PDA

View Full Version : Baneblade Tank Company

Azazel
30-03-2009, 21:26
Hi all, hope alls well.

I haven't been keeping up with the latest rules reciently, but with the release of the plastic Baneblade I had the thought of starting an army consisting of nothing but Baneblades and their varients.

Yeah 'beardy' I know, but I don't care it'll be funny. :cheese:

How offical are the rules on Baneblades? Are they literally a new Heavy Choice (or two) for the Imperial Guard? Or can 1-3 be taken as an extra Force Organisation Chart in particulary large games?

I remember a lot of lists being around like; Imperial Guard Tank Company and the Kroot Army. Which later became forgotten or obsolete with new editions of the main rules.

Yeye I hear ya, 'Buy the book and you can find out!'. But no stores are open where I live and I am bored!

So my question to you is; how legal is the Baneblade? And is it possible to feild an army made of nothing but them?

Thanks!

SimonL
30-03-2009, 21:37
It is possible in Apoc games, not in normal 40k. They are made for Apoc, not 40k, unless the game is huge and your opponent is cool with it.

Khornies & milk
30-03-2009, 21:44
Baneblades are ONLY for Apoc games, and there's an Apoc Datasheet called 'Steel Fury' that has 3 Baneblade varients in it, along with special rules and such.

Chaos and Evil
30-03-2009, 21:56
In case you don't know, 'Apoc' is 'Apocalypse'... an addon for the game that lets you play really big games.

Baneblades are therefore only usable if you're playing a game using the Apocalypse rules.

Azazel
30-03-2009, 22:01
Ah right, I thought it might be something to do with Apocalypse. Thank you for the fast reply all. :)

Vaktathi
30-03-2009, 22:03
Baneblades are not usable in normal games inside the normal FoC. If you aren't playing Apocalypse you need a 2nd FoC comprising 1-3 Baneblades.

If you are playing Apoc, then go all out, but keep in mind these are 3k+ games, and most people aren't going to want to play against a bunch of baneblades and nothing else.

They are not, and probably will never be, included in the IG codex, nobody who has seen the upcoming codex has said anything regarding BB's being included.