PDA

View Full Version : Any reason not to take 2x3 salamanders against dwarfs?

WarmbloodedLizard
29-03-2009, 17:51
(except for the sake of diversity and such?)
of course it's only one panic test, but I'm more interested in their damage, range, and speed anyway.

Roxors45
29-03-2009, 18:08
The only reason would be if you value (or devalue in this case) tailored lists. You're obviously putting yourself at an advantage by selecting a specific troop type/quantity to combat a foe. You could argue that you already use sallys, but I doubt in that abundance due to the almost 500 pt pricetag.

The damage range and speed arnt the reasons to be using sallys again dwarfs anyway. The reason is reducing their armor save by 3. Use 1 or 2 (seperated if you use 2) because not only is it plenty (dwarves arnt exactly a horde army you know), but you don't want to seem overly beardy............ see what I did there. Hahahahahahaha

WarmbloodedLizard
29-03-2009, 18:31
The only reason would be if you value (or devalue in this case) tailored lists. You're obviously putting yourself at an advantage by selecting a specific troop type/quantity to combat a foe. You could argue that you already use sallys, but I doubt in that abundance due to the almost 500 pt pricetag.

The damage range and speed arnt the reasons to be using sallys again dwarfs anyway. The reason is reducing their armor save by 3. Use 1 or 2 (seperated if you use 2) because not only is it plenty (dwarves arnt exactly a horde army you know), but you don't want to seem overly beardy............ see what I did there. Hahahahahahaha

(we don't play too often and usually know which army we are going to face, so most of our lists are tailored)

The -3 AS actually translates into more damage. they also get to the other side of the board relatively quickly, without being too prone to shooting. i just don't see a better alternative.

sulla
29-03-2009, 19:41
The -3 AS actually translates into more damage. they also get to the other side of the board relatively quickly, without being too prone to shooting. i just don't see a better alternative.

Razordons in front of the slayers would be fun too.

I don't see too much danger for dwarves from sallys. s3 and a randomly placed template don't seem too scary to me. But I haven't seen them in action against the little guys yet.

Either way, both small monster units do seem pretty vulnerable to shooting in my experience. Even my s3 dark elves can extract a pretty hefty toll from them.