Dark angel or Space Wolfs can take a troop choice of the other(like tactical squad of the dark angels and the grey hunters of the Space wolves)
The Helm of Lion :Dark angels rulebook,only that he carries it instead of a Watcher
The Sword of Angels:Power Sword who grant 3+ Bonus to Strengh,+2 attacks and counts as a Holy Relic
Mark Heresy Master Crafted Terminator Armor "The Lion":Has a +2 Save and a Invulnerable of 3+,can always Deep Strike
Hammer of Angels Storm Bolter:24" Str7 Ap4 Assault 3,All Daemons(including princes) are wound on a 2+

TheSonOfAbbadon
14-12-2005, 19:19
[**** take]
H3y l00k at this lolz!!!11

Teh Uber God Khorn

WS: Infinit
BS: 3 c0z h3 is Not sh00ti
S: Infinte times too
T: 11
W: 53
A: 229478294
LD:13
I:11000
SV:: 0++/0+

Wepoans: Khornate sword of ub3r d34th, khorn4te sh3ild of mega pwnag3, khornat armou of super long being al1veness.

Special rool: Khorn is a big sc4rey chaos god and hes the mos powerful so he cannot die and he instantly kills everythin on the field apart from things that are khornat becuaser they're allid wiff him.

1s iT n0t ub3rly coool?!11 LOOLLERSK4AT3S!11!!1!!!!!112!32453254

[/**** take]

KingNova3000
14-12-2005, 23:14
Not bad. I certainly like some of the stuff you got there. But remember the highest BS you can get is 5. I don't understand why people insist on uber characters having it higher than this. Unless you're playing 2nd edition.

True that BS 5 is the best you can get, but having a higher one looks better on paper. Cypher in the current rules is written with a BS 6.

*cries* *looks back at rules* *cries again* *composes self*

Why does he have Toughness 6[5]?!

*continues crying*

Jeee I didn't think the rules were that bad, something I composed in 5 minutes, no need to cry :D. I made his toughness like that so he can be killed by strength 10 weapons, at the end of the day he is still only a uber space marine, just a bit tougher.

TheSonOfAbbadon
15-12-2005, 16:27
But, with toughness 6 he can't be killed by toughness 10 weapons as the toughness value in the brackets is his modified toughness and the value outside the brackets is his base toughness!

*cries manically*

P.S: Cypher isn't in the current rules.

boogle
15-12-2005, 22:48
he was in a heroes and villians article where his rules were reprinted

KingNova3000
16-12-2005, 05:16
But, with toughness 6 he can't be killed by toughness 10 weapons as the toughness value in the brackets is his modified toughness and the value outside the brackets is his base toughness!

*cries manically*

P.S: Cypher isn't in the current rules.

A b

Ah my bad, (WILL EDIT ORIGINAL POST) but I think most people would have realised what I ment. As for cypher he was BS 6 in 3rd ed, and the basic to hit rules haven't changed at all in 4th ed. The high number is more of a fluff thing, so show he is an uber shot.

EmperorsChamp01
16-12-2005, 07:24
You know waht would be bad ass.....If you guys made Figs to go with these rules.

Lord Balor
16-12-2005, 12:02
There are already a few sets of rules floating around for all the Primarchs which have been tried and tested and includes an (un)official set by Games Workshop. These are relative to the game and not so fanboyish desires but alas i lost my set with the last computer wipe. As for Figures, there have been some older official releases (Leman Russ...*Shudders*) as well as conversions and even on Portent/Warseer a member Sculpted the Iron Hands Primarch from scratch.

As for me, i perfer the Primarchs to be the stuff of myth and legend and kept out of the game (Much like the Ctan) as it destroys the aura and expectations of 10,000 years of chinese whisper style mythos.