PDA

View Full Version : Best Orky Klan

SmashemTaBitsa
14-12-2005, 19:06
Just curious what you all feel is the best klan for everyone's favorite greenskins. Feel free to vote based on fluff, rules, colors or whatever, just vote your favorite, and perhaps post why.

Grimaldus
14-12-2005, 19:09
Definately has to be Goffs.

starlight
14-12-2005, 19:10
Blood Axe for background, sadly the rules don't reflect this.:(

Icarus
14-12-2005, 19:35
I think the Kult of Speed is great. The only thing better than a horde of murderous Orks is a horde of murderous Orks in Trukks!

Wolf Lord Duregar
14-12-2005, 19:37
Goffs!:cool:

I love their playing style as well as background and looks. Load up on choppas, sluggas get a Grot-screen in front of you and run towards the skumgrod and krump īim real good!:D Thatīs Life!

The other klans have their coolness too but Goffs are the propaī Orks! ;) Barbarian, aggressive and brutal!

Toppan
14-12-2005, 19:39
tch, everyone knows feral is the only way to go.

Puffin Magician
14-12-2005, 19:41
Bad Moonz, because we luvz ur teef an gizmos.

Flash Gitz as a core unit? Battlewagons as standard? Yes please. And we all know Nazdreg is a better tactician than Ghazghkull.

Red unz may go fasta but the Bad Moonz got more blasta!

The Dragon Reborn
14-12-2005, 20:25
I love to play against speed freaks, very very fun games those are

TWB
14-12-2005, 20:30
Feral=snakebites, CoS=Evilsuns.

Sneaky Gits are the best, Blood Axes.

Eulenspiegel
14-12-2005, 20:46
The Evil Sunz are not the same as the Kult of Speed?
If they really arenīt (which I doubt), theyīre close enough not to warrant two different options IMO.

Bulwark
14-12-2005, 20:52
If they really arenīt (which I doubt), theyīre close enough not to warrant two different options IMO.

QFE.

And yes, Evil Suns are proper orks. Crazy gits on machines swinging choppas around. Can't get much more orky than that!

sulla
14-12-2005, 20:56

Well, by that logic, snakebites and feral orks...

I chose Blood Axes. I'm not a fan of the garish camoflage quote that GW keep regurgitating (I'm not a huge fan of comedy Orks), but I love the rest of their fluff and I just keep thinking of that brilliant old picture of a blood axe army with the warboss being advised by a commissar.

starlight
14-12-2005, 20:56
Quoted from IX Klans:

Any new Ork tribe will begin life in the `feral` stage, appearing from the wreckage of a long-passed Waaagh! The Snakebites choose to remain in primitive state, believing it to be more 'Orky'. If you wish to represent a truly primitive tribe then use the Feral Ork army list, but don`t feel constrained into painting them as Snakebites - every new tribe has to start somewhere!

The Evil Sunz list represents a force drawn from that particular clan, but not one that has followed the precepts of the so-called `Kult of Speed` to its full extent (yet!).

If you wish to represent an Ork, army that has taken its love of all things loud, fast and red to an extreme, then simply use the Kult of Speed list in Codex: Armageddon. Just as the Feral Ork list represents the beginnings of an Ork tribe, so the Kuft of Speed represents a particular evolutionary pinnacle that many Ork tribes may reach - not just the Evil Sunz.

As far as Blood Axe lists not suiting the Background, it's mostly a matter of the Compulsory Troop choice blowing chunks. I *have* to take *two* of the smallest, weakest unit in the List.:mad: I don't have enough room for Troops anyway, now I have to give up two slots for a unit I never take anyways?:wtf: Heck, I prefer the Death Skulls Loota list over the Blood Axes.:(

Yorkiebar
14-12-2005, 20:58
Snakebites. We'll have none of those un-orky ideas the Blood Axes come up with.

Ravening Wh0re
14-12-2005, 21:08
Snakebite, of course

warmasterbubba
14-12-2005, 21:41
Bad Moon, well the old Bad Moon. They used to be really cool in 2nd ed. 3rd ed Orks dont even count to me, cus they aint the Orks I remember.

Wolf Lord Duregar
14-12-2005, 21:45
Heck, I prefer the Death Skulls Loota list over the Blood Axes.Iīve found that most of the Klan-lists are not as good as the Freebooterz-list (Codex) but much more fun!:D

I can easily make my Goffz from the Codex and use the same stuff. I wonīt get those free Big Horns though, but itīs waay more flexible (more fast attack for example) and easier to get enough troops in. Still I use it...;)

Black-Tooth
14-12-2005, 21:47
The Blood Axe rules reflect their rules perfectly; no good sneaky gits! :evilgrin:

starlight
14-12-2005, 21:57
Maybe it's just my aversion to the Kommandos selection.:(

starlight
14-12-2005, 22:43
As far as I'm concerned the only advantage to the Klanz lists is the number of Looted Vehicles allowed. Otherwise, meh.

dneff23
14-12-2005, 23:08
Bad Moons all da way!!! Dere is nothin better than shootin bullets into some stinkin Goffs before we bash dem over da ead wit our guns!!!

elotsip
14-12-2005, 23:15
Feral=snakebites, CoS=Evilsuns.

Sneaky Gits are the best, Blood Axes.

Your assumptions are incorrect. Any klan become a kult of speed. And snake bites and ferals are different as well.

But Da Deff Skullz are da best klan. Da like nicking oomie bits and kit bashing wrecked and looted tanks tagevver!

CELS
14-12-2005, 23:21
Deaf Skullz. They have that cool blue face paint.

"Aye, scrap an ya may die, scurry, an you'll liv... erk-snorggg... at least a while. An dyin' in yer beds, many years from nows, wuud ya be willin' ter trade AWL da days, from this day ter dat, fer wun chanz, jus' wun chanz, ter cumz back 'ere an tell our enemies dat they may take away our livz, but they'll neva take... erk-snorggg... OUR FREEDOM!"

I love this site (http://hiddenway.tripod.com/waaagh/)!! :D

Rykion
14-12-2005, 23:26
Dead skulls are bestest. Uumies make da bestest stuff, they jus' need a lil' ork tekkee fingeez.

At least that is my message translated from the site CELS linked to.

Easy E
15-12-2005, 00:53
As far as Blood Axe lists not suiting the Background, it's mostly a matter of the Compulsory Troop choice blowing chunks. I *have* to take *two* of the smallest, weakest unit in the List.:mad: I don't have enough room for Troops anyway, now I have to give up two slots for a unit I never take anyways?:wtf: Heck, I prefer the Death Skulls Loota list over the Blood Axes.:(

I agree with Starlights quote. Sure, Blood Axes are sneaky gitz. Originally this was because they would use low cunning and tactics that other orks couldn't grasp. However, someone decided that sneaky gitz meant that they used a ton of Kommandos instead of using Kunning tactics and double crossing the other boyz.

I love Blood Axe background since the beginning. The fluff about the Big Party when Blood Axes were the bestest clan and then, all the other clans got fed up with those sneaky gitz tell'im what to do. They got together and straightened those zoggin' Blood Axez out. Now everyone knows that they aren't propa'

dumbuket
15-12-2005, 02:28
Well, they stink when you have 10-20 of them, but have you ever run a list of 90 kommandos? Gets interesting once you start to really load up...

cenpjas
15-12-2005, 03:06
I would love to say somthing other than speed freaks, but I would be lying. I find the normal ork list underwelming. I can not think of a good reason for using a horde army who slowly walk towards the bolters of doom, on foot or in tin cans... and cheap tin at that(as in poor quality).

-cen

Minister
15-12-2005, 03:13
Allways liked the Bad Moons. Mmmm... Opulent.

That, and the 2nd edition big gunz. My, but a shooty Ork army was fun.

boogle
15-12-2005, 03:31
Blood axes due to their ties with the Imperium

Rhamag
15-12-2005, 04:11
Would you say that the current codex is a true 'Freebooterz' list? Or just an average non-klan warband?

starlight
15-12-2005, 04:15
As is? Non-Klan warband - with the ability to simulate a Klan for a gamers who reads the old books. Sadly in it's current incarnation it's a lot of *meh*. Good at a lot of things, pretty good at a few things, great at nothing.:(

boogle
15-12-2005, 06:29
actually i think the main list leans a lot towards the Goffs

StugMeister
15-12-2005, 08:45
DeathSkull, Orks just look great with blue face paint!

Eulenspiegel
15-12-2005, 08:49
Maybe discussion is not the point of this thread, and I donīt want to earn the title of Discutator,

Well, by that logic, snakebites and feral orks...
but isnīt it quite the other way around? All Feral Orks are Snakebites, and all Speedfreaks are Evil Sunz?

(Though not all Snakebites are feral, and not all Sunz follow the Cult of Speed. Iīm aware of that.)

starlight
15-12-2005, 09:15
Erm, see post 14.:D

violenceha
15-12-2005, 09:18
normally i'd say bloodaxes, but ever since the feral ork list i've been so tempted, so many possible conversions, so much cool stuff

Eulenspiegel
15-12-2005, 09:20
Ooops, ....
I read "Snakebites are feral Orks", which would mean that Sulla disagreed with me.
Silly me :o :o :o

I guess itīt no point in hastily checking the threads when my boss isnīt looking :D

starlight
15-12-2005, 10:39
Well, Snakebites *are* Feral Orks......who choose to stay that way, whereas *any* Klan can use the Feral List for the early stages of it's development. Just like the same Klan can use the Speed Freeks List for one of the last stages of it's possible development. However, Evil Sunz are more likely to end up in this extreme.:D

Crube
15-12-2005, 11:17
Bad Moon for me. Aways been a favourite. More Teef :)

Stu
15-12-2005, 11:19
Kult of speed
Good fluff, good army on the battlefield, unfortunatly bad vehicles minis (eventually the orks will get new trucks and bikes).

CELS
15-12-2005, 11:20
Wow, I'm really surprised at the variety of the votes. Really cool. I'm especially surprised to see the popularity of Bad Moons, as I never really liked them very much. They're just so... bling.

squigsnok
15-12-2005, 12:07
It's gotta be Goffs. Use proppa orks for a proppa army. None of your panzee "looted guns" in my tribe.
Just the simple HIT-->AXE-->ENEMY-->HEAD formula.