PDA

View Full Version : With the new stormtrooper what will happen to the old inquisitorial ones

captainramoz
31-03-2009, 13:51
What do you think will happen with inquisitorial stormtroopers now that they are going to release a brand new imperial guard codex with new stormtroopers rules

Deetwo
31-03-2009, 13:54
Ruleswise? Nothing.
DH and WH books will still use their inquisitorial stormtroopers as is.

Radium
31-03-2009, 14:05
What will happen is a lot of whining on warseer about how INQ storm troopers suck.

Mannimarco
31-03-2009, 14:10
agreed, remember stormshields being improved for the marine codex but everybody else is stuck with the old ones, how about rhinos being cheaper and carrying more?

if you opponent is cool with it see if he will let you use the updated rules for the models instead of the old ones

Godgolden
31-03-2009, 14:12
agreed, remember stormshields being improved for the marine codex but everybody else is stuck with the old ones, how about rhinos being cheaper and carrying more?

if you opponent is cool with it see if he will let you use the updated rules for the models instead of the old ones

Actually Dark angels for a FAQ saying you can...

and yes i would prefer cheaper rhinos and rhino varients than more expensive stormies.

all in all, nothing will happen until the inquisitorial armys get remade.

Kurisu313
31-03-2009, 14:19
What do you think will happen with inquisitorial stormtroopers now that they are going to release a brand new imperial guard codex with new stormtroopers rules

Well, if you're smart you'd ally your Inquisitors and Grey Knights/Sisters of Battle to an IG army with stormtroopers rather than inducting guard into your inquisition army.

Also, this would let you put your Inquisitor in a valkyrie which is fluffy and cool. I think you could also put the GK/SOB's in, but holy hell is that a fluff nightmare.

But unless GW FAQ it, Inquisitorial Stormtroopers won't change ruleswise. But really, do you want your cheap troop choice to go up to 16 points each and only being useful against armour save 3+ guys?

Havock
31-03-2009, 14:21
the old stormies were betetr than the new ones, and the old ones were already quite overpriced.

EldarBishop
31-03-2009, 14:39
But unless GW FAQ it, Inquisitorial Stormtroopers won't change ruleswise. But really, do you want your cheap troop choice to go up to 16 points each and only being useful against armour save 3+ guys?

No, I don't want =][= troopers to cost more than my Sisters do... that's just silly. (Not that I use =][= troopers anyway).

rottahn
31-03-2009, 14:47
Actually Dark angels for a FAQ saying you can...

and yes i would prefer cheaper rhinos and rhino varients than more expensive stormies.

all in all, nothing will happen until the inquisitorial armys get remade.

the DA FAQ is very confusing, and it leaves a lot to interpertation. GW should just man up and say that all the imperial marines should use the new rules for equipment/vehicles from the newest codex:space marines codex. the terms "should" and "honor" are hard to regulate with rules.

captainramoz
31-03-2009, 15:51
so unless f.a.q save the day inquisition has lost a very important troop
I think ill use da as allies or make an entire sob list

Deetwo
31-03-2009, 15:53
so unless f.a.q save the day inquisition has lost a very important troop
I think ill use da as allies or make an entire sob list

They haven't lost anything.
IST are a lot cheaper, they didn't suddenly get worse.

captainramoz
31-03-2009, 15:55
They haven't lost anything.
IST are a lot cheaper, they didn't suddenly get worse.
Relatively worse
The new are a 160 points worthed supermarinekilli unit

Deetwo
31-03-2009, 15:57
And the old ones are a scoring unit with 2 plasmaguns for 70 points. I really wouldn't call that bad.

captainramoz
31-03-2009, 16:02
And the old ones are a scoring unit with 2 plasmaguns for 70 points. I really wouldn't call that bad.
Well if you put it that way still its a pitty imagine what I could do with an inquisitor grey knights and core ap3 shots in a rhino:rolleyes:

Kurisu313
31-03-2009, 16:06
Well if you put it that way still it's a pity imagine what I could do with an Inquisitor, Grey Knights and core ap3 shots in a rhino:rolleyes:

Really badly? Seriously, that'd be horrible. GK's are already overpriced. Increasing the price of your 'cheap' troops choice would completely screw you. Especially if you play against orks or guard. Neither army has a 3+ save unit*, so you'd be paying an extra six points per model for no benefit.

*Well, Techpreists Enginseers

Xelloss
31-03-2009, 16:20
I would prefer wait and see how IG players manage to handle the new STs before to make an opinion on the subject...

But new STs sure mean a good thing for inq. armies : hoping for getting our first plastic unit ! yeah !

captainramoz
01-04-2009, 02:01
Really badly? Seriously, that'd be horrible. GK's are already overpriced. Increasing the price of your 'cheap' troops choice would completely screw you. Especially if you play against orks or guard. Neither army has a 3+ save unit*, so you'd be paying an extra six points per model for no benefit.

*Well, Techpreists Enginseers
I don't see them as overpriced
they are an elite army after all

Darkspear
01-04-2009, 02:16

Yes I will. Old Inquisition stormstroopers are useless pieces of sh** anyway. The best use for them is to spend 70 points and take 2 plasma guns. I rather pay 10 more points for 5 of the new guys.

At least now they have a use compared to Sisters of Battle (who are correctly priced)

zoodog
01-04-2009, 02:23
A stormtrooper is not an IST even much more clearly then a deathwing terminator is not an ultramarine terminator.
I do not expect any "new codexes change old codexs" rules until at least 6th edition. Thus this is seemingly more of a tactics thread as the ally and induction can let you put both in the same army.

HiveFleetEzekial
01-04-2009, 02:45
Why is this in Rules?? There's no question on uncler rules, just speculation on yet to be released ones. This should be in General Discussion!

captainramoz
01-04-2009, 02:52
Why is this in Rules?? There's no question on uncler rules, just speculation on yet to be released ones. This should be in General Discussion!
I though it was rules but well you are the master how do I move it:p

HiveFleetEzekial
01-04-2009, 03:18
Well Rules is for questions about unclear rules. If you have a problem with one, suspect someone of cheating, just want to make 100% certain on how something works, this is the place. Otherwise, there's other sections depending on the subject.

As for moving it, just PM a mod and ask one of them. They're usualy more than happy to help out. :D

ehlijen
01-04-2009, 04:00
I think this is a valid topic for the rules forum. The question is how will the upcoming changes for IG stormies affect the rules for other stormies. Just because the answer is 'not at all actually' does not mean it's not a rules question.

philbrad2
01-04-2009, 16:56
I though it was rules but well you are the master how do I move it:p

Only a master of evil Darth ....

Agreed. Moving.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines

captainramoz
02-04-2009, 01:57
Only a master of evil Darth ....

Agreed. Moving.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines
Thank you men

Ser_Spazz
02-04-2009, 03:06
In a sisters army, more "elite" stormies might be pretty damn cool to have for all comers lists. Chimera a group of the new stormies (Ooooh, or Valk em) up and wreak holy hell on your opponents 3+ guys. This won't be terribly useful against anything without 3+ but even so, a Valk riding Stormies squad deploying anywhere within 24" makes for a nightmare of last minute objective grabbing fun. allied with Sisters, it could make for some scary Fast Attack armies with a ton of punch short range that people cannot counter. Three Retribution Squads in Immolators with Heavy Flamers, 2 Seraphim Squads, 1 Valk Squad, 1 Officer that gives you Stormies as troops, 2 stormie troops mounted in Valks, and a squad or two of sisters in rhinos.

Thats the kind of army that could cover a board in 2 turns with bodies dishing a ton of hurt.

This is just pure speculation of course.

The Spaz

Codsticker
02-04-2009, 03:48
the old stormies were betetr than the new ones, and the old ones were already quite overpriced.
Yep.

...and they are not great. I use two units in Rhinos for drive-by plasma-shooting and they are essentially throw-away squads.

Vaktathi
02-04-2009, 03:53
INQ stormies will remain as they are, they will not get updated to be like the ones in the IG codex.

That said, it's not that big of a deal, both versions cost far and away too much for what they do, and will remain flavor units more than anything else except for IST's as 70pt plasma suicide squads. The new IG ones can't even do that. To hell with AP3 and their special deployment rules, give me assault 3 AP5 or even - and back to 10 pts any day of the week.