PDA

View Full Version : master of the forge and conversion beamer

rottahn
30-03-2009, 03:12
i was thinking about adding onto my marine army and playing a master of the forge/dreadnought army. the problem is that there isnt a model for the techmarine with the conversion beamer. you lose the servoharness, but it doesnt say what the conversion beam looks like. also the space marine armylist entry doesnt say that the techmarine has a servo arm, but his description page earlier in the book says he does.

Born Again
30-03-2009, 06:34
There hasn't been a model for a conversion beamer for a long time, since they haven't been an option since RT-era or very early 2nd ed. This page shows the old SM version, which looks similar to a plasma cannon with the dome-shaped nose/ barrel.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2012smmarineheavies.htm

Click the image for a zoomed view. Hope that helps!

Eulenspiegel
30-03-2009, 09:44
If you´re really not that into conversions, try to get hold of one of the Techmarine bodies and the Devastator Plasmacannon + Backpack.
With the tiniest amount of work this will be a nice Conversion beamer. Those more ambitioned may add guitar wire and ensure the Plasma Cannon wont be recognized as such (adding of bitz, recutting the arms, ...).

Atr_127
30-03-2009, 10:19
i think you can reasonably make it look like whatever the hell you want. the few remaining conversion beamers are ancient and probably come from all sorts of sources, from Squats to Imperial, to weapons looted from pirates or recovered from orks. as long as it looks suitably large, ornate, complex or cool, just build whatever you like. mine is built from a combination or Tau and Imperial gun bitz.

IAMNOTHERE
30-03-2009, 10:26
Another option you could do is convert a SM Attackbike and have the whole sidecar as the power supply of the Beamer and its weapon mount.

It would also allow you to move and fir ethe Beamer making sure you keep at that 42"+ range.

Eryx_UK
30-03-2009, 13:46
If you´re really not that into conversions, try to get hold of one of the Techmarine bodies and the Devastator Plasmacannon + Backpack.
With the tiniest amount of work this will be a nice Conversion beamer. Those more ambitioned may add guitar wire and ensure the Plasma Cannon wont be recognized as such (adding of bitz, recutting the arms, ...).

Thats what I did. Plasma cannon converted just slightly and painted a different colour to the plasma weapons in my army.

Sholto
30-03-2009, 13:53
There is an idea in the Witchhunters codex for a gun servitor that you could adapt for a conversion beamer - the techmarine attached by a cable to a set of sentinel legs with a gun mounted on top. Put them both on a 60mm base. You could use practically anything for the gun. Should look pretty impressive.

Sholto

rottahn
30-03-2009, 15:43
There hasn't been a model for a conversion beamer for a long time, since they haven't been an option since RT-era or very early 2nd ed. This page shows the old SM version, which looks similar to a plasma cannon with the dome-shaped nose/ barrel.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2012smmarineheavies.htm

Click the image for a zoomed view. Hope that helps!

wow thanks a bunch guys. i really didnt know what the conversion beamer looked like, and now i have some idea. i have an extra plastic plasma cannon and i think ill drill some holes in it and add some necron "green tube" bits to it.(after im done painting it of course)

Col. Dash
30-03-2009, 17:16
A local guy here has a legion of the damned army and did a beautiful conversion using Maugan-ra. I think it would only work with his army due to the skullyness of it though.