PDA

View Full Version : Want a non-marine army...whats your vote?

chrismp_123
31-03-2009, 19:01
Iyanden? Love the paint scheme and never ran Eldar before.
Necron? Easy to paint and pretty cheap to build a army.
Khorne Berzerkers? Really cheap and never ran chaos.

My current army is the Crimson Fists. I want to build a non marine army because it really seems that almost everyone plays marines or Chaos marines. I leaning toward Iyanden. Not to sure about Khorne because I really want a non-marine army...even chaos marines. Necrons look neat and can be cheap to build but they are a bit boring.

AbyssRaven
31-03-2009, 19:09
Khorne are marine :p

I vote Eldar its a very different play style to Marines.

Captain Micha
31-03-2009, 19:12
Necrons are alot of fun when you run the right kind of Cron list.

I run a double Wraith wing right now. It's got a healthy mix of shooting and assault.

I might give Flayed ones a chance some day again.. but they just suck so hard. I can't even look at the awesome models and daydream about doing it.

I was -this- close (holds fingers really close together) to voting Inyaden though. It's the Eldar army I want to start as well. :D I like the paint scheme, but more importantly I love Wraith Guard and Wraith Lords.

SimonL
31-03-2009, 19:23
Marines! Wait a minute... :p

I'd do Khorne Worldeaters. The Forgeworld models are incredible, and the new WFB Khorne Lord on Juggernaut is just begging to get converted into 40k. There are some other awesome WFB Khorne Champions that could make excellent sergeants.

Kharn, despite being 15 years old, is still one (IMHO) of the best models GW makes.

Lordmonkey
31-03-2009, 19:38
Orks. Orks orks orks orks orks.

Laser guided fanatic
31-03-2009, 20:02
Blood For the Blood God
Skulls For the Skull Throne

Seriously if i ever start a non-imperium army it will be the kellogs guys

Sanctjud
31-03-2009, 20:25
You don't want marine, yet 2/3 of the choices are MEQ's.... just pick Eldar, that's prob. the easiest 'different' army to choose out of the list.

My 7 Cents.

taffeh
31-03-2009, 20:42
Blood For the Blood God
Skulls For the Skull Throne

And fluff for the fluffy kitty god!

Crons seem a little 'hmm' right now and it'd be a good time to see some sort of release date for the new 'dex.

Khorne Marines is still Marines no matter what spin is on it.... Maybe a Daemon list?

Eldar -> fun if done right...

Lord Damocles
31-03-2009, 20:44
Khorne in this case is a Marine army (spikey Marines are still Marines - don't tell the Chaos players though...)

Necrons are for masochists

Iyanden is what all the cool kids have :cool:

Bunnahabhain
31-03-2009, 21:13
One choice was spiky MARINES.
One choice was less than interesting metal almost marines.
Therefore Eldar was the only choice.

laudarkul
31-03-2009, 21:20
Go for Eldar...They offer a much variety of playing.

O&G'sRule
31-03-2009, 21:21
eldar out of them 3, the others aren't different enough to SM if you really want a change. Personally I'd do Orks or Nids though

Lord Damocles
31-03-2009, 21:30
the others aren't different enough to SM
Stat wise no... but Necrons are about as far from Marines as you can get on the beatdown scale currently.

Zujara
31-03-2009, 22:41
The cost of wraithguard is fairly high, but if you can afford it or plan to convert your own I say Iyanden.

Pacific
31-03-2009, 22:46
Well, as Necrons are marines with a cockroach ability, and Beserkers are marines, I voted for the Eldar :)

Blackwolf
01-04-2009, 03:50
$.02 Necrons are pretty much a MEQ, Korn are Marines, and Iyanden if you plan on useing wraith gaurd and wraithlords it is still basically a MEQ. I say paint the models you get in any colors you want, and if you don't want MEQ then build a list that is not full of 3+ saves. Of the three listed you could do it with Eldar but you would want to leave dead in the graves.

Drakon
01-04-2009, 04:30
eldar as stated before they are teh least marine like army youve given to choose.

galahad67
01-04-2009, 05:16
go for khorne

the real khornate force

bloodletters, bloodcrushers, soulgrinders and a wee bit of help from your subservient daemonic friends...

holmcross
01-04-2009, 05:41
Necrons are the weakest codex out right now, I doubt you'd enjoy them.

The average 40k player seems to have the comprehension skills of a 6 year old, so it's likely the 'crons getting the marine makeover in the next codex.

Spend your money elsewhere, would be my suggestion.

The_Outsider
01-04-2009, 10:16
ITT we forget that daemons exist.

Sir_Turalyon
01-04-2009, 11:29
Given the options... Eldar