PDA

View Full Version : 2k HE vs. Empire

pariah.stevo.52
31-03-2009, 19:20
heres what i got. i am a 40k vet, but a complete newbie to fantasy, so feel free to harshly state the obvious.

Dragon mage- lv2 guardian pheonix
Korhil
Mage- high magic, lv2 sacred insence, silver wand

8 Silverhelms, champion' musician, standard, shields
15 white lions champion musician , standard
lion chariot

10 achers
16 spearmen
16 spearmen

Bolt Thrower

the idea is that the Dragon mage, helms and chariot charge, the lions with spearmen at there flanks march forward, with the mage giving them ward saves.
my biggest concern is that he fields 2 hellfire volley guns, and a steam tank. not to mention several great cannons. he then maxes out on large squads of troops along with some outriders. i thought about taking some great eagles to get the guns but without terrian intervention, i don't see them lasting till turn two to assalt them. I also feel that with consentrated fire, he can down the dragon in one turn, especcially since it is the only immediate threat in the army. So how do i take out the guns? Also, what should i equip my characters with. im trying to give the mage more surviablilty so i can get him in close combat. thanks

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:39
Silverhelms are pointless. Compare them to dragon princes and the points you save just aren't worth the stats you lose. Make the units smaller and drop the champ to make up the points for the upgrade.

Empire has a lot of shooting, so that dragon mage will probably be in trouble.

pariah.stevo.52
01-04-2009, 00:32
ok, i was really trying not to use princes due to there Money cost, but it seems like they will work to good for me to do that.

I replaced the helms with 10 princes. and dropped the archers, since they seem to be pointless. I also had a tironic chariot that i didnt put in my last post. i also took off the guardian phoenix on the dragon mage and gave him a seer staff and ward of protection. I also gave dropped the sacrad insense on my mage and gave him two powers stones. am i giveing my mages to many dice or am i just right?

WhiteLion
01-04-2009, 12:39
ok, i was really trying not to use princes due to there Money cost, but it seems like they will work to good for me to do that.

I replaced the helms with 10 princes. and dropped the archers, since they seem to be pointless. I also had a tironic chariot that i didnt put in my last post. i also took off the guardian phoenix on the dragon mage and gave him a seer staff and ward of protection. I also gave dropped the sacrad insense on my mage and gave him two powers stones. am i giveing my mages to many dice or am i just right?

Best dragonmage item is the silver wand, since the way the DM works, it's like an extra power die.

Silver helms are cheaper, so if they are all you can fit in the list, they can work. They are still heavy cav and are more worth sending at warmachines or shooters or defending your own. Though, yes it is pretty much agreed that DP are better, i also prefer them (and silver helms) in small units.