PDA

View Full Version : Brettonians for Begginer

cleansingfury
29-03-2009, 05:14
Hey everyone, I am back after about 3 months of online courses... I picked up brettonians before I left and was wondering if you all could help. I am in need of help to assemble an army for playing. I have:
Pegasus Knight
Mounted Knight (The special Paladin one)
8 Knights
20 Men At Arms
16 Peasent Bowmen
Mounted Damsel
On Foot Damsel

I dont care about total points cost, so long as it is a semi rounded number. I know I am asking for basically a list but I am working on one myself. I was thinking of giving the Pegasus Knight (who is going to be a Paladin) the Wyrm Lance and Virtue of Purity, he will be march blocking and destroying any special items my opponent brings with them (bolt throwers, and the like).

The BSB will carry a regular banner while the Knights of the Realm will carry the Banner of Chalons. The BSB will aslo have Virtue of Confidence and the Lance of Artois. He will be with the knights of the realm and charge any unit possible on the table.

The mounted damsel will be upgraded to a level 2 and hopefully get a 6 on the light and take a 1. She will be a mobile spel thrower and nuker. While one character alone is not much I hope in this small of a game it is worth something.

My foot Damsel will be with the men at arms just to add some range to them.

Besides that any ideas?

Dirty Fingers
29-03-2009, 05:54
you really, really need one or two more units of knights at the very least

Do you intend to buy more models or is this it?

Makarion
29-03-2009, 06:08
Looks remarkably like a batallion box with two damsels added. I'd add another box of knights at the very least. That way, you can aim for a 1,000 point force that has a good chance of contesting the field.

cleansingfury
29-03-2009, 06:25
Looks remarkably like a batallion box with two damsels added. I'd add another box of knights at the very least. That way, you can aim for a 1,000 point force that has a good chance of contesting the field.

I do plan on buying more, and yes you are mostly correct, just add a paladin box to that list.

Are my ideas for this level good? I am not buying anything more until after tommorrow so this is it.

sroblin
30-03-2009, 01:57
In general, the sentiment for 'more knights' I think is the right one.

Brettonian Knights units are usually fielded in small units of 6 for support or heavy 'buses' of 9 or more to smash regiments head on (preferably with a character at the forefront.) Another box coud net you another heavy unit, which you could have led by another character (perhaps the Battle Standard Bearer?) You should consider attaching damsels to the side of these units if you don't mind losing the lance attacks on the charge; they do help by sharing their magic resistance to the whole unit, although they are more likely to get stuck in combat. Alternatively you could place them with the men-at-arms, who will be a 'bunker' for her.

Keep in mind, Knights can be fielded as the cheaper but less skilled and more impetuos errant knight units if desired. It's an ok deal if combined with the errantry banner, but with its definite downsides as well.

Peasants make decent supporting units, especially the archers (you could increase them up to two units of 20, or keep them one big unit of 16, which I highly recommend you pay the points to have skirmishing.) However, they won't win battles by themselves. Hypothetically, you could increase the men-at-arms unit to 25, but it's not very important and the mounted parts of the list are more in need of reinforcement.