PDA

View Full Version : 1k of lizardmen with all the minis I got

Ancre
29-03-2009, 12:14
CORE 660 points :

15 Saurus warriors, Spears & Full command, 210 points.

10 Skinks, 50 points.

10 Skinks, 50 points.

10 Skirmisher skinks, 70 points.

10 skirmisher skinks, 70 points.

HEROES 334 points :

Skink priest, level 1, dispel scroll, 90 points.

Skink priest, level 2, powerstone, 120 points.

Saurus hero (general), great weapon, light armor & shield, jaguar charm, 124 points.

TOTAL 994 points.

5 Power Dices, 4 Dispell Dices, 1 Boundspell.

This is a list made with all the figurines I have, so it can't be changed much, as I only have a few sauruses and skinks left, as well as a tupac skink. It still gives me a fair hitting power with the saurus troops, and I have the saurus hero to give me those extremely needed high strenght attacks.

The question is, can the characters be arranged to be more effective ? I am doomed to have 1/3 of my army in heroes, so I figured I could go magic heavy to give the Saurus hero the opportunity to fly through the table and munch things like warmachines, chariots, and other things my troops can't handle.

And first things I'll buy will be a handful of kroxes and a warmachine-hunter tupac on terradon :D

Spirit
29-03-2009, 18:13
Either combine the regular skink units into a unit of 20, so you have some rank bonus. Or drop them all and get 10 javelin skirmishers (80 points)

Use the 20 spare points, and lose the power stone, for another level on your mage. 6 power dice over the game and a spell is better than 2 power dice onece.

Give the saurus character a great weapon. You can always opt not to use it and it gives you more options when dealing with heavily armoured targets.

If you have the points, replacing his shield for an enchanted shield makes him a bit more resilient (obviously only if you don't use the great weapon) Or a talisman of protectoin, for the same points, will help against everything, sometimes lol.

Edit: Your next hero should be an engine of the gods. This gives you 6 dispell dice (use the diadem of power) and a stegadon. Very cost effective unit in terms of magic defence and damage. Try to invest in some cool sruff, like salamanders and stegadons. They will spice up the army.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
29-03-2009, 19:34
Make both priests level 2. Good starting list. Good luck

Ancre
29-03-2009, 21:35
Are the ranged skink any worth in combat ? I mostly intended to play them as charge redirecters, table quarter holders, and maybe flank harassers/chargers, but T2 seems too much fragile to be interesting as a fighting unit of 20.

The saurus character already have a heavy weapon :D I play in french and heavy weapon is the litteral translation for "arme lourde" which is the great weapon (+2 strenght and strikes last if they didn't changed the rules from 6th edition). Sorry for that ! I'll edit.

Isn't the talisman worthless ? I mean, it's a 6+ ward save, it never works. I probably won't have many points to spare though.

As for the additions, I like the EotG, but I am very fond of the v6 kroxigors and I would like to have some before they totally disappears. Do they mix well with the new ones or do they look too different ?

Thank you very much for your answers !

Spirit
29-03-2009, 21:53
Are the ranged skink any worth in combat ? I mostly intended to play them as charge redirecters, table quarter holders, and maybe flank harassers/chargers, but T2 seems too much fragile to be interesting as a fighting unit of 20.

your probably right, but seing as you must aim and charge at the closest visible skirmisher, you can re direct charges with skirmishers, as well as many other things that the rank and file unit can't do. I wouldnt personally put them in units of 20, but i think 10 is pretty pointless tbh. So i would switch them to skirmishers.

The saurus character already have a heavy weapon :D I play in french and heavy weapon is the litteral translation for "arme lourde" which is the great weapon (+2 strenght and strikes last if they didn't changed the rules from 6th edition). Sorry for that ! I'll edit.

Isn't the talisman worthless ? I mean, it's a 6+ ward save, it never works. I probably won't have many points to spare though.
well its only worthless if it fails.

As for the additions, I like the EotG, but I am very fond of the v6 kroxigors and I would like to have some before they totally disappears. Do they mix well with the new ones or do they look too different ?

i have 2 old ones and 2 new ones, they dont mix too well but i dont care, dont have the money for more atm. If you dont mind the old models, use one new one as the champion of the unit.

Thank you very much for your answers !

Ancre
30-03-2009, 11:45

your probably right, but seing as you must aim and charge at the closest visible skirmisher, you can re direct charges with skirmishers, as well as many other things that the rank and file unit can't do. I wouldnt personally put them in units of 20, but i think 10 is pretty pointless tbh. So i would switch them to skirmishers.

Haha that reminds me of a great debate on Chaos Dwarfs online on should hobgoblins be fielded in naked units of ten or twenty ! I like the rank and file as it is easier to force an enemy unit to do a wheel (and presenting a flank) with them. I will try both the rank and file and the all skirmisher lists I think !

well its only worthless if it fails.
Seems costly for something that will fail too much a lot of time. I'll try the shield better.

Ancre
30-03-2009, 11:53
So here is the revised list :

CORE 610 points :

10 Skinks, 50 points.

10 Skirmisher skinks, 70 points.

10 skirmisher skinks, 70 points.

HEROES 386 points :

Skink priest, level 2, dispel scroll, 125 points.

Skink priest, level 2, dispel scroll, 125 points.

Saurus hero (general), great weapon, light armor, enchanted shield, jaguar charm, 136 points.

TOTAL 996 points.

6 Power Dices, 4 Dispell Dices, 2 scrolls, 1 Boundspell.

I might swap the magic shield and a dispell scroll (I find two of them overkill at 1k points but I might be wrong) to change the ranked skink unit in a skirmisher one.

Now I just have to finish the modelling & painting and onwards to victory ! :D Thank you all.