PDA

View Full Version : This is Madness!!!!

Commissar Danilov
31-03-2009, 00:03
When you decide to go to your local GW store, only to find out when you arrive there that it no longer exsists :eek::cries: And the only other store is too damn far away to go to :mad: Damn Economy. Now where can I go where I can spend over a hundred dollars on two boxes of troops and a tank??:D(besides the GW website)

Chaos and Evil
31-03-2009, 00:06
This is Madness!!!!

No!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

weissengel86
31-03-2009, 00:08
Lol, I never had a local GW store in the first place the closest one is at least an hour or two drive form where i live.

Do you have a hobby store or something? Thats where i go to since GW doesnt exist in my area. There are other sites that sell GW stuff but not as outrageously expensive as GWs store.

Vaktathi
31-03-2009, 00:12
Chaos & Evil beat me to my response almost exactly :p

but yes that does suck. My game store is a block and a half away, and there are multiple others within an hours drive.

Commissar Danilov
31-03-2009, 00:13
Yea there are a few hobby stores around where I live, so I'll have to settle for those and the GW site from now on. Still why did GW have to take away my store????

Drayken
31-03-2009, 00:17
THIS IS SPARTA

Sorry, I saw the thread name and couldn't resist. The same has happened to me, it sucks! :mad:

tuebor
31-03-2009, 00:18
Lol, I never had a local GW store in the first place the closest one is at least an hour or two drive form where i live.

Do you have a hobby store or something? Thats where i go to since GW doesnt exist in my area. There are other sites that sell GW stuff but not as outrageously expensive as GWs store.

For several years I'd never actually seen a GW store. When I finally moved to a town that had one I only visited twice and each time I was followed around and bothered by the redshirts. Not only that, they assumed that because I have an accent to my French they need to speak slowly and use simple words. I went to a locally owned hobby shop not 2km away and they treated me just fine.

Necro Angelo
31-03-2009, 00:40
I've known several GW's to close over night (at least 3). There are only 2 stores local to me now and I live in the suburbs of London, one of the most populous cities in the world. i don't know whether its the recession or because they're a failing company but either way I hope GW sorts things out and does'nt go bust.

Hicks
31-03-2009, 00:50
There are no official GW stores anywhere near me and only one gamestore with tables in town where I never go. That doesn't stop me from buying tons of minis for much cheaper online.

teanabowlie
31-03-2009, 01:34
Check the GW site, I believe they have a store/stockist locator. Theres bound to be modelling/art shop in your area that has it. And GW fixes all the prices so it will cost the same as in a GW.

warchild9
31-03-2009, 03:47
I was told I was not allowed to play in a GW store here unless my army was completely painted and no more than 1000 pts aside...I'm glad they closed that store it was to small and inside a mall which sucked I got a couple of LGS by me, one I have been going to since he opened and even helped him move to his new shop...hell I think I payed his rent for a while with all my armies I have had and the ones I still have

dugaal
31-03-2009, 04:12
Do you live in Toronto?
They have reported their 'eaton centre' store exactly in the same place for awhile now. In the Eaton Center downtown.
They also moved that store years ago :wtf:
I just checked the GW site, and it shows the new address, yet calls it by that shopping center, and has a deceptive map. In ths day and age it is negligent towards your business to not report these changes to popular map search engines (yahoo, google maps) and both these show the old location...
unbelievable...

Captain Micha
31-03-2009, 13:26
there aren't actually any Gw stores per say in my area. There's plenty of hobby stores that carry Gw products though.

I've actually -gained- two stores :D one hobbytown, and one local shop.

Mojaco
31-03-2009, 15:05
I've got two within half an hour. Lucky me, I guess. Last year we lost an independent store though, which was a sad turn of events. He had it coming though; too much discount on too much stuff can make you sell a bit more, but the loss of revenue was just too big. Still 3 independent gaming stores or so left in a half hour radius, and several others where it is only sold.

AfroCelt
31-03-2009, 15:17
The nice thing about being away from GW stores is that ou get a better selection of actual places to play...I have 5-6 Hobby stores that carry GW within an hour's drive...with the nearest GW more than 2 hours away, I couldn't be happier.

I always found the salespeople at a GW store too annoying to tolerate much. They built one about 5 minutes from the parent's house (after I moved out of course :P ) and can't stand going in there to game anymore...its too small and is always crowded. Plus the local stores cost less to order from and are friendlier.

ancient_conflict
31-03-2009, 16:44
@ Commissar Danilov

i take it your from the states (appologies if your from somewhere else) (you said dollars so i am assuming)

when i was in New York last year i found out that they had 8 in the area at one point but now are down to just one. and that one is tiny compared to the store i have at home

which is the only one for 60 miles

31-03-2009, 17:39
welcome to my world :(

I started warhammer and the nearest hobby store was 70 miles away. then I moved and there was (according to White Dwarf) a GW store near my new home I was happy. showing up it had closed the month before...thankfully there was a few hobby shops near and one closed over night.

then I moved again and now the nearest hobby store is 150 miles away (2 1/2 hour drive). well 5 hours away is a GW store so I went there once and it was closed down a few weeks before. and passing though a town 9 hour drive north was another offcial GW store that closed before I made it there.

Guess I was ment to only go to hobby stores...which is fine

Laser guided fanatic
31-03-2009, 17:46
No!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Damn I was going to say it :(

Ok i'll try something else,

MADDNESS THIS IS A CONTEMPARY ECONOMCIAL CLIMATE THAT WOULD GET PWNED BY SPARTA!

Tbh this has happened to me but it was a shop that I hardly ever visit as I have two battle bunkers/shops within 10 miles of me.

Sir_Turalyon
31-03-2009, 18:05
Actually This is Spam! Or at least misplaced thread that should be placed in other GW discussion subforum.

BigBadBull
31-03-2009, 18:33
When you decide to go to your local GW store, only to find out when you arrive there that it no longer exsists :eek::cries: And the only other store is too damn far away to go to :mad: Damn Economy. Now where can I go where I can spend over a hundred dollars on two boxes of troops and a tank??:D(besides the GW website)

Let me guess Memphis or Canada?
There have been a rash of closings but most of them there was a good bit of notice.