PDA

View Full Version : Host of Xahutec 2250pts

Kai Itzah
30-03-2009, 20:40
Before any people who know their fluff leap out of the shadows at me about this army being Xahutec, the army's fluff goes that my Slann Mage-Priest convinced one the remaining Slann of the second generation to use his spiritual energy to attempt to close of the rift beneath Xahutec, as he claimed he saw in a vision that it was the will of the Old Ones that this city should be rebuilt. The Slann was able to close the rift, but it took his life in the process. My Slann Priest then took over the city and began it's renewal to demonstrate to the rest of the Slann that he could do the impossible, and rebuild the one city that was deemed to be permanently abandoned by the Lizardmen. There's a lot more stuff to do with how he believes Sotek is a Chaos God and wants to slaughter all Sotek worshipers, but I don't want to get into that now :p

Onto the army list. Well, after writing lots and lots of lists...I think the first one was a Slann with Engine of the Gods list, second Slann with Chief with Warspear list, I came to the decision that I liked neither of them. Engine of the Gods I did really like, but I didn't want to be identified by my choice to run EotG. Warspear, I eventually decided not to run because it wasn't my idea to run that particular unit, I got it from someone else, and I really wanted to make this list my own. And so I wrote this one. Beware, those who know good Lizardmen lists, this one has no Stegs in it. Oh, and one important thing to remember when commenting on this list, please no drastic changes, I just want some more opinions on what you would run with this kind of list. In the end I might return to EotG because I love the idea of a Skink Priest being Level 3, but I want to test this list out and see if it's competitive first. Another note, someone is going to suggest that I put in Rumination, don't think I haven't considered that. I just like the Harrowing Scrutiny for fluff reasons. If you think one of the other two is worth switching out for Rumination, do say so.

(One final note, this list is built from the Battalion Box, a Saurus Regiment, a Skink Regiment, a box of Temple Guard, a bunch of Terradons and characters. The Cavalry is mainly included because they come in the Battalion Box)

Here goes:

LORDS - Lord Kai Itzah, Rebuilder of Xahutec 425pts.
Focus of Mystery
Harrowing Scrutiny
Becalming Cogitation
Battle Standard Bearer
War Banner

HEROES - Priest Chuaq Atamundi, Vessel of Kai Itzah 150pts.
Level 2 Upgrade
Cloak of Feathers
Dispel Scroll

Priest Lotehe Atamundi, Vessel of Kai Itzah 150pts.
Level 2 Upgrade
Diadem of Power
Dispel Scroll

Nka-Qu, Defender of Xahutec 142pts.
Horned One
Venom of the Firefly Frog
Spear
Light Armour
Shield

CORE - 18 Saurus Warriors 246pts.
Spears
Full Command

18 Saurus Warriors 246pts.
Spears
Full Command

10 Skinks 50pts.

10 Skinks 50pts.

SPECIAL - 16 Temple Guard 291pts.
Full Command

6 Cold One Cavalry 260pts.
Full Command

4 Terradons 120pts.

4 Terradons 120pts.

Kai Itzah
31-03-2009, 19:20
Still got lost onto the second page waaay too fast. Any help this time around?

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:42
Why are you bothering with harrowing scrutiny?

Also full command might look nice but it's not always useful. In a lot of these cases the champ isn't worth the cost.

Kai Itzah
31-03-2009, 20:28
I'm bothering with Harrowing Scrutiny because I just think the ability is cool.

As for the champions, if I were to drop them all I would have 58pts. What would you spend that on?

Ultimo ninja
31-03-2009, 20:39
Very character heavy....drop a priest and the cld ones....get more skinks backed by kroxies......it will give you more flexibility.

Malorian
31-03-2009, 21:05
I'm bothering with Harrowing Scrutiny because I just think the ability is cool.

As for the champions, if I were to drop them all I would have 58pts. What would you spend that on?

That almost perfect for another cold one and a magic banner.

Kai Itzah
31-03-2009, 21:13
@Ultimo ninja: Thanks for the recommendation, I'll take that into account and may do that in the future, but at the moment I'm looking at what I can get with the models I have; I'll look into expanding it after I've got through this 200 lot.

@Malorian: Hehe, not quite. I still need 11pts for the cheapest magic banner, and I can't find that anywhere. Even dropping the Venom leaves me one point short. So I could get another Cold One and then either a Terradon Brave, leaving me with four dead points, or either a Revered Guardian or Warrior Champ. Which of the three do you think is the best choice?

Kai Itzah
02-04-2009, 11:27
In my 500pts I intend on running a unit of 16 Skinks with 2 Kroxs in it, with a Skink Chief in it (I know, can you say in eggs in a basket much?) as I understand it, you have to have the 16 Skinks first to add the 2 Krox, you can't have 15 Skinks then add a Chief, then get 2 Krox. So that leaves me unfortunately with 25 spaces. So that brings me to the question, for this unit, which is better, 6x4 with a displaced Skink in the back rank, or 5x5 with full ranks all around?

EDIT: Also I was wrong about the standard bearers. It's actually 12+14+20, 56pts. So if I grabbed a Cold One I would have 21pts. Man...I have awful maths. Anyway right, so I could actually get any of the three champs, but the TG and SW would leave me with a bunch of unused points.