PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblins 2000 points

T-bred
31-03-2009, 00:08
This is my first attempt at making an all Night Goblin army. (Well almost completely night goblins ;)) I tried to create a balanced army. Some of the units are only in the army for fluff reasons (and that I like the models ~ squigs :D) So here it goes...

Heros
Night Goblin Warboss, Best Basha, Best Boss 'At, Horn of Urgok, light armor, shield, 146 points

Night Goblin Big Boss, Battle Standard Bearer, Big Red Banner, light armor, 107 points

Night Goblin Shaman, level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin', 135 points

Night Goblin Shaman, level 2, Nibbla's Ring, Dispel Scroll, 130 points

Core
40 Night Goblins, spears, nets, Full Command, Fanatic, 240 points

40 Night Goblins, spears, nets, Full Command, Fanatic, 240 points

25 Night Goblins, spears, nets, Full Command, Fanatic, 180 points

25 Night Goblins, spears, nets, Full Command, 155 points

20 Night Goblins, bows, musician, 64 points

5 Spider Riders, musician, 71 points

5 Spider Riders, musician, 71 points

Special
5 Squig Herder Teams; 150 points

5 Squig Hoppers; 75 points

2 Spear Chukkas; 70 points

Rare
Doom Diver Catapult; 80 points

Doom Diver Catapult; 80 points

total points: 1994

Power Dice: 6
Dispel Dice: 5

Thanks for any feedback.

Stuffburger
31-03-2009, 02:39
NGs with HW&S are generally better than spears- the extra AS and point cheaper are worth more than an extra WS2 S3 attack. When charged by trash troops spears can be better but it is rare. I'd give at least two of the units hand weapons instead and use the points for more fanatics, which will provide hitting power that the army sorely lacks.

Everything else looks okay for pure NG. Throwing out the squig herders and buying 4 more spear chukkas would be more competitive but the squigs are more fun and look much better.

Getting mad cap mushrooms would let a fanatic-heavy unit cause some serious damage more reliably, and reduce casualties when you launch fanatics through your own guys. An evil, effective and very gobliny tactic :D

T-bred
31-03-2009, 14:59
I think I am going to drop the spears from the 2 blocks of 40 NGs. That would give me 80 points. I will add 2 Squig Hoppers making a total of 7 Hoppers. That would leave me 50 points for 2 more fanatics. :D Also since I am 6 points shy of 2k I am thinking about adding the Collar of Zorga to one of my shamans or adding 2 more NGs.

I like the idea of the Mad caps, but i just don't have room for them in this list :cries: I will keep that tactic in mind for a revamped NG list :p

chippyman64
31-03-2009, 17:16
re-do the list but add skarsnick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also i find that 150+ ng is needed for a gobbo horde list

possible the greatest special charector for the points

samick
31-03-2009, 17:24
Skarsnik is always a fantastic choice for all gobbo lists. I also find that 40 goblins in a single unit is overkill and a nightmare to maneuver. I usually cap at 30 per unit, maybe one unit of 35 for my lords unit.

Tonedogbf110
01-04-2009, 10:44
Nice list, I am also working on a NG army.

I would add a 3rd shaman, NG bosses are pretty lame at the best of times.

Gobboman10
05-04-2009, 16:42
This must be a fun army lol, i would get more squig hoppers and more spider riders. I accully dont think this would be a bad army.