PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Beastmen tournament list

AFK in Life
01-04-2009, 00:23
1999 Beastmen tournament list

A local tournament is coming up that is 1999 points limit. I recently got my hands on a new beastmen army from a friend, he used to work at GW. The list I made up is kind of around an undivided shaman leading an army that contains units sent by all the gods to reward him for his success. The fluff would put it in an open area like, steppes style terrain, maybe by Kislev.

General
Bray Shaman
Lvl 2 wizard
Bray staff
Chaos Armor
Crown of thorns

Bray Shaman
LVL 2 wizard
Bray Staff
Mark of Nurgle

Bray Shamman
LVL 2 wizard
Bray Staff
Dispel scroll
Mark of Slaanesh

Beast herd
7 Gors
13 UnGors
Full command

11 Undivided Chariots

2 Chariots of Tzeentch

2 Chariots of Khorne

Composition wise its all core, with way more core then characters point wise.

Comments?

g0ddy
01-04-2009, 18:04
This... this is an army? O_o

EDIT : Perhaps I should be more constructive... What if you took a couple generic beast herds to fill out the army a bit? still maintaining a large number of chariots to "support" them...

Another note, at "1000" pts do you really need 10 power dice and 7 dispel dice? (... and two scrolls)

~ Zilla

MSU
01-04-2009, 18:34
Do you really have 15 chariots in one army? wow

seaXcow
01-04-2009, 19:08
15 chariots hmmmmm,,,, sure dont tomb kings.

totaltyke
01-04-2009, 19:17
Im pretty sure the army is illegal. I think that for each character with a mark, you must have a unit with the same mark.

g0ddy
01-04-2009, 19:23
Possibly? From what I understand a marked character may join either an unmarked unit or a unit with its mark?

Theres also the big about if the general has a mark, you may not have any other marks in the army - but I assume the unmarked bray-shaman is the general in this case.

Please.. correct me if im wrong :)

EDIT: an expansion on my earlier post... What happens if you were to take a separate beast herd for each shaman? I know beast herds cannot be marked but you could at least model them to be so? It might be kind of fun.

~ Zilla

Kalist
01-04-2009, 19:28
This would be an awesome army to setup across from. I know my jaw would hit the floor. 'You have how many chariots?????' If it's legal, good luck with it!

totaltyke
01-04-2009, 19:31
Ok, just checked the BoC book, and it IS illegal.

Quote from pg 51, 2nd bullet point:
If your general worships Chaos Undivided then you may mix other marks in your army freely, with the following exception - you may only give a Mark to a character if the army also contains a unit or chariot with the same mark (other than a Chaos Spawn).

AFK in Life
01-04-2009, 21:03
Ok, just checked the BoC book, and it IS illegal.

Quote from pg 51, 2nd bullet point:
If your general worships Chaos Undivided then you max mix other marks in your army freely, with the following exception - you may only give a Mark to a character if the army also contains a unit or chariot with the same mark (other than a Chaos Spawn).

:( I guess I missed that part totaltyke, thanks for the catch. Got to read through the mark section more closely I guess, though I had it all down. Well back to the drawing board again on my characters.

One of the reasons for all the chariots, is just the insanity of it, basically maxing out something to rediculous levels. Secondly I got the chariots at an amazing price, so buying anything else gets expensive fast. Finally, they paint up fast, and I have less then a month to paint the entire army. I would feel like a super douche to build an army like this and not paint it.

SiNNiX
01-04-2009, 21:29
Come on, people! Can't you just wait six to eight more months for the 7ED Beasts!?!?!? :rolleyes:

totaltyke
01-04-2009, 22:38
Why not drop 1 undivided chariot, giving you enough points to buy the necessary marks? With the remaining points, you could buy 1 more gor, and 2 ungors for your beast herd