PDA

View Full Version : WotR Harad army

takaetun
29-03-2009, 11:57
Hey all. Just looking to get some advice and guidance on WotR Harad army and where people think I should go from here. Probably looking to get to about 2000 so I can get violated by my local manager's Elves and the part timers' Rohan and Uruk Hai. Any thoughts/comments/where I should go next etc would be greatly appreciated.

Suladan 150
Khamul the Easterling 125

5 Companies of Warriors of Harad with Captain, Banner, Hasharin 260
4 Companies of Warriors of Harad with bows 120
6 Companies of Haradrim Raiders with Banner 215

Mumak 250
Mordor Troll 100

Suladan goes with the Raiders, whilst Khamul goes with the squishy spearmen to make their deaths worthwhile.
The Troll is included on the basis that "Hey, there are half trolls there, so there have to be mummy and daddy trolls too!" He is converted with a scimitar and such, and working on greenstuffing a few robes.

For my next move, I was considering getting the Dark Marshal with four companies of Morgul Knights, but I seem fairly low on numbers and fairly hodge podge with no real focus on infantry, cavalry or monsters. Half-trolls seem good, but not really sure where I'll go next. Thoughts?

Thanks.

darkstar
29-03-2009, 12:18
I'm a big fan of the idea of half trolls. It fits better with the theme established than morgul knights do. Also, they hurt. I'd consider Dalamyr, so you can take a practically unchargeable formation that re-roll hits a silly number of times.

Kinsley
29-03-2009, 16:54
My thoughts on Half-trolls is that they can wreck most units. Probably best in atleast a formation of 2 companies as even with idomitable and resiliance 2 they may kill them selves so those extra wounds are good defence against bad Berserk rolls and shooting.

They way I'm running my Half-trolls is 3 companies with Amdur and The Betrayer. They ALL reroll hits in combat AND the company with Amdur gets to call Epic rampage and can attack AGAIN with sucessfull hits. So thats 16 attacks with rerolls probably hitting on 4's and then 8 with rerolls and attacking as many times as it takes for ALL of the attacks to miss.

Very scary when that unit charges. Just my 2c.

takaetun
30-03-2009, 10:17
Was in store today and had a quick squiz at the half-trolls. Suffice it to say that I won't be paying AU$176 for 16 Half Trolls, especially with only two different models, so that probably rules that out.

I'm thinking of getting another Mumak, although how it performed in our massive preview game makes me feel slightly dirty for thinking of doing that...

Any suggestions for other units or Fates to fill out the other 520 points? What about infantry, I seem to be fairly light on nice blocks at the moment, and I understand that infantry trumps all when taking objectives.

lorelorn
30-03-2009, 11:39
If you're looking at metal, you could go a box of Morgul Knights. With Khamul leading them that would be three companies.

Otherwise consider the easterlings as with all their command options, including Dragon Priests, they can chew up a lot of points.