PDA

View Full Version : Comp This List- Empire 2250-complete with steam tank, and a twist.

vinny t
30-03-2009, 21:19
Arch lector with Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Speculum and sword of might.

Warrior Priest with Armor of Meteoric Iron, and Ring of Volans, Great Weapon

Master Engineer with Repeater Pistol and Pigeon Bombs

BSB on barded horse with Doomfire Ring, and full plate

Core:
24 Swordsmen with Full command
9 Free Company

24 Swordsmen with Full command
9 Free Company

10 Handgunners- Champion with Hochland

10 Handgunners- Champion with Hochland

5 Knights

5 Knights

Special:
5 Outriders with Champion and musician

24 Greatswords with full command and 9 free company

Cannon

Rare:
Steam Tank

2249 Points

2 PD 4 Bound
5 DD

So, a steam tank, but a master engineer and a complement of engineering goodies (cannon, Outriders, Steam tank). Now, I am worried about some "looks", due to the Steam tank, but I feel that the lack of magic defense and magic in general makes up for that.

So, advice is welcome, as is how you feel about it. :)

complexfire
30-03-2009, 21:27
I like the list allot. Having the engineer I think is super fine. I may put him on a steed since it is so pretty and he can run around with the outriders or Stank..

The only look I see is with the warrior priests.. Do they fit with the Engineer?

vinny t
30-03-2009, 21:38
The Warrior Priests are to make sure that the engineers don't blaspheme Sigmar with their inventions or go freelance with a hallowed god-machine (steam tank).

complexfire
30-03-2009, 21:49
fair enough..

Makarion
31-03-2009, 04:41
I'd personally exchange the Ring of Volans for almost anything else - it's not worth it's points in my opinion, as it's a one time effect only. Sigil of Sigmar springs to mind.

vinny t
01-04-2009, 00:26
I personally love Ring of Volans due to the fact that it gives me another Bound spell in my bag of tricks, but to each his own I guess

PapaSmurf
01-04-2009, 02:30
personally i never leave home without the icon of magnus on a priest, fear just sucks

PapaSmurf

MTUCache
01-04-2009, 03:54
personally i never leave home without the icon of magnus on a priest, fear just sucks

PapaSmurf
Ditto... psych is always going to be one of your weaknesses in the Empire army. The Icon is worth it's weight in gold, especially on a priest giving you rerolls.

As for the army.... pretty comp-friendly really. The Stank isn't nearly looked down at like it used to be. It's a pretty common thing in competitive Empire lists. It's a point-heavy selection, but provides you with some great distraction and a terror-causer, which most armies seem to have in abundance lately. Most experienced opponents will know exactly how to deal with it (or not deal with it, as the case may be), and it won't completely unravel their enjoyment of the game.

I think you'll get more sideways glances for the AL/Speculum, or possibly even for the dual HLRs. Neither of them is even close to over-the-top of course, but they do more psychological damage to your opponents when you deploy them than the Stank does.

Nothing else to really complain about really. Obviously not a gunline. Not overpowered in either end of magic. A rather vanilla detachment list with some Knight hammers. I certainly wouldn't comp you down for it. I think you could go quite a bit harder before you start getting put in the Demons category. :p