PDA

View Full Version : No more online 13th Co. Codex?

Voracioustigger
30-03-2009, 14:03
Hey everyone,

Not to start the conspiracy theories... but the day before someone leaked that the Space Wolf codex was complete (think it was someone on warseer, but can't find the post), the 13th Company Codex that has been free online for a LONG time was taken down and now I can't find it anywhere. I have the EoT codex, but it's always easier to just glance at it online... (I guess I do have a scanner now, so I have no excuse for my laziness though ;) )

Anyhow...

1) Is the 13th Co. Codex still online?
2) Is there any connection with the Space Wolf Codex being semi-officially completed and GW removing the 13th company list?

Is this meant to wean us even more off the 13th company, so none of us get our hopes up for the new dex, or just a strange coincidence, or something else?

victorpofa
30-03-2009, 21:10
The Eye of Terror codex is no longer valid so unless it can be made from a recent codex it can't be used in GW stores/tournaments. For friendly games GW can't stop you from using it. At least until the GW Secret Police (TM) find you. :evilgrin:

Seriously though, this list has been discontinued for a while. The boxed sets were removed from distribution long ago so good luck finding a box of Grey Slayers, Storm Claws, or Wulfen. The first two can be easily made by combining Chaos Marines with Grey Hunters, Blood Claws, or Tactical Marines. Wulfen, on the other hand, can go for over $100 on ebay for a sealed box of five. :eek:

There is an Apocalypse datasheet for 13th Company, but that does not help for normal games.

Nobody knows when the new Space Wolf Codex is coming for sure, or whether 13th company is represented, but reliable sources (Harry and Brimstone) indicate they are coming before the end of the year. Hopefully we will start to hear solid rumors after the Guard are in the can and on the shelves.

Voracioustigger
30-03-2009, 21:34
I know it's no longer valid... it just seems odd that GW left it online for download until this weekend.

Also, Fortunately for me I ran a Wulfen army, so I have around 25 Wulfen Models ;).

LonelyPath
30-03-2009, 22:29
It was also taken down a while ago, over a year ago in fact, I hadn't noticed that it had become available again since.

Voracioustigger
30-03-2009, 22:56
It was also taken down a while ago, over a year ago in fact, I hadn't noticed that it had become available again since.

I think it may have only been on GW canada's site... but (I guess it may have been down for slightly longer now) as of March 13th 2009 the list was posted at "http://ca.games-workshop.com/CommunityNew/HOH/Army%20Downloads/13thcompany.pdf"

So this is definitely a recent thing taking it down.

LonelyPath
30-03-2009, 23:39
It was on the UK site that it was taken down last year. I tried to get another copy after losing the original I downloaded and it was no longer available on the site, it'd been removed, never bothered looking again since I got a pdf from someone else.

shin'keiro
31-03-2009, 02:46
My feelings are that the 'wolfen' will be in the new space wolf codex, attached to a wolf priest perhaps.

Who also thinks the Leman Russ tank will be in the new codex??

warchild9
31-03-2009, 03:36
The Eye of Terror codex is no longer valid so For friendly games GW can't stop you from using it. At least until the GW Secret Police (TM) find you. :evilgrin:

but I thought the Adeptus Arbites(TM) were not so secretive......are they......not the face:eek:

whitewolfmxc
31-03-2009, 08:22
for any one who wants it , i have the PDF copy of JUST the 13th company lists . If this is legal i can host it up somewhere for you guys , also i have GW website chapter approved rules for 13th wolf priest Sternhammer

So is this legal ?

yabbadabba
31-03-2009, 08:25
for any one who wants it , i have the PDF copy of JUST the 13th company lists . If this is legal i can host it up somewhere for you guys , also i have GW website chapter approved rules for 13th wolf priest Sternhammer

So is this legal ?

Not sure if it is legal for you to post, but as it was on free download you can distribute it around. So could you PM me a copy please!

FlyingViking
31-03-2009, 08:27
That's a question you should ask GW legal department. If they give you permission, it's legal. If not... it's still their copyright, and it's up to them how they deal with unauthorised distribution.

whitewolfmxc
31-03-2009, 09:15
ok......although i do have a hard copy of the codex........but i wont post the links "here" on the board ><