PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at large targets

GreenSpeed
31-03-2009, 14:28
Quick question about shooting at large targets, if you have a 5x4 ranked up unit of archers can all of them shoot at a large target? This is the case for shooting at hills (all ranks can shoot at enemy on hills) but does it also apply to large targets, came up in a game yesterday but couldnt find it in the rulebook.

Malorian
31-03-2009, 14:39
Yes everyone can shoot and yes it's in the book.

Can't give you a pg # as I don't have it on me.

Nuada
31-03-2009, 14:41
Yes you can. It's early on in the book.

I've done this with a unit of 60 goblins, (10x6 ranks) with 60 poisonous arrows against a HE Dragon. Killed it. Not the best tactic, but worth the look was priceless :)

Mercules
31-03-2009, 14:52
I use this all the time against things like Giants. 20 Gnoblars with x2 shots = 40 shots. Enough to actually do 3 wounds per turn against a Giant who usually doesn't have an armor save. ;)

GreenSpeed
31-03-2009, 15:10
Thanks, I had been playing with this rule but just couldnt find the page during the game yesterday to prove it. anyone know what page?

Urgat
31-03-2009, 15:35
Yes you can. It's early on in the book.

I've done this with a unit of 60 goblins, (10x6 ranks) with 60 poisonous arrows against a HE Dragon. Killed it. Not the best tactic, but worth the look was priceless :)

Yup, I did finally find a great use for that spider banner thanks to that rule. If I know I'm going to face really annoying large targets, and that I know the guy had no qualms about tayloring his list, well, I pop up the BSB gob with spider banner in a unit of gob archers. Evil :D (and gives me a taste of what LM players enjoy with their bloody skinks :p )

Whitehorn
31-03-2009, 15:37
I'm pretty certain it's early on, in the Line of Sight rules.

Ultimate Life Form
31-03-2009, 15:52
I use this all the time against things like Giants. 20 Gnoblars with x2 shots = 40 shots. Enough to actually do 3 wounds per turn against a Giant who usually doesn't have an armor save. ;)

Quite emberrassing for the Giant, if you think about it, being felled by 20 little buggers armed with pebbles. He gets his revenge when he falls on them though...

Dr.Mercury
31-03-2009, 16:42
I think it is page 6 or 7 of the BfSP mini rulebook. Not sure on the brb.

Mid'ean
31-03-2009, 17:06
It's on pg 8 mini-book-section-Interposing models, near the end of the section.

Keller
31-03-2009, 17:20
This is the case for shooting at hills (all ranks can shoot at enemy on hills). Looks like another rule I've overlooked or atleast forgotten about. I'll have to look this up and make a reference note to bring up next time we play.

I could have a whole new rulebook with all of my reference notes, I think...

Mercules
31-03-2009, 17:34
Yes, it is also fun to wait at the bottom of an intervening hill with 2 units of Gnoblar Fighters. Unit ends up on the hill, has to stop an 1" away from them and thus is still on the hill, and 80 shots of sharp stuff head their way on my turn. Doesn't happen often, but I like to chuckle when I have to roll several times because I can't fit all my dice for the attack in my hands. I get to do that TWICE too. :) 40 dice, then 40 more. :)

rtunian
31-03-2009, 19:04
p.9 of brb under "hills and elevated positions" is the blurb that says units on the ground may shoot with back ranks at large targets or units on hills. also on p.9 is where it says you can shoot at large targets and units on hills even over interposing models (that aren't large targets)

p.26 of brb under "missile fire from hills" is the blurb that says units on hills can fire with 1 additional rank