PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service, GW!!

amazingdev2005
31-03-2009, 23:37
Hi all, I just wanted to spot some positive attitude towards GW.

I know their business decisions are a bit dicey towards the player/painter/modeler sometimes (no more bitz store? We have to use sites like TheWarStore.com and they're always out of the good bitz??) but I called up customer service to say I was skimped out of a horse model from my box of Glade Riders and they sent me another whole box because they don't have any more bitz themselves to send!!

Feel free to ignore this momentary uplift :)

-AD05

Eldarion
31-03-2009, 23:48
Gamesworkshop to be honest they've got great customer service.

Ultimate Life Form
31-03-2009, 23:50
Well, obviously, this should be in the GW forum, and when reading the title, I thought it was sarcastic. Donīt blame me, but after all you read here...

Tae
31-03-2009, 23:50
Yes they have always been relatively good at this sort of thing. I've found a few blisters/boxes with pieces missing and they've always sent me complete replacements, even when they did the bits.

Faeslayer
31-03-2009, 23:51
I had the same thing happen to me with a battlewagon. A whole battlewagon!

(think this is in the wrong forum, btw)

Eulogy2
01-04-2009, 01:54
i got an extra cold one in a lizardmen boxed army set. maybe i should call and say im mad cause i didnt get an extra rider to go with it:p

mweaver
01-04-2009, 01:56
I have always had great customer service from GW.

RohanCaptain
01-04-2009, 02:40
I bought a LOTR army of the dead set, and I was missing the King. I called them up, and they sent it to me right away, 2 days later, I had it for free at my house.

While this might be the wrong forum, it is nice to see that people can give credit when due.

lakissov
01-04-2009, 07:58
Yup, I have similar experiences - whenever something misses from the ordered things, they send it to you as soon as you let them know. And if they don't have that bit, they just send the whole box. Excellent customer service!

EmperorNorton
01-04-2009, 09:21
Sadly I don't have the same experience.
I tried to get a replacement for a faulty miniature twice, and twice the GW customer service refused to help me.

Count Zero
01-04-2009, 09:27
When i got my hydra as part of the DE spearhead it was missing 2 heads, and GW sent me a whole new hydra! and i was able to make the 2nd hydra up anyway using the chopped off head parts - double bonus :)

pililuk
01-04-2009, 09:36
When i bought a hydra, it had a bent foot that couldnt be bent back into position, 1 phone call later and i had a hydra on its way along witha free blister of executioners :D

Griffin
01-04-2009, 11:13
Their service is great.

The Red Scourge
01-04-2009, 18:07
...along witha free blister of executioners :D

First one is for free. An old marketing trick used by many street vendors of ill repute ;)

Alsharoth
01-04-2009, 18:11
Always do have good service, I was missing an exarch head form one of my 40K eldar sets and instead of sending a single exarch like I asked then set a hole complete box set.
Thumbs up for GW Customer service.

Pavic
01-04-2009, 20:20
Sadly I don't have the same experience.
I tried to get a replacement for a faulty miniature twice, and twice the GW customer service refused to help me.

Where it you purchase the miniatures? The big thing with GW making a replacement is that it has to come from a recognized store. If you get a bad blister off ebay or from many of the various online vendors, GW will not help, period.

That being said, I have always had excellent luck with getting issues handled, as long as I picked the model up from a store in the back of WD. That record might get shot in the foot soon however, as I had a missing handler in a razordon blister. I didn't have any hassle getting the replacement order in, but apparently GW is out of stock of Razordons, so I am still waiting for my replacement.

IcedCrow
01-04-2009, 20:34
I have always 100% had great service from them when I needed it.

phoenixlaw
01-04-2009, 20:37
My brother had a problem with a miscast model before, and they needed it to be sent back to them before they'd replace it (at his expense).
It was a Krootox rider. He's not bought directly from GW since

Eblis_Dead_Forever
01-04-2009, 20:52
I had a friend that ordered a Dark Eldar Battle Force from GW, a few mix ups and a month later he ended up with three. The same guy also had similar experiences with forge world and wound up with several vultyres and valkyres, as well as an aquilla. Lucky SoB.

PxDn Ninja
01-04-2009, 21:45
I picked up a unit of Blood Knights and was missing a horse. The Blood Knights are all Metal units and expensive, so I was very very unhappy. I called expecting a nightmare procedure (I used to work in an insurance call center, so I was familier with nightmare procedures) and a 5 minute call and everything was taken care of. I'm still in shock from it and that was months ago.

huitzilopochtli
01-04-2009, 22:04
Bought a box of shadow warriors with one missing, a phone call later and another box was on the way. I now have 9 plus a converted archer! :) Can't fault the service in any way.

enyoss
02-04-2009, 02:18
Where it you purchase the miniatures? The big thing with GW making a replacement is that it has to come from a recognized store. If you get a bad blister off ebay or from many of the various online vendors, GW will not help, period.

Well, unfortunately that just isn't true ;).

I bought a load of blisters online recently, had a problem with one, and my local GW store was more than happy to let me swap it for one instore. That was without any knowledge of whether the models were from a recognized store (or not, as was in fact the case).

That aside, I've had dozens of replacement models over the years from GWs customer service team, all of which have been hassle-free good will gestures.

They've definitely got the right strategy when it comes to customer service.

Sleazy
02-04-2009, 09:06

That being said, I have always had excellent luck with getting issues handled, as long as I picked the model up from a store in the back of WD. That record might get shot in the foot soon however, as I had a missing handler in a razordon blister. I didn't have any hassle getting the replacement order in, but apparently GW is out of stock of Razordons, so I am still waiting for my replacement.

Not true. Last year I contacted them after I had bought a Falcon from an online store and it was missing the clear canopies. I specifically told the fella where I had bought it which was why I was calling them rather than going to my local GW. I asked if they would be able to send me the canopies.

The helpful troll (they still call them that?) Said he couldnt send bitz but to make up for it they sent a whole new Falcon!

They didnt seem to care that it was bought thru an online indy. Superb.

Spider-pope
02-04-2009, 10:02
Another tale of great customer service here. I bought a box of Emperors Children CSM, with 1 missing backpack. Took it back in to see if they had a spare in their bits box, instead they gave me a whole new set in addition to the faulty one. Same thing happened when my sisters repentia boxset had one missing, another box free of charge.

And in the case of GW Grimsby the staff usually go beyond that level of customer service. I remember trying to get a copy of Horus Rising, when everywhere had sold out. Instead of just saying sorry try again later, the current manager gave me his copy for free to make up for it.

You can moan all you want about GW, but when it comes to customer service you cant fault them. I spent a majority of my old job calling on behalf of customers with faulty phones, consoles etc. and i can promise you that no company even comes close. Its rare to find one that will even answer the phone within an hour, let alone give away free stuff as compensation.

enyoss
02-04-2009, 10:18
And in the case of GW Grimsby the staff usually go beyond that level of customer service. I remember trying to get a copy of Horus Rising, when everywhere had sold out. Instead of just saying sorry try again later, the current manager gave me his copy for free to make up for it.

Similar story from one of the London stores. Although I'm not even regular there (i.e. I don't know any of the staff), when I went to buy the Warriors of Chaos book the manager lent me his personal copy for a week as they'd sold out. No deposit, nothing!

I wonder if we can now progress from agreeing about how great GW's customer service is, to finding the most outrageous display of customer satisfaction. :p