PDA

View Full Version : Favorite army

tacoo
31-03-2009, 02:51
Just wanted to know whos everyones favorite army is, THIS IS NOT A BEST OR MOST PALYED ARMY FORM, this is just what your favoite army is in 40k.
since there is not enough room, IG/daemon hunters/wichhunters is merged so please tell which one you like out of the three if you vote

holmcross
31-03-2009, 02:58
__<army>__ are my favorite one because I enjoy the __<specific gameplay style>__ and I love the fluff because it's __<storyline feature or theme thats appealing>__. I also love the __<specific detail>__ asthetic to the __<army>__.

warchild9
31-03-2009, 03:29
Sisters of battle.....the only army of all women killing in future designed by JES GOODWIN

blackroyal
31-03-2009, 03:50
__<army>__ are my favorite one because I enjoy the __<specific gameplay style>__ and I love the fluff because it's __<storyline feature or theme thats appealing>__. I also love the __<specific detail>__ asthetic to the __<army>__.

Seconded.

(In reality I voted IG)

Lyinar
31-03-2009, 04:03
Wait... There's an actual answer to this!? Only ONE?! PER PERSON?!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! **head explodes**

Codsticker
31-03-2009, 04:06
Although a little convenient for me as both DH and IG are my favourites, it's a little weird that they are one poll choice. :eyebrows:

FraustyTheSnowman
31-03-2009, 04:43
I put dark eldar, as even though I've not played a game with them yet, I love the concept. They don't worship chaos, their not part of the imperium. They just want to scare you tell you pee, capture you and abuse you tell you break, and sell lamp shades made out of your **** on ebay for cheep, undercutting the sweatshops in thighland, causing an economic downfall that rivals what's happening right now, quickly leading to widespread looting, rape, and murder...

Also, witchhunters, guard, and daemon hunters all in the same box? I love guard, but wouldn't put them as my favorite, as I'm sure with the new codex that's who's going to take the cake. I love sisters, but love crazy drugged out psycho elves more than neonazi magic nuns. But wouldn't vote there no matter what, as I hate daemon hunters. Good concept, done in a lame fashion, with over priced mediocer models. blagh.

dblaz3r
31-03-2009, 05:08
Ha, no love for the tau so far.
Mine? So hard to choose, each army appeals to me in different ways. I think tyranid's are at the top though.

John_J_Rambo
31-03-2009, 05:19
IG catachans is my army.:D

DarkReaver
31-03-2009, 05:23
I couldn't vote... There is no Lost & The Damned up there :D

Vaktathi
31-03-2009, 05:24
Why are the Inquisition lumped in with the Imperial Guard?

Tir'Shinarel
31-03-2009, 05:26
I have to vote for the Eldar on this one. Regardless of how they run, I love the backstory and novels too much. I felt a little cliched with some of the other races...maybe its me but I kinda like the idea of one race being completely telepathically linked and having the power to almost annihilate an entire universe on their own.

DvlDog
31-03-2009, 05:27
I'm going to have to go with Space Marines, not all Astartes mind you, although I do like some. I have a love for the Space Wolves, the aestetic, the fluff, the models, the play style, everything. They also have a degree of seperation from the rest, one of the ones chapters that people who hate Space Marines will oftentimes say "except for the Space Wolves, they're okay,"
They were my first army to play with after deciding between SM and Guard and then SW and Sallies. Now starting them up again (long story, my old ones are gone) and still love them.

John_J_Rambo
31-03-2009, 05:32
Why are the Inquisition lumped in with the Imperial Guard?

There is a limit of 10 options to polls. He lumped all of the Imperium forces(except for space marines) in the same option.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
31-03-2009, 05:49
I voted Orks, of course, being such an Orky Ork. Orks!

the1stpip
31-03-2009, 07:32
Its nice to see Dark Eldar joint third.

It may put a stop to the silly 'don't re-do Dark Eldar' threads of late...

NightrawenII
31-03-2009, 08:02
I voted Eldar but i have love for other armies too....... well except the Tau.:angel:

Deetwo
31-03-2009, 08:15
Daemons, by far :)
I do like my Eldar, SM and CSM as well, but nowhere near as much as my Chaos Daemons.

Radium
31-03-2009, 08:55
Eldar of course! Nowadays I wouldn't even touch other armies with a stick any more...

htj
31-03-2009, 10:08
I feel that Imperial Guard / Inquisition amalgam is getting an unfair advantage here.

Didn't stop me from voting for my precious Sisters though.

The boyz
31-03-2009, 10:54
My favourite army for 40k is IG.

AbyssRaven
31-03-2009, 13:18
Space Marines: The theme and hitory of certain chapters
Dark Eldar: Pure Evil
Eldar: Pure Win
tau: Cool theme

GIKvack
31-03-2009, 17:44
Its just got to be IG... this is one of the few games where we are the swarm army!

Sister_Sin
31-03-2009, 18:53
It's evolved from Salamanders to World Eaters to Sisters....but these days my favorite army is my own Eldar Craftworld army. I'm not terribly good with Eldar, but I love their background and especially their vehicles. From the old plastic and lead minis to now, I've had Saim-Hann and Ulthwe...now it's my own work.

Sometimes it takes a while to get somewhere.

Sister Sin

Eldarion
31-03-2009, 18:57
I love both Eldar and Blood Angels!

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
31-03-2009, 19:16
I voted Eldar but i have love for other armies too....... well except the Tau.:angel:

I second on that!

For me my top five are: 1. Eldar 2. Daemonhunters 3.Orks 4. Witch Hunters 5. Dark Eldar

Fafner_Ni
31-03-2009, 19:23
Imperial Guard, with Eldar in second.

Vepr
31-03-2009, 20:11
Probably should have lumped Chaos with Chaos daemon and then lumped in Daemon Hunters with Wich hunters and left IG on their own.

Tyranid all the way for me followed by Space Marines.

Nym
31-03-2009, 20:16
Argh, IG mixed with inquisition... You should have dropped the Tau instead, they're about to get eaten by Tyranids anyway ! :D

Voted Orks and Imperial Guardisition.

monopeludo
31-03-2009, 20:31
Demonhunters. GKT are some of the best models ever produced by GW.

laudarkul
31-03-2009, 21:29
IG/DH/WH...I hope that at the end of this year to have around 6000pts Guard, 2000 GK and some 1000 WH combined with 1000 =][= and =][= ST.

tacoo
01-04-2009, 02:36
eldar are in second place with forces im the imperium in first. if it was seperated i think eldar would probably be in first. i wish you could make 15 options max so you could list all the races

BTW my favorite is necrons. i love there fluff all the way and if they just were not so unplayable at the moment i would love them in tabletop. second is daemons just because i also like the fluff and saying"i dont care about your rending, i only got invulnerables" and who doesnt love giveing a nurgle daemonprince wings and imagining him just flapping through the air and killing stuff with his stench.

victorpofa
04-04-2009, 20:32
Personally, I like them all, but I voted IG and Orks.

Though I have multiple Marine armies and I do like the Wolves the most they are not my top favorite for army overall. Damn Abnett. :p

Orks are just fun. They are vicious with lots of sick humor. :evilgrin:

galahad67
05-04-2009, 02:17
Sisters of Battle

Wolf 11x
05-04-2009, 05:07
Tyranids. I love them!

Also, I like my Tau. I bought them when I was younger and into anime. However, I still really enjoy the models. I don't care for the fluff too much. However, being a young race with seemingly limitless potential is pretty cool.

Drakon
05-04-2009, 05:15
IG all the way. Whats better than a s**t load of cannon fodder :evilgrin:

destroyerlord
05-04-2009, 05:18
Imperial Guard for me. I've loved the Steel Legion ever since Armoggeddon, and forgeworld's death corps and vraksian traitors are fantastic. For me, the imperial guard embody what it is to live in the 41st millenium. Its tough, its gritty, and you are largely expendable in a galaxy full of horrors worse than you could imagine. Not only that, but you and your mate are actually at the bottom of the feeding chain when it comes to alian species. Only the legendary space marines are humanites saviour, but they are so few and far between they might as well be legend to the average joe.

maelstrom66669
05-04-2009, 05:54
Chaos marines all the way