PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this apoc idea?

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:32
So I'm moving into a new house and, just like we did for the last one, we are ringing it in with a huge game.

At this point we are at the planning stage and I'm trying to weed out any problems before the game.

So take a look and tell me what you think and if you see any flaws.

Background:

Lord Davidicus has been a major pain in the sides of the imperium of man. His raids in the name of chaos have led to the destruction of a dozen worlds and is responsible for the deaths of millions.

Now has come the time for his down fall. Marneus Calgar has been charged with the mission to attack Lord Davidicus at his home base, Dark Soul Castle, and bring him to justice for his crimes.

The Game:

The game will be an apocalypse game set at ~6000 points between space marines and chaos (remember that for each 250 point difference the opponent gets another stratagem) on a roughly 5X9 foot table with a time limit of 5 hours.

The Board:

The board will represent a fortress that stretches across 6 inches back from a line drawn diagonally across the board from edge to edge. The chaos player will control the fortress side and the space marine player will control the other side which will have a few ruins and defensive positions. The fortress will have three gates (one in the center and one in the middle of the two segregated sides) and within it there will be a command center and an ammo dump. On the marine side there will be a command center landing pad.

The Rules:

-The space marine player must have Marneus Calgar.
-The chaos player must have Davidicus.
-Only infantry from the troop section can claim objectives.
-Outflank is banned.
-Scout moves and infiltrate is banned.
-The objectives will be the three gates, the command centers, ammo dump, and landing pad. In addition Lord Davidicus and Marneus Calgar are each worth an objective point to their opponent if killed.

Lord Davidicus:

-265 points (just like Calgar)
-(WS 6)(BS 5)(S 4)(T 4)(I 6)(A 4(5))(W 3)(Ld 10)(Sv 2+/4++)
-Armor of Darkness: 2+ save and can not be instantly killed
-Chaos storm shield: 4+ ward and attacks that roll a 1 to hit in combat are resolved on the attacker.
-Hay'dun's Talon: Counts as a powerfist that can either always reroll to hit or strike at initiative order.
-Plasma pistol
-Mark of khorne (+1 attack)(included in profile)
-Feel no pain
-Lord of the Legion of Darkness: all friendly chaos units within 18 inches may use his leadership and reroll and tests they are forced to make, and any unit joined by him gains +1 attack, +1 initiative, and feel no pain.

lantzkev
31-03-2009, 19:39
confering FNP is just insane... and power fists striking at initiative? again, you're really handicaping your marine opponents with this cheese ball.

I'd definatly up his point cost.

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:44
Just for the record I'm the marine player and being that I have a lot more apoc experience I'm ok being handicaped a bit ;)

Is FNP really that bad in apoc? With all the large blasts and everything it's not really going to matter until they get into combat.

I'm basically just trying to make him cool enough to be worth 265 points and be interesting.

Cythus
31-03-2009, 19:45
Lord Davidicus is a bit too good, powerfist striking at iniative is very good and if that was removed i'd say maybe with your personal situation

however, apart from that it sounds great: the marines (you) will really be up against it and i'd love to see some pics of the fortress

ancient_conflict
31-03-2009, 19:47
seen as though the choas have the defensive advantage the SM player should get some form of Points bonus that isn't counted towards how many free strategems one side gets

i would say 1000 points maybe more. but they are going to be attacking troops that have the advantage

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:50
What if the space marine player got the first turn? Would that make up for it?

CULCHAIN
31-03-2009, 19:51
just give abbies stats and your set

Laser guided fanatic
31-03-2009, 19:53
How about on turn 6 or something the Lord and his possy of termies teleport in to see what the fuss is all about.

Malorian
31-03-2009, 19:54
You guys seem pretty worried about this one character.

This is a 6000ish point game after all. There is only so much one character can do...

I mean one void grenade and it's all over (if I was mean).

lantzkev
31-03-2009, 19:54
My favorite thing about apoc games is creating a scenario where a necron or tyranid nest erupts at a random point dropping equal mobs in equal areas that were pre-determined.

Malorian
31-03-2009, 20:05
Oh, and if you are wondering about super heavies, I won't be taking any (all I own are ork ones) and he might take a baneblade. So for the most part this will just be a TON of infantry backed up by a handful of tanks on either side.

LonelyPath
31-03-2009, 21:46
With all the firepower about in Apoc battles, that character isn't to much of a threat. The mission sounds like fun, I hope we get to see pictures of the fortress and maybe a bat rep n the game someday :)

Malorian
31-03-2009, 21:48
Well I could do a battle report but don't expect anything amazing.

We plan to make the fortress out of books and a few towers we had made ;)

Gimp
31-03-2009, 22:38
Its always great to theme apoc games (and lay down some rules so its not to chaotic).

I have always wanted to do a Storm of Iron theme.

Attacking Chaos with traitors (IG) vs defending Marines with IG. Add in some Titans and your set.