PDA

View Full Version : 40k figures for use in INQ

Nasha
31-03-2009, 11:28
hey hey all
right after seeing someones ogryn that is used as a Mutant in 54mm Scale games i was trawling through my copy of the FW Mag and found the renegade ogryns and i love that one with the pick
so how do 40k scale minis work in 54mm Inq Scale games?
kerby

precinctomega
31-03-2009, 13:17
Not many translate directly, but there are a few. The Daemon Prince models work well as power armoured sorcerers or even (slightly short) chaos space marines. Ogres and Ogryns are pretty good as Squats. WFB Chaos Ogres make great feral mutants.

Other than that, it's mostly bitz. Backpacks, pouches, weapons, hands (plastic marine hands work well on female 54mm models), auspexes and suchlike all translate nicely.

R.

Catferret
07-04-2009, 18:39
The Renegade ogryn with pick fits quite well as a hunched mutant miner. I've got one just for that purpose. The different proportions and slight shortness are explained away with his mutant status and years of hard grafting in cramped conditions.

Nasha
08-04-2009, 17:46
kool my friend uses a slightly modified ogryn as an abhuman kick ass guy lol (cant explain it very well)
he looks quite good actually just a tad shorter then devlan

Hlokk
19-04-2009, 13:09
Im a big advocate of plastic rat ogres, I have 6 on 60mm round bases and their brilliant for seriously far gone mutants

Also, nid warriors will convert very easily into termigants and hormagants.

abhorsen950
11-07-2009, 21:24
Im thinking of using a daemon prince for an inquisitor

ABH

Ynek
12-07-2009, 18:04
Daemon princes are rather tempting to convert into inquisitor scale chaos characters.

The forge world khornate daemon prince would make a perfect bloodletter, with a bit of tweaking, and the GW "power armoured" daemon prince would make a perfect chaos space marine, with a little adjusting.

I've also seen some good squat and mutant conversions based upon ork warboss and ork nob models...

But after a recent game this weekend, I realised the true potential of necron scarab swarms. Probably the best GM-NPC versus PC game I've ever played...

abhorsen950
12-07-2009, 19:40
funnily enough ive posted on here but im using Ogre Bulls from FB as squats obviously throwing in 40k weapons and alot of GS (something that ive never used) but hopefully my skill with it will improve

best of look if you find a model you want to use

ABH

lord sephiroth
12-07-2009, 20:49
the 40k deamon prince makes a great inq. scale marine with small amounts of conversion...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/jamessearle0/malachifron.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/jamessearle0/DSC00786.jpg

precinctomega
13-07-2009, 08:31
Keep your eyes peeled for the new plastic daemon prince models, expected out in the next 6-9 months! Very good for traitor marines and daemons in INQ.

R.

abhorsen950
13-07-2009, 16:36
yeah that would be sweet!
So would people be cool with using tyranid warriors to convert into tyranid hoarmagaunts?

ABH

kaled
13-07-2009, 17:27
So would people be cool with using tyranid warriors to convert into tyranid hoarmagaunts?Yes, if you put some effort in I believe you could create convincing Hormagaunts by converting Tyranid Warriors - however it wouldn't just be as simple as plonking a few warriors down on the table and saying 'Look - they're gaunts'.

As to whether gaunts are appropriate in Inquisitor - see MarcoSkoll's answer elsewhere.

Ghost Rain
13-07-2009, 17:36
There are creatures that were said to be decendants of vanguard organisms that divorced from their hive fleet. And these organisms evolved into non-standard Tyranids in order to survive better while away from there parent fleet.

Charax
13-07-2009, 17:47
and I'm sure such creatures would have a great interest in the Battle for the Emperor's Soul.

kaled
13-07-2009, 18:05
A secret meeting gone wrong in a forest clearing on a deathworld populated by these sorts of creatures would be one way to use them. Or I always thought a scenario similar to the story where a Tyranid Grabber-Slasher hunts Kryptmann could be an interesting way to introduce Tyranids into the game.

Ghost Rain
13-07-2009, 18:11
I am just making a suggestion on how tyranid peices can be used to make such creatures, since clearly someone has an interest in including tyranids in his/her campaign.

Perhaps a xenobiologist is after his own agenda to study such creatures instead of actually having an interest in aiding the inquisitor that included him into his warband.

Maybe an inquisitor part of Ordo Xenos is on a mission to exterminate a certain threat caused by these organism.

I am just throwing ideas out there.

Discy Mk II
21-07-2009, 11:11
I converted a mutant out of the BFSP Troll. Just chopped off the hands, stuck on an 40k Ork big shoota and choppa blade as implant weapons, and viola! One mutant. The pictures are on the Conclave- oh, damn, thats right... :cries: