PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Aircraft

ham2525
14-12-2005, 15:08
Hey everyone

I was wondering if the Nighwing and Void Dragon Phoenix are worth it and if anyones had any experiance with them.

Void Dragon Phoenix
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/basil.htm

Nightwing
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/nightwing.htm

Ham2525

squigsnok
14-12-2005, 15:59
Depends on what you mean "worth it".

They are damn cool models (especially the nightwing), and if you're a modeller or painter then they probably are worth it.

In gaming terms it depends on a number of things. Firstly, what kinds of games you play. They are almost always never allowed in competative tournaments, and there's alot of other players who don't want to fight them anyway. But if you're in a club or similar gaming community where you use this kind of thing then go for it.

Secondly, will it work in YOUR army. My ork bomma can be fitted into the army as it has a useful function in taking out enemy support units, but i never use it in games of less than 2000 points as i have more important things to spend the points on (boyz and bikers mostly...). You have to weigh up how much you want it, as a painting project as well as an army feature, with how much use your gonna get out of it in gaming terms. I haven't used my bomma in months, but i enjoyed painting it, and it's a laugh when i DO get to use it in big fun games when my mates are using their flyers too (we have a phoenix and a heltalon in the group at the mo, as well as a guy with 2 thunderhawks)

ham2525
14-12-2005, 16:18
Well i play in a club with my friends and they dont really mind.
Id be playing games over 2k so i think it probably would be fine to use fore taking out support units and fun to paint.

Ill see if i can get maybe the nightwing because its less points and when i expand my army to over 2k then ill use more often

Ham2525

damz451
14-12-2005, 17:37
im thinking of gettin a void dragon pheonix also for my dark eldar. but most of the time its 1.5k games and i need every spare point possible so it ddnt seem a worthwhile purchase for me.