PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for converting Easterling War-Priests

pyremius
31-03-2009, 05:13
I think the title says it all. What ideas have people come up with thus far for converting War-Priests? I'll admit I've become rather too spoiled with the Marine line, and the lack of extra limbs, etc. doesn't give me many ideas to start from.

jaws900
31-03-2009, 08:42
I could sugesst uing a Elf Stormcastr's arms. as the arms can easily be repainted in the easterling colours. If your skilled with green stuff you can namipulate the arms too. then it's a matter of finding the easyist easterling to convert.

lorelorn
31-03-2009, 09:04
I had the same thought. The results of a very short investigation was: I don't need to convert - Heresy do a rnage of figures that fit almost perfectly the look of the easterling priest (for me). Dark Brethren Tunnel Guard, though you may prefer the Tunnel Priest with the helm, maybe with a dragon themed staff rather than what he comes with.

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/brethren.htm

jaws900
01-04-2009, 08:54
However Green stuff armour may be required.

lorelorn
01-04-2009, 09:10
I'd imagined the war-priest as being unarmoured or lightly armoured, plus I'm a Paul Muller tragic so I like these guys.

If you wanted to keep the look of the easterling armour, it's probably best to look at converting one of those figures - I'd suggest bare, bald head and staff would do the trick.

takaetun
01-04-2009, 09:18
I'd suggest the opposite, an armoured head, reminiscent of the Chaplains in 40k. If I was doing one, I'd probably have some kind of scowling face mask, if not a full helm, with a hammer maybe - more like a Warrior Priest of Sigmar than a mage.